PDA

View Full Version : what are what are the best otc meds equivalent to opiates ?

altermystateofmind
10-01-2010, 09:26
getting tired of chasing the opiates ! need an alternative otc . can anyone help ? ive heard benadryl might do the trick . any help would be appreciated .

The Chemist
10-01-2010, 09:30
benadryl isn't similar to opiates, it can potentiate them though (make the high stronger), the only thing i've heard about (with mixed reviews), is Loperamide--or Immodium--apparently when taken in doses of aroung 100mg it produces that sought after buzz, lasting for up to 40 hours in some cases.

altermystateofmind
10-01-2010, 09:39
thx chem im gona lookm into that , would this also help with withdraw

altermystateofmind
10-01-2010, 11:21
apparently you need to take 100 of these things to do you any good lol , no thx.

Rogue Robot
10-01-2010, 18:21
This is really questionable, but I'm going to shift it to BDD. BDD mods, feel free to do as you wish.

Homeless -> BDD

Heroin Girl
11-01-2010, 06:35
This isn't an herb and not an OTC med, but I'd suggest Kratom. It's the only non-opiod I've found that has produced similar results.

bishop2012
11-01-2010, 06:59
getting tired of chasing the opiates ! need an alternative otc . can anyone help ? ive heard benadryl might do the trick . any help would be appreciated .

I agree w/ heriongirl, kratom has alkaloids much similar to opiates which bind to the same receptors in the brain but without the harsh detox when weening off. Having recently tried kratom for the first time I found it to be a great alternative. In lower doses it is much the same feelings of oxycodone but with a wonderful alertness and willingness to do stuff ( rather than just stare @ the wall and pass out). At higher doses it exhibits a stronger sedative effect but with some nausea. Also works very well with cannabis.
Oh, and benadryl will just make you tired......but at least you wont sneeze=D

deadricbloodgod
11-01-2010, 07:26
As said above either kratom or loperamide. However I haven't heard much from just taking loperamide by itself. Apparently if you combine it with something else you might get a opiate buzz. It was on another board though and I'm not sure it has been on BL so i'll look it up later if you can't find any info. And as for other otc things then I don't believe there are any if you're in the US. I think there is codeine in canada and some other opiate in france. Both aren't that strong though I believe.
And since were mentioning herbals and stuff then maybe poppy tea.

lazylazyjoe
11-01-2010, 12:09
Combine Valerian extract, doxylamine, serotonin, if you're looking for a nice calm nod. No rush though. But,
I also do "blood chokes" with my hands,( that can be very dangerous.) I do it as I feel like it duplicates the "rush" of a shot.
I wouldn't reccomend taking 100 mg of Immodium with no/little opiate tolerance.. You will make yourself seriously sick.
Also, the DXM in cough medicines like Benedryl is more like a disassociative trip than an opiate. However, I've always prefered Delsym as it has the highest concentration.

AndroidsDreamofBTC
12-01-2010, 01:55
Look into poppy seed pods. I think you can make tea from them and get a nice opiate buzz. But to answer your question, there is no easy OTC alternative to opiates. If there was one it would have been made illegal. Common sense really...

ActinUhFool420
12-01-2010, 17:42
^^^ yea...i agree. The US is strict against opiates. If u lived in Australia you can get codeine and do a Cold Water Extraction (CWE)...cuz if im not mistaken, its legal there. But thats about it.

Nothing OTC per say...but you can buy poppy pods or poppy seeds and make a tea. Theres tons of threads on that topic. Be careful tho.

rainbowdemon
12-01-2010, 18:17
I wouldn't reccomend taking 100 mg of Immodium with no/little opiate tolerance.. You will make yourself seriously sick.

That and you wouldn't shit for a week!!

Violenza666
13-01-2010, 01:56
Yea alleve is awesome. It gets you wicked high.

Sykoknot
13-01-2010, 02:08
Aleve? WTF? haha.
Desperate times call for desperate measures i guess.

Violenza666
13-01-2010, 02:12
Aleve? WTF? haha.
Desperate times call for desperate measures i guess.

hahahahaha! Motherfuck this economy!

The Chemist
13-01-2010, 02:12
Yea alleve is awesome. It gets you wicked high.

you aren't serious i hope...

gorgoroth
13-01-2010, 02:49
Wall mart brand AC and C (325/8/15)

SPC123
13-01-2010, 04:40
Not that I would ever suggest anything illegal, but codeine (w/ caffeine and apap) is legal OTC in Canada as well. If you are in the US you might try just ordering some. IDK if the pharms care about US law when the ship the stuff. I am sure some don't.

From wiki: "Tylenol 1 (available in Canada without a prescription) contains 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine and 8 mg codeine"

I've used it a lot for headache due to hangover. APAP and codeine don't agree with me though so I usually end up stomach sick.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
13-01-2010, 06:26
I think the original question was if there was any herb or drug that is available over the counter at stores/herbal shops, without a prescription needed, that can produce a high "similar" to an opiate.

monstanoodle
13-01-2010, 06:53
Before we can help give you definite ideas we need to know what country you're in :)
So give us that and we'll be able to give you more certain answers ;)

Violenza666
13-01-2010, 19:44
Before we can help give you definite ideas we need to know what country you're in :)
So give us that and we'll be able to give you more certain answers ;)

He said he was in Canada. I hear Codeine is OTC there but I don't know for sure.

ETA... I could have sworn he said he was in Canada, might be a different poster.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
13-01-2010, 19:50
United States. Any good herbals? We have awful strict laws down in the States.

I used to bring back Tylenol #1 from Canada long ago (back in the days when Hydrocodone got me high) as a boredom killer.

Violenza666
13-01-2010, 19:52
United States. Any good herbals? We have awful strict laws down in the States.

I used to bring back Tylenol #1 from Canada long ago (back in the days when Hydrocodone got me high) as a boredom killer.

You live in AZ, shit make a trip to Mexico.. lol it's what I would do.

Bob Loblaw
14-01-2010, 00:11
This is really questionable, but I'm going to shift it to BDD. BDD mods, feel free to do as you wish.

Homeless -> BDD

I'm going to close it.

BDD/BL isn't here to help you find a drug.

Violenza: Please improve your attitude.