• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite news networks

capstone

Bluelighter
Or those not so. Not limited to TV, but even what's on the net and radio. Why do you watch those different places?

For instance:

I enjoy watching Fox News if its been a while since I've been pissed off, or listening to NPR if I need a nap, but can't quite nod off.

What are the good ones you get, both those entertaining and those relied upon for information?

NPR: I love their human interest stories, and interviews with authors (been introduced to lots of good work I wouldn't have otherwise read).

I only watch one local news channel, not in small part because their weatherman is my favorite onscreen personality, a relic of the days when I was hell-bent on being a meteorologist. :)

I feel like news on cable TV is akin to a pot of plastic flowers. It looks real, but on not so close inspection you see it for what it really is.
/cynicism
Local News is pretty good though.

NPR for sure.
I also like bloggingheads.tv online.

ONN comes in third.

NPR: I love their human interest stories, and interviews with authors (been introduced to lots of good work I wouldn't have otherwise read).

They do talk about some good books, its just the hippy liberal attitude that I can't get past. I'm from the US, and can't watch any of their trash seriously. So, I'll usually get my reliable news from the UK Telegraph and Guardian. Depending how commie I feel on the day, I'll watch Russia Today, which is actually a pretty decent source.

Can't stand the local news from my city. Just straight up lies, lies, and more lies. I know this because they report one thing, then I'm able to talk to the people in the story in some cases, and everything misrepresented.

But, overall, obviously, I'm an infowars/prisonplanet man.

Comedy Central/Comedy Network for the Daily Show? Only way I can get decent American news. Seriously. CBC Newsworld/and cbcnews.ca for Canada stuff. The National is good for when they have the debate group on. I've started watching Lang and O'Leary on Newsworld (they have a financial show), she (Amanada Lang) was on BNN, and is FINE. Only reason I watch the show - good content though, if I want my doom and gloom report for the day.

BBC has a good World news 30 min segment on Newsworld that's worth watching.
VBS has some good documentaries/news spots. Anyone know of anything like the docs
they do on VBS (Gunmarkets of Pakistan, etc. )? Be interested in taking a look.