• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Optimising a heroin nasal spray & avoiding hydrolysation to morphine.

fairnymph

Bluelighter
I use white-to-beige powder which I dissolve in water in a 10 ml spray bottle. Some people have mentioned that since heroin can hydrolyse (and does so gradually, I didn't think it was rapidly but I am not sure) into morphine, I shouldn't fill the bottle, and should to make a new solution as frequently as possible. I also keep it in the fridge when not in use.

However, it's really convenient for me to fill it all the way and not have to remake the solution every couple days. Also, if the level gets below about 10%, then the hose isn't always fully immersed and so the liquid sprayed isn't the full amount or properly dispersed.

I use a ratio of 1 bag to 1 ml so 10 bags in a 10 ml and that lasts me a very long time and seems to provide the right dose per puff. I could make it twice as concentrated, however, and still be okay - that'd be pretty strong, maybe a tad wasteful, but if it would greatly cut down on hydrolysation totally worth it.

I would assume based on basic chemistry that a more concentrated solution would hydrolyse less by shifting the equilibrium, but I honestly don't know much about the dynamics of heroin in solution and haven't been able to find out much in research for obvious reasons.

One other concern I have is microorganisms. I had some sort of mold/fungus, that pink one that grows in bathtubs, grow in my spray bottle. It was pretty funky and a bleach soak and then intense bleach soln rinsing cured it, so I suppose I can do this periodically, but any suggestions in terms of avoiding this all together would be even better. I've switched to bottled water, but maybe there is a preservative I can add? I make my own body creams and I have sodium borate on hand, but I have no idea about concentration and while it's very nontoxic in body care products, I'm not sure about its safety for insufflation.

Lastly...do you think that I should be concerned about 3-4 times a week use of my heroin nasal spray, and potential damage to my nasal membranes? I value my sense of smell above all other senses and while I have not noticed any decrease in my sensitivity to odours, I worry about long-term use eventually leading to some damage. I do rinse with saline nasal spray about 15 minutes after insufflation so that the heroin solution isn't sitting in my nasal cavities for very long, but any other input or suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks, and mods, I hope this isn't a repeat. I don't believe this topic has been specifically discussed in a thread, but if it has and my search just failed, I apologise in advance.

Here's a patent that may be of interest to you: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0430414.html

Natural alpha -cyclodextrin obtainable by causing an enzyme to act on starch, or hydroxypropyl- alpha -cyclodextrin obtainable by chemical modification thereof, or dimethyl- beta -cyclodextrin or hydroxypropyl- beta -cyclodextrin, may be mixed with morphine hydrochloride in a proportion of 10-200 parts by weight, preferably 50-150 parts by weight, to 1 part by weight of morphine hydrochloride and the resulting mixture is filled into a hollow type suppository prepared with a conventional suppository base, whereby a hollow type suppository comprising morphine hydrochloride according to the present invention is obtained.

Alternatively, two or more cyclodextrins selected from alpha -cyclodextrin, hydroxypropyl- alpha -cyclodextrin, dimethyl- beta -cyclodextrin and hydroxypropyl- beta -cyclodextrin may be admixed with morphine hydrochloride and filled into a hollow type suppository for rectal administration according to the present invention.

In obtaining a hollow type suppository of the present invention, it is not necessary to form a complex of morphine hydrochloride with the cyclodextrin. It is only necessary to mix morphine hydrochloride with alpha -cyclodextrin, hydroxypropyl- alpha -cyclodextrin, dimethyl- beta -cyclodextrin and/or hydroxypropyl- beta -cyclodextrin and put the mixture in a hollow type suppository.

The hollow type suppository containing morphine hydrochloride for rectal administration according to the present invention shows promoted release, in particular promoted initial release, of morphine hydrochloride from the suppository, increased initial absorption velocity of morphine hydrochloride in the rectum and, further, enhanced bioavailability.

yeah how does trying to patent rectal morphine have anything to do with a heroin nasal spray? o.0 not like your trying to get a patent either lol! but thinking about ur little spray bottle it sounds like its a lot better for ur nasal membranes than a powder would be, and u rinse 15 minutes later too.. so your taking every precaution you really can to take care of ur nose, i dont see you ever doing any real damage to it.. Also, what u need is a suspension agent to make the heroin disperse evenly through the solution, i dont know anything about them maybe someone else does though..

Cyclodextrins or chitosan may increase nasal bioavailability of heroin as well as morphine.

I am relatively new to heroin use and I'd like to know if using it in a nasal spray will lessen the effects? because I don't want to be unable to think clearly or travel.

thanks,
NS

rephrasing:

it seems to me that this method would be the easiest for avoiding detection. has anyone had problems with this?

Last edited:
What about using bacteriostatic water (stuff used to prep ampules for IV) to prevent mold/fungus? U can order it online.