• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best "upper" opiate

Does Tramadol have any euphoria to it, or just some pain relief and energy benefits? Common sense would tell me I would be a dam nut to trade my oxy script for ultram.

Does Tramadol have any euphoria to it, or just some pain relief and energy benefits? Common sense would tell me I would be a dam nut to trade my oxy script for ultram.

Some people dig tramadol (usually those who have minimal experience with opiates/opioids). It is not nearly as good an analgesic or recreational medicine as oxycodone.

Last edited:
Tramadol was the BIG drug of abuse in Russia and Ukraine, Ukraine eve has put it into Schedule I and preparations containing tramadol and acetaminophen are Schedule II now.
I have personally found tramadol very upper like, but it is changin over time - at first you have an upper effect, after 2 hours it becomes nod.

Thats weird. I never knew Tramadol was so prone to abuse. All I have ever heard from it is that it sucks. This is the first I have heard of it being a desirable drug.

Tramadol I would say

if your talking about a full opiate = oxycodone

I find opiates are better study aids too than the conventional stims= amps/ caffeine etc..

In my experience the answer is far and away Hydrocodone.
Personally I've used Oxycodone (Percocet) for 3 years and While I loved it and it made me more agreeable and whatnot I nver once felt hyped up from taking Percs. Hydro amps me up but can also make me very irritable.

It seems like a lot of people
are saying Oxycontin. Personally the 2 times I did an OC 20 I felt like I was tripping balls on opiates for 12 hours, slumped over half asleep, dope coursing through my veins. Maybe once you're acclimated you could get an upper feeling, but I wouldn't expect getting that going into it.

Speediest? Pethidine or Meperidine. (Demerol) Ever wondered why it's C-II despite being much weaker than hydro, oxy or morph per milligram and not being used on the street much? Its composition causes a speedball-like effect in a pill. Unfortunately it has much higher risks for neurotoxicity and fits/delirium which explains its rare prescription.

Thebaine derived molecules such as oxycodone are second best.

Yeah I used to have a script for demerol a few years back and liked it alright. I got myself in trouble with it one time though and ended up sitting outside the hospital riding out an overdose.

If you have been using that dose consistently, for that long, I am not surprised that you no longer derive any kind of energetic euphoria from it. I don't think it's the type of opiate you use: oxycodone is widely noted for being the best "upper" of the opiate family.

I have a suggestion, which you can obviously take or leave. Have you considered taking a planned "withdrawal break" in order to reduce your tolerance? Back in my heyday, about three days abstinence was all it would ever take to reduce my tolerance enough to make me feel like a novice the next time I took anything. (Mine were never planned, btw, but were when I'd run out and be forced to white-knuckle it till I could obtain some more.)

Those three or so days will be nasty, but I think you might find that the time you put in being uncomfortable will prove to have been worth it. I used to get a hold of some benzos and pretty much sleep the time away. The first time using after that would be sheer bliss, like it was the first time I ever used. Tolerance goes back up very quickly, but this will work for you at least short-term, especially if you restart at a lower dosage than you are used to. (Which you should defininitely do for safety's sake, anyway.)

I have personally found tramadol very upper like, but it is changin over time - at first you have an upper effect, after 2 hours it becomes nod.

funny you should say this, personally I first noticed it with oxycodone as I did it frrquently. Then after using a few more basic opiates (morphine and such, wish i could get more), I find almost every opiate high is like this, though I haven't personally done tramadol. I think any opiate for energy is a waste anyway, cuz even if you do get energy, its so short lived its not even worth it.

Synthetic or semi-synthetic opiates (opioids) produce a more energetic high. Some of such medicines include Oxycodone, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, and Fentanyl. Some people also find that Kratom produces an energetic opiate high.

Fentanyl is the oposite of energetic, ime and imo. It seems like the most sedating with the least euphoria.

But @Topic, i'd say OC's - you could also try speedballing (just don't do more of either substance than you normally would). Not sure if thats been suggested, I didn't read all the replies.

Fentanyl is the oposite of energetic, ime and imo. It seems like the most sedating with the least euphoria.

But @Topic, i'd say OC's - you could also try speedballing (just don't do more of either substance than you normally would). Not sure if thats been suggested, I didn't read all the replies.

Agreed, speedballing = way to go

UEI kratom. Also, insufflated oxycodone. Not simultaneously though. I nearly deplore tramadol - it does nothing for me.

I know, I know, I haven't posted a proper introduction yet (this is my first post after reading this site off and on for quite a while & finally registering a few minutes ago). It's late (or early, depending on how you look at it) though so I'm heading to bed for a few hrs. of sleep and will post a proper intro Wed. evening. <3

The component in oxycontin and I think buprenorphine is thebaine, which many people (me too) find energizing. When I did OCs I needed no cocaine to feel good as opposed to H alone.

U could search to see which other painkillers contain thebaine -- however, ultimately, it is how you perceive its effects.