• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

non smokers smoking

undead

Greenlighter
i've seen it before and i just saw it again.

it bugs me when people who are clearly NON-smokers smoke cigs in movies and tv shows... when they don't inhale. any idiot can see they're not inhaling. if it's supposed to be believable and the smoking is pertinent to the plot, you'd better hire an actor who really smokes, otherwise, they better learn to for the roll. it's annoying to see a "smoker" draw smoke in... hold it in their mouth, then exhale their thick cloud of smoke as if the viewer is supposed to believe they really inhaled. :!

I find it really noticeable too. I understand wanting to be healthy/worry about developing a habit but for real, they're getting paid bank. Hell, I'm pretty sure the majority of them have to (fake) smoke herbal cigarettes anyway as it's against the law to smoke real tobacco cigarettes in the work place in California; thus negating the risk. On the contrary I am pretty impressed with an actor when I know they don't smoke & do it properly for the role.

If I were a director I would demand they smoke their dumb herbal cigarettes legitimately.

Last edited:
^ agreed. MC... don't bad mouth winona ryder! :p

i loooooooooooooooove her. <3

:)

but it's been so long since i've seen that movie... at the time i saw it, i would have never noticed.

Ed Norton hates cigarettes and refused to smoke them for his role in Rounders.

/fun fact

that pisses me off,
also , my ex hated it in movies when people lifted up boxes that clearly had nothing in them

I've noticed that too.. It's like they aren't even trying.

Same goes from when someone is smoke herb and they barely breathe out any smoke from a fat bong rip and less than 2seconds of "holding" it in, barely anything comes out

Can we change this to a general peeve thread? =D

#1 - People pretending to drive but if they were actually driving would certainly cause dozens if not hundreds of deaths

^hahahahahaha!!!!!! ;) =D
Peeve : (and y'all know this..) WTF is up with Penelope Cruz's fucking accent? It doesn't even sound Spanish to me. It's so grating..like scratching nails on a board.

Cigarette-Smoking Man from The X-Files.

Believe it or not, the actor is a non-smoker. But hell, all that smoke coming out of his mouth looked really fucking cool.

Gotta love all the people who smoke in MadMen.
MadMen2.jpg

madmen.JPG

^ They all smoke those herbal cigarettes which Jon Hamm says taste terrible.

Very interesting Amy. I searched around for articles about it and in one, Jon (maybe Roger?) said the taste was a cross between pot and lawn clippings.

Gross. :p

i was watching Resevoir Dogs in BluRay the other day (not bragging, I've just never seen it in HD before) and i noticed that when Harvey Keitel and Steve Buschemi are smoking at the safe house, not only does it looks like Harvey isn't smoking, but it doesn't even look like he lit the fucking cigaratte...Buschemi on the other hand is clearly smoking

"The Wolf" definitely lit up in Pulp Fiction, so this is just odd to me