• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long to soak benzedrex inhaler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffmatic730

Bluelighter
I have a benzedrex inhaler and dont feel like waiting 24 hours for it to soak in lemon juice as previous people have stated. Can i just leave it in the lemon juice for say 20 mins and get most of the amphetamine out of it? thanks.peace

You won't get as much out of it if you only wait 20 min. Just cut it up and swallow the cotton. Yeah, it's not good for your digestive tract, but if you don't make it a habit, you'll be fine. And trust me, you won't be making benzedrex a habit. It's fun at first, but loses its magic very quickly.

welll i ended up soaking it for about 20 mins and when i squeezed the cotton and took it out and ripped it open there was no brown left in the cotton so i think i got it all. the effects felt that way also, good buzz. and i wanna do some more today!

I have a benzedrex inhaler and dont feel like waiting 24 hours for it to soak in lemon juice as previous people have stated. Can i just leave it in the lemon juice for say 20 mins and get most of the amphetamine out of it? thanks.peace

You're not shooting it are you? I sure hope not.
Propylhexedrine is primarily a PNS (periphal nervous system) stimulant, as opposed to CNS (central nervous system). What this means is that you basically get all the bad side effects of amphetamines (jitters, fast heartbeat, anxiety, etc) with very little euphoria.
Anyways, an 8 hour soak, while occasionally "milking" the cotton by pushing down on it with a spoon or similar object will speed things up.

Benzedrex hasn't contained amphetamine for years. The last couple posts mention the drug these inhalers contain. Back when I was in high school, there was a "recipe" floating around for making (quasi-)crank out of inhalers. It was crude and nasty, but that didn't seem to stem its popularity.

I would say that 20 min. should be fine, and you can do a second-pass extraction to be sure. I trust that this is for oral use, right?

And as the poster above me indicated, propylhexedrine is not a substituted amphetamine.

ebola

yeah i used it orally, and i think the 20 mins did the job like i previoulsy stated, didnt know it wasnt an amphetemine though , it feels like one at least.

propylhexedrine is methamphetamine with the phenyl group replaced with cyclohexane.

ebola

Resurrecting an old thread...just parachuted 500mg propylhexedrine as a substitute for my Vyvanse (pathetic, I know, but I really do need a low dose of a stimulant every day). No extraction, just swallowed shredded cottons. I feel great.
No extraction is needed IMO. But this is just my experience. You don't have to take my 2 cents to the bank.

Ive done this many times both propylhexedrine and levomethamphetamine, good at first but i just cant stand the vasocontriction that it gives you a few hours down the road, not a very good feeling. I need to get off my ass and do a successfull extraction with either so that i may just get the drug itself.

Re:

I just swallowed the cotton stick. 2 buddies of mine and I just cut the cotton stick with a razor blade and just chugged them all with some mountain dew(the menthol taste was awful). In 1 hour one of my buddys was puking horribly, then in about 3 more hours my other friend was throwing up for a hour. I felt fine though. It felt pretty close to a adderall buzz. All and all it was enjoyable for me but I'd never do it again.

propyl is good shit

on the right dose I felt like i was on high quality amphetamine, it even felt mdma'ish at times

I just get horrible nausea and the last time gave me cardiac dysrhythmia lol? :(

soooooo fuck that

propyl is good shit

on the right dose I felt like i was on high quality amphetamine, it even felt mdma'ish at times

I just get horrible nausea and the last time gave me cardiac dysrhythmia lol? :(

soooooo fuck that

Strange as it sounds....propyl IS good shit.
I love speed (meth or dextro only please), but HATE Adderall due to the PNS side effects....so I hate to contradict myself from my first post in this thread, but when I parachuted the propyl cotton rods yesterday I felt great speedy euphoria, all CNS activity. I felt my heart flutter a couple times and that was it (which will happen on quality meth and dextro, as well).
I'm sure a high dose would be scary though.

As a warning to anyone who would want to IV this nasty shit (even extracted) it will fuck you up in a very bad way. Does something very bad to your brainstem.

Intravenous abuse of propylhexedrine (Benzedrex) and the risk of brainstem dysfunction in young adults.

Fornazzari L, Carlen PL, Kapur BM.

