• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vicodin vs Percocet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZzyBonne

Bluelighter
I'm sure it's been asked before, but I can't find an answer anywhere. What's the difference between the two? I know one contains hydrocodone and paracetamol, and the other contains oxycodone and paracetamol, but my question is, what's the difference in the euphoric effect, assuming the same dose each? If the same dose isn't the right way to compare it, then assuming comparable doses? I've only ever tried vicodins, and it made me happy, a little drowsy because of the Tylenol, and itchy - which I liked. How will the percocets make me feel?

Oxycodone is slightly stronger than hydrocodone.

Oxycodone will make you feel just as good as oxycodone will, more or less.

OD -> BDD

What the capt said and to the OP; the apap wasnt the cause of the drowsiness or itchiness :p it was the hydro.

oxycodone is stronger and i think has better effects.

it will make you happier and more itchy than hydrocodone but will probably knock you out a bit more.

try starting on oxycodone at 10mg and you'll see!

Yeah, I know the itchiness was from the hydro, but I figured the drowsiness came from the apap, simply because the other day I took 1000mg of it for my fever and went out because I was feeling good, and about three hours later I took another 1000mg and I was completely numb haha. Yes I know how bad it is for me, but I honestly rarely ever touch it, even for extreme headaches, I just sleep it off. But since I was out partying, I just wanted it to go away!

Yes, oxycodone is stronger than hydrocodone and contains less APAP unless you get the norcos which have 325mg (same as oxycodone). Just a ballpark dosage comparison I would say that oxycodone is a little less than 2x as strong as hydrocodone mg for mg. Like 37.5 hydro is close to 20mg oxy. Another difference that I felt was that the comedown from the oxycodone made me kind of aggitated compared to hydros. Remember to watch out for the amount of tylenol that you consume with either of these meds. Your liver is not something to mess around with, especially if you are taking these with alcoholic beverages.

I don't plan on taking more than three, but I'll start with two pills and see if I want a third from there. With Vicodin, I've always done three, always the same pill too, 5/500. Pop my first two and my third about an hour later. I've only done Vicodins about 5 times in my life.

Thanks for the replies!

Oxycodone is stronger and for me preferable. Hydrocodone, you need more to feel 'good'. I think after continued use you'll too prefer oxycodone, considering you get more for your buck....or something like that ;)

Oh, and to reply to more of your q's- percocets tend to make me feel a BIT more energized and less drowsy. They will make you drowsy no doubt, just not to the extent of hydros.

Percocet and Oxycontin are both Oxycodone, though. ^ I wonder if its the added tylenol in the percocets that make you not like it as much.

lol.

Oxy is more stimulating, euphoric, expensive, desirable, and less likely to make you as itchy. YMMV

Always go for the perc/oxy. Much better all around, though vics do have a very similar high- you just need a slightly larger dose. And if it is a real script, tell your doctor you have trouble with APAP/tylenol and they'll give you plain oxy. That way you save your liver if you dose high w/o doing a cold water extraction. You can also inject them, though that adds a whole new set of risks. Conversely, even if you could get hydro w/o APAP, you couldn't shoot them. Very bad for you, like injecting codeine.
Another benefit is hydrocodone will show up on the basic 4 panel drug test, while oxycodone will not as it doesn't breakdown into codeine or morphine in your urine. They need to use a more expensive test to detect oxycodone. However, lots of labs do test for it.

I wish I could try hydrocodone just to compare. It seems like it's almost impossible to get in canada, at least in pill form, the syrup isn't that much prescribed compared to codeine syrup and Hycodan only comes in 5mg without tylenol or other crap, but it's never ever ever prescribed I guess cos I never see it at all. I wonder what is taboo about hydrocodone here while Hydromorph Contins are all over the place.

Oxycodone is stronger and for me preferable. Hydrocodone, you need more to feel 'good'. I think after continued use you'll too prefer oxycodone, considering you get more for your buck....or something like that ;)

Oh, and to reply to more of your q's- percocets tend to make me feel a BIT more energized and less drowsy. They will make you drowsy no doubt, just not to the extent of hydros.

i agree.

i prefer oxycodone(percocets) but every now n then when they price is right (which isnt often cuz ppl charge crazy prices for hydro) i enjoy gettin down on high dose CWE of hydrocdone. i enjoy hydrocodone a good bit. and i dont think it is given the credit it deserves

for a couple reasons:
hydrocodone is a relatively potent opioid. it seen as on par with codeine but it is better/stronger then codiene
i think if there was 'Hydro-contin' or something then hydro could have he potential of being on par with morphine or oxycontin
also wirh percocets, the majority of percs are 325mg of APAP(10/325 & 5/325 being the most common percs), where as with hydrocodone, yea norcos are popular but its not unheard of to get 10/500, 10/650, 7.5/750, 7.5/500, 5/500 and you guys know what im sayin, which is shitty for anyone with a tolerance or anyone concientious about thier liver

so if you feel this is
tl;dr
summary:
percocet>vicodin ........~most of the time.

when the price is right hydrocodone is an under-rated opioid

Yeah definitly oxy>hydro but hydro is underrated.

I find that Roxi's are shitty compared to oxy's for some reason. Maybe methods used in synthesis of the oxycodone. Whatever it is Oxy's are better quality.

Someone above said that oxycontin and oxycodone are both the same thing (yes, one is just continuous release and the other not). It's true that the percocet is less desirable even THOUGH it contains oxycodone, the same drug. I believe that it is the APAP that makes it less enjoyable. Now that my tolerance is sky high in terms of oxycodone I 'hate' percocets because I have to take a massive amount to feel anything and I'm not comfortable taking that much APAP (it hurts my stomach) and CWE's though easy are just something I'd rather not do.

In terms of the question: I like percs better than vicodin. Hydrocodone is too weak for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.