• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

if you are looking for a good visual roll, then eat like 1-2 grams of shrooms after the pill kicks in. for just a kick ass night, eat the whole eighth of shrooms first, then once you are on your trip, eat a pill. if the pill is at least decent, you wont need another one, in fact my best hippiflips were off of just one pill. another cool way would be to eat one pill, once the roll kicks in, eat half an eighth, then once the shrooms kick in, eat the other pill, then the rest of the eighth- or vise versa. but the important thing to me about hippiflipping is having a good time, so dont overdo it all at once. another thing is, many times im on an eithgth shroom trip, and im soooo high that it seems like E might just bring me down from where im at. another benefit about hippiflipping is that the ecstacy comedown is almost completely non existant, thanks to the majic in the shrooms, just make sure you keep it to 1-2 pills max, and dont drop any pills towards the end of the experience. probably my favorite combo. have fun guy!

Id take less shrooms, especially if you do it in a public place. Yea less is more with the pills, but make sure you got an extra or 2 in case the shrooms overpower the roll, which is what happend to me on a couple occasions.

Eat the mushrooms then 30 minutes later eat a roll then 2 hours into the trip eat the other roll. It's going to be one of the best nights of your life

I did exactly this (minus the extra roll) and it was one of the best nights of my life.

3 grams is perfect if you want to have one of those nights where all you are doing is staring into space. If you want to goto a party or something, take less.

Make sure you get good pills. I tried hippie flipping once but got a pill full of meth and while it was fun it was definately not what I wanted and could have easily sucked. I definately wouldn't want to mix shrooms with DXM or PCP.

Last edited:
Hippie Flipping - MDMA overpowering mushrooms?

let me start by saying I`m talking about peeking-together-on-both-kind-of-hippieflip - eating mushrooms, and than 30 - 60 minutes later MDMA

I plan to eat around 2g mush and 100mg MDMA

(I do not want to eat MDMA first, and Mushrooms some time/hours later)

I`v read in different places that MDMA in some cases overpowered mushrooms, that it felt like strong roll but mushrooms effects were minimal;

on the other hand I`v heard that its best to not eat much mushrooms as this combo tends to get pretty intense even at lower dosages.

how it is in your experience?

in my limited experience, after eating even very low mushrooms dosages (0.25 g - 0.75g) mushrooms deffinitely added to the experience, but it was too low tu judge how it may go on higher dosages)

Iv'e never done it, but from my candyflip experience I would say that you should take high doses of mushrooms and medium doses of MDMA. You can really only expect to have the MDMA overpower to trip however, but it definently adds an insane amount of depth to it. Like rolling, but less shallow.(IMO)

I've done it a few times - reckon your stated doses (2g shrooms/100mg MDMA) should be about right - while I'd wait at least an hour - get settled in the shroom 'trip' first - enjoy - I'm sure you will ;)

I tried eating approx 20g of fresh hawaian mushrooms followed a couple of hours later by a decent strength pill. I did find that in the end the pill overpowered the mushrooms but it did add depth to the experiance, not quite as mindblowing as last time i tried LSD/MDMA.

my experience with candy flipping is that synergy is great, mdma adds depth to lsd experience and its very amazing to peek on both;

WE_COME1, would you say that eating a bit more mushrooms would help you not getting dominated, a bit, by MDMA?

also, thats what someone have told me on another place:

"In my expierence. If you do the shrooms before E - the E will over-power the shrooms.

If you do the shrooms before the E has fully kicked in, you'll have a very up and down ride. I remeber one night going to a club, dropped my E on the way there, get to the club, security finds our shrooms and says we cant take them in. So, we end up eating our mush before the E had kicked in fully. The high was

- Feel E+Shrooms at same time
- Feel just the E
- Feel sober
- Feel just the shrooms
- Feel E+Shrooms

and it was very much up and down, you'd feel both for a bit, then you'd feel one or the other, then both again, then stone sober.

From my expierence when doing a hippy-flip : wait untill the E has fully kicked in (if not starting to wear off slightly), then do the mushrooms. That will seem to kick the E back up a notch or two, create a smoother high (not so much up and down), and create a better synergy between the two drugs.

I used to hippy-flip alot about two years ago, and when I did it that way - I never had any complaints. Whenever I deviated from doing E first than the Mush, it was never as good as I would of hoped it'd be."

but thats only one person`s experience, hence I`m interested to hear more, and make up my mind

I want to do it similar as I do my candyflipping, mdma a while later than other thing, and acchive synergy and unique experience

will do it in the forrest, will be a blast I guess:)

I'd say i ate the pill on the peak of the mushrooms, but my sense of time was somewhat skewed so i can't be sure. Saying that i can't really say how long it took me to come up so the mushrooms being overpowered by the MDxx may've just been the trip winding down. Add to this it was a year or so ago too so my memories not to clear.

