PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing senses on alcohol?

its.euphoric
03-11-2009, 06:48
I noticed that when I get drunk my senses are enhanced. Like touch is more sensitive and colors seem brighter and cooler looking. And music sounds a lot better.

My friends it doesn't really happen with them.. I'm just wondering does it happen with anyone else?

yucatanboy2
03-11-2009, 07:14
Yeah, but only at certain amounts of consumption, and some senses are enhanced while others are reduced.

Zubi420
03-11-2009, 07:41
i always assumed it was some sort of alcohol induced weed flashback.

its.euphoric
03-11-2009, 07:49
i always assumed it was some sort of alcohol induced weed flashback.

what?

Zubi420
03-11-2009, 07:56
wathttp://www.yourdailymedia.com/i/u/w8e4YvQN.jpg

its.euphoric
03-11-2009, 07:59
lol

purple_cloud
03-11-2009, 08:04
It definitely doesn't happen for me. When I drink I just feel like all of my senses are really dull...I'm just more of a silly, giggle a lot drunk. What you describe is moreso what happens with pot than booze for me.

Vault13
03-11-2009, 08:14
I noticed that when I get drunk my senses are enhanced. Like touch is more sensitive and colors seem brighter and cooler looking. And music sounds a lot better.

My sense of smell becomes more acute and maybe colors look more vivid but everything else goes to shit.

n3ophy7e
03-11-2009, 09:45
Are you finding this occurs only at the beginning of a drinking session, i.e. after around 2-4 drinks?? I find this occurs as well, but I'm guessing it's because of the resulting euphoria when the alcohol initially reaches the corresponding receptors in the brain. But after a certain point of consumption, the senses begin to shut down, because alcohol is after all a depressant.

lukw10
03-11-2009, 09:59
Are you finding this occurs only at the beginning of a drinking session, i.e. after around 2-4 drinks?? I find this occurs as well, but I'm guessing it's because of the resulting euphoria when the alcohol initially reaches the corresponding receptors in the brain. But after a certain point of consumption, the senses begin to shut down, because alcohol is after all a depressant.

I like to think of this point you are talking about as "comfortably buzzed" :]

drug_mentor
03-11-2009, 15:28
Alcohol dulls pretty much all my senses.

its.euphoric
04-11-2009, 04:06

idk, it seems to last as long as I can think for me. I don't remember alcohol ever losing it's euphoria at the end of the night or whatever.

kzorro
04-11-2009, 04:36
The only sense alcohol enhances for me is smell, and that's only when I'm buzzing. Once I'm drunk all my senses are fucked