PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is this guy a complete ripoff of Eminem?

Colmes
23-01-2010, 17:40
Ok ...well...its kinda weird. He completely denies it - listen to his voice, and how he raps, in a few of his popular songs. He sounds like hes just kinda taking eminem's "flow" style as he drops.

Not to mention his explanation for why someone may think he sounds just like eminem makes no sense... Apparently its only because hes white that people compare them.

If any of you are eminem fans, check this out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQMZy7Or6c

One of his songs is even called "As I Em" which sorta confronts the people who say hes ripping off eminem's style.

D's
23-01-2010, 17:49
i am the real slim shady.

CbRoXiDe
23-01-2010, 17:52
nah im the real slim shady

sgurd
23-01-2010, 17:53
http://marcdegrandpre.com/images/b/op%20is%20a%20faggot.jpg

Colmes
23-01-2010, 18:03
Ah yeah, damn I am a faggot thinking eminem is good music? Hes the rap I listen to - its all about drugs. I dont like penis, I've had sex with my penis placed inside of a vagina (Human, female same age) more than the number of times that I've posted here on bluelight . So clearly i'm not a faggot.

Now i'm just gonna call you a faggot, faggot.

Aw shucks you wanna meet in a hotel room? can I suck your dick mm yes! you like that dont ya you little faggot mmmm

Colmes
23-01-2010, 18:09
Oh no wonder. why the fuck was my post moved to this ridiculous shitty forum? Thanks mod for moving me to a forum where I'm going to get great answers, and fast!

Pander Bear
23-01-2010, 18:23
asher roth sucks

eminem sucks

there, happy?

Colmes
23-01-2010, 18:54
zzzz

wickedlester
23-01-2010, 19:05
damn

That_Guy
24-01-2010, 00:19
Where is Sean Hannity when you need him? :(

Bomboclat
24-01-2010, 00:23
The only thing good about Asher Roth is that he's easy on the eyes.

subox1
27-01-2010, 09:14
Hahaha about this....i was listening to the newest swollen members album and on the song my life mad child says "asher roth sounds exactly like slim shady". kinda random I know but when I saw this thread it reminded me of that song.

double ewe
27-01-2010, 23:34
they both sound similar rap-wise, but i wouldn't quite say he's a "rip-off" since eminem raps about being poor and crazy and asher roth raps about being middle-class and normal. but yeah, both white, both nasal.

Captain Commie
28-01-2010, 02:25
Ah yeah, damn I am a faggot thinking eminem is good music? Hes the rap I listen to - its all about drugs. I dont like penis, I've had sex with my penis placed inside of a vagina (Human, female same age) more than the number of times that I've posted here on bluelight . So clearly i'm not a faggot.

Now i'm just gonna call you a faggot, faggot.

Aw shucks you wanna meet in a hotel room? can I suck your dick mm yes! you like that dont ya you little faggot mmmm

someone's insecure about something

alasdairm
28-01-2010, 02:58
he complains that it's inevitable that they'll be compared because there are "very few reference points" when comparing white rappers.

how about the fact that you sound exactly like eminem?

there seems to me to be no attempt whatsoever to differentiate himself from eminem. further, his accent, pronunciation and phrasing suggest he is attempting to replicate closely, the sound of eminem.

so, op, it's not just you :)

alasdair

Sega420
29-01-2010, 05:45
nah man i dont think Roth is a rip off, if you've heard stuff from him b4 he got noticed in the mainstream, you'll notice Roth is
way more stonerish.
he makes chill music a lot more than stuff like that "college" track.
so what he's white and had a track in the charts, all of a sudden he's copying eminem?
no.

fair enough they sound a bit similar, who cares, bears shit in woods also.

Asher Roth has been doing his thing for years.
people should grow up n look past bullshit

KevinKostner
29-01-2010, 05:49
I love college.
I love drinking.

His track with C-lo is decent. I don't think he's very talented though. I like my rap to be more "urban".

johanneschimpo
30-01-2010, 21:36
IMO he's trying to sound like Eminem. And no, its not just because "the are both white" as so many like to toss out there.
I remember when I first heard (of) him it was during those lame semi-commercials that MTV plays during the credits of their shows. One of his verses was a syllable-for-syllable copy of an Eminem verse, not to mention the voice/tone/etc being so similar.
As for what he raps about, I don't know the content of his songs, but surely they are different then Eminem's. I doubt he is rapping about trailer parks and shit, but the point stands, he sounds too much like him, and not in a good way.

Dopeyyy
05-02-2010, 01:18
Asher Roth is smart as hell. I just wish I had thought about rapping about keggers first. The dude is getting filthy rich, living his dream. Good for him.

MistaJeff
05-02-2010, 06:05
His voice sounds like Eminem's and he is white. Those are two things he has no control over. There is one huge difference between the two though. Eminem is good and this Asher Roth guy is mediocre.

Jack Jiggity Jaw
14-02-2010, 23:37
Asher Roth just sucks, Eminem's old shits good, joe budden is so underrated

http://i49.tinypic.com/6puqhk.jpg

Khadijah
16-02-2010, 08:11
Yo I didnt know who the fuck this was til a lil while ago I thought he must be some emo guy or some shit then I found out he was a rapper and just laughed. Heard some snips n clips of his shit and read some of his lyrics and dont understand why people would even take it serious. Just another one of those joke rappers. its a gimmick, fuckin phoney shit. Weak, lame, I can go on but I aint got to, his shitty music speaks for itself. I hate ppl associatin being white with this its embarassing to be the same race as this fool.