PDA

View Full Version : Best "upper" opiate

Pages : [1] 2

U4IC1
30-11-2009, 20:46
Im not a fan of being lethargic or nodding, so I am wondering what is the best opiate pain medication for having an energetic high? The only ones I have experience with are oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, methadone and demerol. I used to get all talkative and energetic from oxycodone, but now I find myself just getting tired and in a bad mood when I take them. I have been taking the same dosage for pretty much the past year which is 15mg 3-4 times a day. I am scared to increase my dose, but at the same time wonder if increasing the dose will give me back that old fun high that I used to get.

kobilica
30-11-2009, 20:53
Doesn't Tramadol posses some norephedrinic action?

jackie jones
30-11-2009, 20:55
Synthetic or semi-synthetic opiates (opioids) produce a more energetic high. Some of such medicines include Oxycodone, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Fentanyl. Some people also find that Kratom produces an energetic opiate high.

Vader
30-11-2009, 21:06
Fentanyl was anything but energetic for me.

Pharcyde
30-11-2009, 21:07
oxys

EmmaRoseNo5
30-11-2009, 21:10
based on what you've said, i would think you've hit the point where an increase of any of the ones you list might give you more energy. be careful though as this is the never ending cycle.

the "uppety" feeling oxy gave me is precisely what led to my addiction. i haven't tried them all, and am clean now, but i have always heard by all that oxy is the one...

phatass
30-11-2009, 21:17
i've never tried it, but from what i've heard/read i believe oxy is the most speedy opiate

U4IC1
30-11-2009, 21:21
I have heard/read the same thing pretty much.... That oxy is gonna be my best bet for pain management and desired side effect. I am really curious about Opana though and would love to try it, but hate to jeopardize my being able to get the roxis im on now. The only way I take any pills is by mouth or blow em. Im not a needle man. I dont know if that would make a difference in which drug either. Thanks for the responses thus far.

jackie jones
30-11-2009, 21:23
i've never tried it, but from what i've heard/read i believe oxy is the most speedy opiate

Oxycodone is a very speedy opiate with a good rush depending on the ROA. The duration (2.5-3 hours) leaves much to be desired though. I much prefer methadone for my opioid of choice.

theotherside
30-11-2009, 21:43
^^I've never had methadone, but the duration sounds fantastic. Is there actually a "high" from methadone, or is it like sub's?

jackie jones
30-11-2009, 21:46
I nod hard on 25mg of methadone for the first few hours, then the energy kicks in. Very good high. The only bad part is it makes me itch like crazy, even while I sleep. I have woke up on several occasions having scratched my face raw.

theotherside
30-11-2009, 21:48
Without discussing price, let's just say they are the most expensive opiate around H-town for some reason. I'm sure I would love them because I get so tired of having to dose my hydrocodone every 2.5 hours to stay out of pain and keep from getting the sickness.

jackie jones
30-11-2009, 21:53
Methadone has very bad withdrawal symptoms. After a four day binge, I will sleep for 48 hours straight, then be wickedly depressed for another few days. I have yet to try heroin, so I cannot compare it to that, but the withdrawals are worse than that of hydromorphone or morphine.

theotherside
30-11-2009, 21:56
^^Damn, I can hardly handle hydrocodone/morphine w/d. Can't imagine much worse than the time I came off a few months of oxycodone...brutal.

lenses
30-11-2009, 22:02
OC is definately the most speedy opiate IMO. For daily users though any strong opiate will have a stimulant effect. I get spun from H when I don't do large amounts.

-lenses

U4IC1
30-11-2009, 22:16
Yeah I cant say that I have even remotely liked any of the other pain pills I have tried except for the oxy and hydrocodone. They seem to be more suited for someone who enjoys that heavy body feeling and extreme relaxation.

opiatekrzy
01-12-2009, 03:32
OXY by far is the most stimulating opiate, along with tramadol..methadone can be in a way, in my experience. hydrocodone is a less stimulating opiate. Subutex, suboxone if ind stimulating low doses

RedRum OG
01-12-2009, 03:49
oxycodone

daysonatrain
01-12-2009, 04:22
as everyone said, oxys are what your looking for. for me at least, smaller doses of opiates, depending on tolerance, always speed me up more than knock me out. in every roa except the needle.

woamotive
01-12-2009, 04:39
For me, a decent dose of OC gives me a little lift. All the others feel 'nice' but don't give me an energetic high. More of a comfortable talkativity-if that makes sense.

kzorro
01-12-2009, 05:31
oxycodone and kratom

lollerskater
01-12-2009, 05:38
Poppy pod tea is awesome for that.

