• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Intravenous Injection (IV)

Alternity

Bluelighter
I've been injecting K IM for god knows how long and i'm interested in trying it via IV. My question is basically, how is the best way to go about doing this? Keep in mind I have a very high tolerance to IM as is. 120mg IM will still allow me to move around and I weigh roughly 120lbs. So...what precautions should I take in IVing? What will the experience be like? Very important is i'd like to know what the dose should be? Anything else I should know? I'm looking for responses mainly from people who have actually tried this...
Side note: When I inject even large doses of IM, I K-hole but tend to not get visuals, just the illusion of movement and floating and occasionally patterns and such. Will an IV hit bring me farther into the hole than IM possibly can????
------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals...and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant...earth would become paradise."
[This message has been edited by Alternity (edited 08 August 2001).]

DAMN! IF you are able to walk around after having IMed 120mg of ketamine you have ONE HELL of a tolerance! That is a serious amount of drug my friend - especially for someone wo only weighs 120lbs.
Yes, IVing Ketamine will hit you much harder. It will also shorten the duration of your dissociation. I myself have never IVed ketamine, but have heard countless stories of people loosing consciousness long before they finish pushing down the plunger. I am not a big fan of IVing ketamine, but if you must try it please have someone there to administer it to you.
Also, keep in mind that the addiction potential may very well increase by graduating to the IV route. To be straight up with you, it sounds like you might already have some issues with addiction as you have had to raise the dose so high just to break into a K hole. Ketamine is a serious addiction - trust me, I know. Keep yourself honest and set clear boundries for how often you will dose and how much you will use.
As for my recommendation for dosage... I would say start LOW. don't inject over 40mg IV your first time, and again - have someone there with you. From there you can decide if in fact you need more.
Goodluck - please let us know how it goes.
------------------
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
- Dr. Johnson
"We do not sense imagination enough to sense what we are missing."
-Jean Toomer

I remember somone saying IV'ing Ketamine will kill you...

Not necessarily, there is a problem with IV K in that it can stop you from breathing for a minute or so, which is why if it's used in hospital they always have trained people around to rub popsicles on your temple to get your heart pumping again.

IV'ing k will not kill u. I personally have not done it, but I have a friend who IV's often enough that he usually doesn't even go into a hole unless he injects over 75mg. So if that's ur thing, go for it. He says the rush is the best he's ever experienced...but in my opinion he is completely addicted to it also.

now what can i say to this?
um...
ive done it hundreds and hundreds of times.
huge, huge amounts of it.
it doesn't kill you.
well, it does, but not literally.
what i found is that it's very hard to k-hole...
but generally the trip is characterized by a really, really powerful rush that develops in such a way as that you can watch yourself being cut off from reality.
almost immediately after dosing, the pitches of sounds change--white noise causes a whine as you're coming up, and you perceive some clean, sterile smell. you feel euphoric and very relaxed. very soon after this your vision fades into the hole. if you do too much, you can pass out, and i tended to pass out most of the time, so i'd wake up 10 or 15 minutes after still very messed up. any time i did too little--that is, if i was still aware of my existence--i immediately did more.
the comedown is brutal and very very fiendy. if you have more you'll want to do it.
and that's what i did.
after i stopped doing it (basically because i got taken away from k for a couple weeks), i noticed a number of serious negative effects which still haven't gone away.
for example, i have a lot of trouble speaking (but i can write/type fine)... it's a problem.
so. if you do this you will probably like it. you'll probably like it too much, and you'll get scars for people to stare at and disapprove of.

oh yeah.. losing consciousness before they finish pushing down the plunger.. i probably did it too fast, but that never happened.
however, many times i DID pass out before i put everything away, and woke up with needles and stuff on the floor...