In 1949, amphetamine sulfate was replaced by propylhexedrine in the nasal decongestant agent Benzedrex because of psychosis, sudden death, and widespread abuse. Propylhexedrine is not without risks, and reported cases of psychosis, myocardial infarction, pulmonary vascular disease and pulmonary hypertension, and sudden death are well documented in the medical literature. We are reporting 2 cases of definite brainstem dysfunction and 5 cases of transient diplopia secondary to IV abuse of Benzedrex. This widely abused drug is prepared by heating Benzedrex and hydrochloric acid, and the resulting crystals are dissolved in water for injection. This agent is called "stove-top speed". All 7 patients had transient diplopia, within seconds after injection. One patient had evidence of a right-internuclear ophthalmoplegia, and another had a depressed right gag reflex and paralysis of the right half of the tongue. The deficits in these two patients, persisted for many months. In young adults with history of drug abuse, the IV use of Benzedrex should be considered in the differential diagnosis of transient or permanent focal brainstem deficits.

Scary shit!

-lenses

I see 1/2 of an acid-base extraction. Does that mean that these individuals are also IV'ing oil of menthol and lavender? Regardless, rapid methods of administration appear highly dangerous. Extracts, if used at all, should be used orally. Propylhexedrine, if used at all, should be ingested via extracts.

ebola

Last edited:
^Agreed. Shooting propyl will fuck you up in ways you cannot imagine.

As a warning to anyone who would want to IV this nasty shit (even extracted) it will fuck you up in a very bad way. Does something very bad to your brainstem.

Intravenous abuse of propylhexedrine (Benzedrex) and the risk of brainstem dysfunction in young adults.

Fornazzari L, Carlen PL, Kapur BM.

In 1949, amphetamine sulfate was replaced by propylhexedrine in the nasal decongestant agent Benzedrex because of psychosis, sudden death, and widespread abuse. Propylhexedrine is not without risks, and reported cases of psychosis, myocardial infarction, pulmonary vascular disease and pulmonary hypertension, and sudden death are well documented in the medical literature. We are reporting 2 cases of definite brainstem dysfunction and 5 cases of transient diplopia secondary to IV abuse of Benzedrex. This widely abused drug is prepared by heating Benzedrex and hydrochloric acid, and the resulting crystals are dissolved in water for injection. This agent is called "stove-top speed". All 7 patients had transient diplopia, within seconds after injection. One patient had evidence of a right-internuclear ophthalmoplegia, and another had a depressed right gag reflex and paralysis of the right half of the tongue. The deficits in these two patients, persisted for many months. In young adults with history of drug abuse, the IV use of Benzedrex should be considered in the differential diagnosis of transient or permanent focal brainstem deficits.

Scary shit!

-lenses

Yes that is indeed some fucked up stuff...
I have slammed some stupid shit in my days but to extract something from a inhaler and inject i wouldn't do. Even if i didn't know about these serious dangers it involve.

OK I have had allergies all my life .I find benzedrex very helpfull in clearing my sinuses I have spent alot of time telling people not to open the inhalers.

However since everyone says this stuff is fantastic i am going to try it. I have 1 inhaler I just opened it up. I have been snnifing it (yhe intended purpose of the inhaler) a few times a week for about 1 month now .Is the cotton supposed to be moist or dry when you open the inhaler? If it has already been used. Because my cotton is pretty dry. Some brown at the bottom though. I haven't used it all up I don't think. I imagined the cotton being moist. It's not. Also it leaves an oily residue on my fingers. I am doing this for the sake of science and BL!!!

OK I have had allergies all my life .I find benzedrex very helpfull in clearing my sinuses I have spent alot of time telling people not to open the inhalers.

However since everyone says this stuff is fantastic i am going to try it. I have 1 inhaler I just opened it up. I have been snnifing it (yhe intended purpose of the inhaler) a few times a week for about 1 month now .Is the cotton supposed to be moist or dry when you open the inhaler? If it has already been used. Because my cotton is pretty dry. Some brown at the bottom though. I haven't used it all up I don't think. I imagined the cotton being moist. It's not. Also it leaves an oily residue on my fingers. I am doing this for the sake of science and BL!!!

If you've been sniffing at it for a week, it probably lost a significant amount of active ingredient. If you must try this, use a fresh inhaler straight from the drugstore. Using a less potent inhaler could give you some effect, but it may be lacking--which in many cases drives a person to take more, which could be dangerous.
By the way, the cotton will probably always LOOK dry, but the oily residue is normal. Propylhexedrine is a volatile oil.

I am an expert on extracting propylhexedrine, from Benzedrex, I have done this 50-75 times, I soak the cotton cut into about 6-8 pieces in 100% lemon juice (just enough to cover the cotton) and repeatedly squeeze the cotton in the lemon juice for about 15 minutes or until you get bored, then I let it sit for about 30-60 minutes and strain and squeeze out the cotton and disregard it (or preform another extraction on said used cotton if you want to get anything you may have missed) strain the extract well then consume it how ever you please.

If you have any questions about Benzedrex I am the person to ask, please feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.