I remember it being v.enjoyable so if i were to do it again (if i could find some mushies) i'd probably repeat the 20g, then vary the dosages in later attempts.

Id like to try and get the peaks of the two very close...

I tried it once with acid, but coming down whilst tripping still is a mindfuck

Next time, I'll be waiting until I'm just over the top of the peak and then drop, or double drop

I found MDMA powder worked better than pills on acid. More smaller doses, the odd dab here and there so you can keep it going for the duration of the trip.

imo 2g of mushrooms is a non-hallucinogenic dose. Yes you can trip from that much, but ive gotten the tiniest visuals, if any at all, from Psilocybe Cubensis at that dose range (stronger strains, of course, have stronger effects). That being said, it may be easy for MDMA to "overpower" the mushrooms. From what ive experienced, the more pronounced visuals one gets correlates to how strong the mental psychedellic effects are. This is to suggest that one can trip without hallucinating, but one rarely hallucinates (from psychedellic drugs) without tripping.

Any time ive hippy flipped ive taken ~3.5g of mushrooms, and then eaten around ~80-120mg of MDMA (perhaps 20-25 mins later) and certainly noticed as blatantly as possibe the effects of both drugs synergizing wonderfully.

"If you do the shrooms before the E has fully kicked in, you'll have a very up and down ride. "
This is true with mushrooms alone, it comes in waves, stronger each time untill the peak(which is usually no less than earthshattering) and then slowly subsiding.
Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT. Ayahuasca (DMT and sometimes 5-MeO-DMT + MAOI) experiences also notice this effect of coming and going, stronger and stronger, often a feeling of the psyche under siege.

I haven't tried MDMA before mushrooms. Only MDMA after mushrooms, 35 grams of mushrooms (about 3.5grams dry), 3 x 50 mg MDMA spread.
It totally killed the trip. The visuals were crazy, but that's about it. I didn't experience any of the thoughtprocesses tryptamines usually give. In fact, the only thing I remember thinking was "whoa shit these visuals are intense" and "this would be great at parties".
Even after taking the first low dose of MDMA, the mushroom mindfuck was killed completely. Maybe I should've waited longer, at least 1,5 hours before taking the dose. I took it 20 minutes after eating the mushrooms, I was allready having hallucinations and the feeling of being partially in another dimension.

I will try this again though. Bigger dose of mushrooms, lower dose of MDMA. I'll probably start with snorting near-invisible amounts so I can slowly and accurately adjust the doseage to the amount needed.

I hope this time it won't be as dissapointing. It also felt very short. After the mushroom peak was over(about 3 hours into it), it was like I was just MD'ing with some minor hallucinations.

edit: "This is to suggest that one can trip without hallucinating, but one rarely hallucinates (from psychedellic drugs) without tripping."
Well this combo proves otherwise. It's like rolling with insane visuals.

take a bit more mushrooms (like 2.5-3g) or a bit less mdma (~80mg)

the one time i hippieflipped i took approx. 1.5 grams of mushrooms and one 60-80mg pill...neither drug overpowered the other...but i wasn't very high either

I really love this combo, and have used many different methods to find the best synergy. For me the best was found using 80-90mg MDMA pills, and 1/8th of shrooms. I took one pill to start, 30 mins later I ate the 1/8th, and finally once the 1/8th started to come on(usually an hour later) I ate my last pill. This method had the beauty of neither the shrooms or MDMA feel like it was dominating the exprience. There was a near perfect synergy of visuals, euphoria, body buzz, and stimulation mixed with a very "clean" feeling expience. If you feel like one is overpowering the other try this method.

My experience pretty much was defined by "flipping." For a while I would be only rolling, then I would be tripping, then I would be rolling, then I would be tripping, etc.

Regardless...I did it a powwow and had a great experience.

My dose was a 1.8-2g and one pill.

I'm thinking about doing this at a Massive 2 days from now. Good Idea to do it in public around a lot of people you don't know?

I took 1.5 grams of dried hawaiian mushrooms and after 3 hours i swallow a very good pill. It was amazing. The best drug experience in all my life.

I shall candyflip in about 2 weeks I reckon 2 trips and mdma at 4 and a half hours , should be just the job to rearrange my head correctly.

^ Possibly fav combination to date.

1x v. nice hoffman 100yr blotter + MDMA after about 4 hours