• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Theory of psychedelics. Are they right or wrong?

Im taking the time out to say I love the psychedelic culture and all of its members, I have made some very close friends by tripping and I know you guys know the same bond im talking about.
Happy holidays to you all.

Me personally on christmas day me and my friends are all trip on the same dose at the same time when our family stuff is done with.

Is anyone else doing anything like this?

Happy holidays.
I love the psychedelic culture too, by far the best and least sketchy people in the drug culture!

I'm probably going to do 2C-E for my second time on christmas. I only did 5 mg the first time, had a nice ++ trip, and I'm probably gonna push it up to 12 mg and get my girlfriend to try it with me for her first time. Should be amazing!

Happy holidays.
I love the psychedelic culture too, by far the best and least sketchy people in the drug culture!

I'm probably going to do 2C-E for my second time on christmas. I only did 5 mg the first time, had a nice ++ trip, and I'm probably gonna push it up to 12 mg and get my girlfriend to try it with me for her first time. Should be amazing!

Be careful, I have had some WILD trips on 2C-E, I went to a music festival and took 5 liquid viles of it, it was very very intense visuals and bright colors that swirled into one another and I couldn't make sense of anything around me. I got lost looking for the washroom and tried to take a piss in the trees which turned out to be a group of people, I was walking like I was wrecked apparently, and I hate when you can't piss for 12 hours [worst drug shrinkage ever! I was scared] Just be careful not to over do it. That was a very fun experience but I will never do that much again.

My dealer claims that each additional vile doubled the high, 2 was comfortable so 5 was completely stupid.

I disagree with the theory that they are put here for a reason, just like I disagree with any other theory of premeditated design.
It's human projection and selective perception to ignore the billions of other compounds that have no psychoactive properties and attach meaning to the ones that do, meaning that exists nowhere except in our own experience and convictions. The reason we don't know the true cause of each and every psychoactive compound being there is because we are not done researching them. For us, everything not yet explainable by science is magical. One of the few things I think we and our science and Aristotelian way of thinking have the wrong approach about is the metaphysical nature of reality.

Great Post.
And my views exactly.=D

^I'll probably be tripping on 5mg of DOM on christmas. :)

Great vibes on Christmas day; nobody is out hustling around, the daily grind has come to a halt, and for a few moments everything seems to be at peace. :) <3

<3 The Holiday Season.

Enjoy DOM. I cant wait to set aside a day to give it a test run.

On christmas ill be drinking wine and beer with L*L's family.
But on NYE i plan to indulge in swirldom<3

This is amazing because if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E62nkpcWNo4 this whole video you will be explained that a part of the brain we considered "useless" has recently been sort of describes as the psychedelic part of the brain and also may hold many many many answers to our questions. I think this scientist is onto something and it was quite educational to watch.

great viedo That strange guy between that and the rabbit hole my brain is scrambled...sometimes better not to ask why, enjoy the preetty colors and go wow...

I don't really subscribe to the idea of "everything happens for a reason" or at least not for a reason that is relative to us. This applies to psychs as well. Our brains is a machine that uses chemicals to function so it isn't that surprising that there are many different chemicals that can change the way our brain works, some with rather insignificant and uninspiring effects while others that are quite profound.

Psychedelics just happen to be very potent in regards to the 5-ht2 subclass (mainly 5-ht2a) and causes excitation to exceede normalcy. This is what produces the strange thoughts (mind expansion) the visual disturbances (hallucinations) etc.

Psychedelics just happen to be very potent in regards to the 5-ht2 subclass (mainly 5-ht2a) and causes excitation to exceede normalcy. This is what produces the strange thoughts (mind expansion) the visual disturbances (hallucinations) etc.

Is this a fact? Thats interesting stuff

They are neither inherently good nor bad/right or wrong, that's a classification we put on them from our own personal judgement

I'm surprised more people aren't entertaining the idea that psychedelics may have some metaphysical meaning behind them beyond 5HT stimulation, brain/chemical interaction and personal judgement. I by no means subscribe to any beliefs, but I feel there is a good chance that psychedelics were placed here to speed up our evolution. Maybe not placed here by a conscious higher-power, maybe by coincidence, but they do facilitate mind expansion. Al though many techniques can facilitate similar levels of awareness, they are all unique and there is something "special" about psychedelics, especially in relation to all other drugs.

Many of us understand that there are scientific explanations for a lot of the effects of psychedelics, but the wide differences between all of the psychedelic compounds yet the similar experiences such as entity contact, ego-death and OBE's on psychedelics should yield some interesting postulations of what they might mean in a spiritual or metaphysical context.

I appreciate the skepticism with such unverifiable nonscientific speculations, but it is interesting and in no means unhealthy to entertain possibilities while not necessarily believing they are absolute truths.

Ideas, not beliefs.

Last edited:
Me personally on christmas day me and my friends are all trip on the same dose at the same time when our family stuff is done with.

Is anyone else doing anything like this?

I'm dosing right now! So I will be fresh for family tomorrow. Ready to let the good vibes in! T minus 35...

but I feel there is a good chance that psychedelics were placed here to speed up our evolution

Can't buy into that idea as it makes out that humans are something special & apart from the rest of the animal kingdom (like the christian church does). They might have had an effect on our evolution, but it's purely by chance - we are not a special case, just an ape that learned to use an abstract language...

^^ Well isn't my view of humanity just a tad egotistical then ;)

Ironic how my postulation that psychedelics being placed here for our evolution is reminiscent of those creationist Christians though!

I see much vailidity, but I still think it's really 50/50, so to say we are just an ape that learned an abstract language is still conforming to a belief. (Al though one grounded in science, I'll give you that!) Maybe we are?

I am an open-minded spiritual agnostic. If that makes any sense =D

edit: I felt compelled to bold the word just. There is no debate whether we, i.e. humanity, are an ape that learned an abstract language, but I think there is a worthwhile debate if that is just all humanity is????

Last edited:
Maybe each species has the same potential, but humans have more mental capacity to realize that potential. And what may that potential be?

My most revered *potential* would be direct union with the infinite.

Or maybe we all have the same lack of potential hehe

Or as my new saying goes, maybe I'm just high on K?

comme ci comme ça

wax on wax off!

we have to be a little special, why were we the only animal to evolutinize ( if thats even a word) into having the mental capacity we have now? we were the only animal that met the certain characteristics to become what we are so i think thats kinda special, even if it wasnt jesus or god doing it

I feel our major attribute, our mental abilities, is a handicap and is far inferior to all life forms around us.

why? sure our mental capability may lead to our downfall, but i am very grateful that we can expand our minds, animals cant.