Bomboclat
01-12-2009, 05:55
IME/O its a tie between Tramadol, Kratom, and Oxycodone

gsta4lyfe
01-12-2009, 05:59
Tramadol is a LOT speedier than oxy...

U4IC1
01-12-2009, 06:22
Does Tramadol have any euphoria to it, or just some pain relief and energy benefits? Common sense would tell me I would be a dam nut to trade my oxy script for ultram.

jackie jones
01-12-2009, 06:48
Does Tramadol have any euphoria to it, or just some pain relief and energy benefits? Common sense would tell me I would be a dam nut to trade my oxy script for ultram.

Some people dig tramadol (usually those who have minimal experience with opiates/opioids). It is not nearly as good an analgesic or recreational medicine as oxycodone.

boohigh
01-12-2009, 10:09
Tramadol was the BIG drug of abuse in Russia and Ukraine, Ukraine eve has put it into Schedule I and preparations containing tramadol and acetaminophen are Schedule II now.
I have personally found tramadol very upper like, but it is changin over time - at first you have an upper effect, after 2 hours it becomes nod.

U4IC1
01-12-2009, 15:04
Thats weird. I never knew Tramadol was so prone to abuse. All I have ever heard from it is that it sucks. This is the first I have heard of it being a desirable drug.

Mystery Brew
01-12-2009, 19:13
Tramadol I would say

if your talking about a full opiate = oxycodone

I find opiates are better study aids too than the conventional stims= amps/ caffeine etc..

Cornishman
01-12-2009, 19:17
Dihydrocodeine always made me feel happy & 'up'. :)

NomNomNom
01-12-2009, 21:20
In my experience the answer is far and away Hydrocodone.
Personally I've used Oxycodone (Percocet) for 3 years and While I loved it and it made me more agreeable and whatnot I nver once felt hyped up from taking Percs. Hydro amps me up but can also make me very irritable.

It seems like a lot of people
are saying Oxycontin. Personally the 2 times I did an OC 20 I felt like I was tripping balls on opiates for 12 hours, slumped over half asleep, dope coursing through my veins. Maybe once you're acclimated you could get an upper feeling, but I wouldn't expect getting that going into it.

fuckalfa
01-12-2009, 23:10
Speediest? Pethidine or Meperidine. (Demerol) Ever wondered why it's C-II despite being much weaker than hydro, oxy or morph per milligram and not being used on the street much? Its composition causes a speedball-like effect in a pill. Unfortunately it has much higher risks for neurotoxicity and fits/delirium which explains its rare prescription.

Thebaine derived molecules such as oxycodone are second best.

U4IC1
02-12-2009, 03:26
Yeah I used to have a script for demerol a few years back and liked it alright. I got myself in trouble with it one time though and ended up sitting outside the hospital riding out an overdose.

JustaChippa
02-12-2009, 03:51
If you have been using that dose consistently, for that long, I am not surprised that you no longer derive any kind of energetic euphoria from it. I don't think it's the type of opiate you use: oxycodone is widely noted for being the best "upper" of the opiate family.

I have a suggestion, which you can obviously take or leave. Have you considered taking a planned "withdrawal break" in order to reduce your tolerance? Back in my heyday, about three days abstinence was all it would ever take to reduce my tolerance enough to make me feel like a novice the next time I took anything. (Mine were never planned, btw, but were when I'd run out and be forced to white-knuckle it till I could obtain some more.)

Those three or so days will be nasty, but I think you might find that the time you put in being uncomfortable will prove to have been worth it. I used to get a hold of some benzos and pretty much sleep the time away. The first time using after that would be sheer bliss, like it was the first time I ever used. Tolerance goes back up very quickly, but this will work for you at least short-term, especially if you restart at a lower dosage than you are used to. (Which you should defininitely do for safety's sake, anyway.)

DarkSideoftheWall
02-12-2009, 04:08
I have personally found tramadol very upper like, but it is changin over time - at first you have an upper effect, after 2 hours it becomes nod.

funny you should say this, personally I first noticed it with oxycodone as I did it frrquently. Then after using a few more basic opiates (morphine and such, wish i could get more), I find almost every opiate high is like this, though I haven't personally done tramadol. I think any opiate for energy is a waste anyway, cuz even if you do get energy, its so short lived its not even worth it.