Well, I went ahead and gave the IV route a shot today. Since I was clueless as to what dosage should be, I only did 10mg. The rush came about a second after I finished pushing down the plunger. It felt like the rush I would get from about 30mg IM, only much quicker. I think I'll experiment a few more times this way simply to find out if it can bring me farther into a hole than IM can while saving drug at the same time. However, I think I'll stick to IM as it's easier and I like the longer duration. IV was a nice place to visit but I don't think I'd want to live there.
As for addiction...I don't really see what all the hype is about. Perhaps I'm not doing it enough to be really addicted. When I have a nice pile of bottles, I'll usually end up doing it (IM) about 3-6 times per day of doses ranging from 30-120mg per dose (rarely 100-120mg). That usage pattern lasts until I'm out of bottles which is usually a month or so. When I run out I feel zero physical withdrawl and minimal mental cravings which I easily cope with. I find the mental cravings with opiates to be a million times worse. In addition, I have noticed no negative effects to my mind or body WHATSOEVER due to my K use.
Finally, my statement about me being able to walk around on 120mg is only technically true. 120mg will very much hole me but I will not be a vegetable, if I HAD to move, I could. I'd probably fall a couple times though. And I can't really talk...just mumble nonsensical jibber jabber. Of course that's not to downplay my tolerance. It IS huge. Oh well, I'll run out pretty soon and it'll go down. Thanks for all the responses by the way. ;-)
------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals...and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant...earth would become paradise."

MOVED to the NEW Psychedelics forum!
------------------
dot slash 0wn3d

I've done it..especially when 200mg IM does little...and then i was running out
and the last 1cc ( 100mg ) i did IV recently.It's shorter trip, but seems a little more intense or i made myself to believe so...

IV Ketamine

What dosage (or range) would be recommended for someone with notolerance? I've done ketamine a few times before (intranasally) and I seemed to tolerate high doses slightly better than the average person. I'm female and weigh about 115 lbs.
How long should I expect the trip to last?
Lastly, should I have someone else take the needle out, or will I have time to get it out after IVing? I won't be doing this alone, but how sober does my trip-partner need to be?
Any other advice or suggestions?
For those of you who have IVed ketamine, how do you find it compares to other methods of administration?

How much did you snort before?
What effect are you looking for? Slight intoxication, k-land, k-hole?
100mg sounds like more than enough. (I could be wrong)
START LOW!
Also, do you have to do IV? I'd say IM (intramuscular) injection in your quad. (make sure you know exactly where on the quad) IM is easier, you dont have to worry about the vien.
And yes, it would be better if someone else injects. Also, from what I've heard, when doing IM its pretty hard to OD because before you'd get that much in your system you wouldn't be able to push the plunger in any more. (Don't take my word on this)

I'm not sure exactly how much I snorted the other times, but quite possible around ~200 mg, or even more.
I'm aiming for a k-hole/k-land. I've used ketamine for pain on other occasions but I would like to really experience the drug at its most intense.
I don't want to IM, because frankly IM scares me! I'm experienced with IVing though so I have no problems with that. I'm planning to insert the needle myself and then have a friend push in the plunger.

I have never taken Ketamine, but from memory i am reasonably sure it is incredibally hard to hole through IV. Peopel usually just get knocked out from it. If i where to inject it i would have to go the IM route as well. I think theres a few posts on this, i will have a look and if there is post links :)

Here are some posts you might be interested in
here
and
here
There are a few others, but i forgot to add them to this post, (sorry, i'm a little stoned :) )

I can't really tell you what dosage to go for, i've gone from 50 mg at times to 200 mg during a given day...
where are you planning on shooting it up? i personally perfer to shoot up in my pectoral muscle, it was recommended to me a while back and it seems to work very well...

Originally posted by MultistateOffender:

where are you planning on shooting it up? i personally perfer to shoot up in my pectoral muscle, it was recommended to me a while back and it seems to work very well...

She's IVing not IMing. I've never heard of anyone intravenously injecting anything into a vein in their pectoral muscle.

Please try IM'n k first before you IV it.. IV is so intense from everyone I hear of doing it. It is to intense, by the time the plunger is down you are k'd up as fuck.

listen to everyone. There is no good reason to IV. IM is much easier and safer.
BTW 100mg is pretty high for IM, for IV it would be stupid.
80mg IM should be a pretty intense experience and very safe.