FloridaHighs
02-12-2009, 04:10
Take some oxy with some caffine pills! works up that energy like nothing!

bi9000
02-12-2009, 05:15
Synthetic or semi-synthetic opiates (opioids) produce a more energetic high. Some of such medicines include Oxycodone, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Fentanyl. Some people also find that Kratom produces an energetic opiate high.

Fentanyl is the oposite of energetic, ime and imo. It seems like the most sedating with the least euphoria.

But @Topic, i'd say OC's - you could also try speedballing (just don't do more of either substance than you normally would). Not sure if thats been suggested, I didn't read all the replies.

FloridaHighs
02-12-2009, 05:45
Fentanyl is the oposite of energetic, ime and imo. It seems like the most sedating with the least euphoria.

But @Topic, i'd say OC's - you could also try speedballing (just don't do more of either substance than you normally would). Not sure if thats been suggested, I didn't read all the replies.

Agreed, speedballing = way to go

karmacoma11
02-12-2009, 13:16
UEI kratom. Also, insufflated oxycodone. Not simultaneously though. I nearly deplore tramadol - it does nothing for me.

I know, I know, I haven't posted a proper introduction yet (this is my first post after reading this site off and on for quite a while & finally registering a few minutes ago). It's late (or early, depending on how you look at it) though so I'm heading to bed for a few hrs. of sleep and will post a proper intro Wed. evening. <3

OpiYum
03-12-2009, 01:04
The component in oxycontin and I think buprenorphine is thebaine, which many people (me too) find energizing. When I did OCs I needed no cocaine to feel good as opposed to H alone.

U could search to see which other painkillers contain thebaine -- however, ultimately, it is how you perceive its effects.

Vader
03-12-2009, 01:47
Oxycodone is oxycodone, buprenorphine is buprenorphine, they are both pure chemicals with a single component. Both of them are derived from thebaine, but neither "contains" it.

bang that shit
03-12-2009, 01:48
I always feel quite talkative on OC

ZzopiatezZ
03-12-2009, 03:01
Some one mentioned Opana.

Haha No way. Opana will give you a nice little nod session

Moonmixer
03-12-2009, 05:36
I'd say that if you don't like being lethargic or nodding than opiates aren't for you...

Oxy is the "speediest" for me, meaning that I have about an hour of energy before I start nodding.

Hydro makes me lazy and then lethargic/nodding.

karmacoma11
03-12-2009, 06:14
Anyone whom I've seen use Opana had some serious shitty nods, definitely (I say "shitty" because nods aren't my thing unless my sole purpose is to get some sleep). I have no personal experience with Opana myself. Hydro has never done anything for me except take a slight edge off the pain after breast *cough* augmentation those first two nights postop -- no euphoria or anything "zippy". However, I took it orally; didn't insufflate. That might've made a difference, 'cause it sure did with oxycodone.

U4IC1
03-12-2009, 06:24
I really appreciate all the educated responses. I think I have derived that I will stay the course with my oxy as it is probably my best bet for pain management/desired side effects. I might consider upping the dosage a touch as i have been taking the same dose for quite a while and it's not a really high dose.

On a side note, the is NOTHING wrong with breast augmentation karma! I think it might have moved a little bit when I read that. 8o

poppiesplease
03-12-2009, 11:17
oc's='d an on/off again speedy, lethargic high for me. at moments i was very talkative, motivated, and my heart would race...almost reaching the point of anxiety attacks sometimes

percocets='d (and nothing else...) always gave me motivation and never let me down or sent me into a nod

so basically oxycodone is where it's at if you are looking for a "speedy" opiate high. or ya know..you could always do what i use to do..and speedball...but i really wouldn't recommend that...

Pharcyde
07-12-2009, 18:42
Note*

IV oxy = me gettin dizzy and no energy like snorting them

woamotive
07-12-2009, 18:55
oxy was only 'speedy' when I first started using it. Once tolerance develops I don't find my joy or euphoria or energy from any opiates. Only nodding and lethargy. As far as methadone goes, the length of the buzz is excellent. I DID I suppose make me feel a 'tiny' bit UP, but yes the comedown is horrendous. I received massive headaches from methadone w/d.

What was it?
05-03-2011, 05:58
Oxycodone in lower dosages, buprenorphine and tramadol (but bupe and trams suck in terms of euphoria) ......H for the first 3 mins lol....