View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MDMA: The Hippyflip

phactor said:
Alright.... I'm not trying to argue but

hippie-flipping = Mushrooms+MDxx also known as in MX Missile, it is possible for a combo to have 2 different slang terms.

Candy-fipping = LSD + MDxx

I've never heard a slang term for LSD and Mushrooms togther... in fact, the one time I used them togther was nothing compared to a good candy flip so I don't think it would have a "universal" slang term. And as for "hippies" not having MDA or MDMA, as soon as it was avalible (in the 80's when it was legal) it was around lots. Ask anyone who toured with the Dead in the 80's/90's.

Ummm...yeah. My first roll was at a Dead show in Philly in 1987. And yes hippieflipping is mushrooms and ecstacy. My preferrence is a half hour of rolling followed by an eighth of mushrooms. Great body rushes and neon things.;)

Hippy Flip Dosage timeing.

I know the topics been coverd to death. But Im planning on hippy flipping what order would you suggest and at what times do you suggest I do them?

I think

0:00: 3.5 grams of mushrooms

1:00: 1st Pill of MDMA

2:00: 2nd pill of MDMA

That seems like a lot if you've never done this before (I'm just assuming cos your asking such a basic question). The first time I did it I did 1.7 grams of potent mushrooms and 1 good pill of E. The experiance was insane and for the first time doing it I'm glad I didn't take any more of anything.

What I did in terms of timing was I took the mushrooms (which kick in for me at about 45 minutes) first (on a fairly empty stomach). As soon as we felt the come-up induced anxiety we took the pills which usually kick in with us at about 35/40 minutes. They synergized perfectly as they peaked together simultaniously. It was probably the best experiance of my life.

I would just be careful about how much you plan on taking cos they potentiate each other insanely.

That sounds good. I hippie flipped once which was my first time tripping in YEARS and my first time rolling EVER. It was the greatest feeling/experience of my life... truely better than sex.

However, I made the mistake of taking both drugs at the same time.

Coming down from a roll while you are still tripping very hard is NOT PLEASANT. Since rolls roughly last 4 hours and trips roughly last 6 hours, your timing looks about perfect.

The first time I candy flipped I thought I bought 2 hits of acid. Turns out I got 4 instead. So I wouldn't worry about taking 3.5 gs of shrooms. The timing is good, you want the roll to be over while you are still tripping. Kinda works better with acid cause it's longer and you don't crash so fucking bad.

skiforlife said:
Coming down from a roll while you are still tripping very hard is NOT PLEASANT.
Why do you say that? I actually like to still be tripping while coming off rolling. If I am not tripping anymore I just eat some more shrooms and/or acid while coming down. Its a lot smoother for me because all I can do is laugh off the come down.

For Aphex Ecstasy your plan sounds fun&fine, but I barely start with 1/8th shrooms. I would eat like 1.5+ maybe 2 grams then wait until I start tripping and take the first pill. Once hippy flipping I honestly don't need to eat another pill for about 2-3.5 hours after the first. Through out the night I only need like 2-3 pills, and 3.5-4 grams of shrooms. Once you try it you will realize you don't need to start off with that much shrooms (unless your bigger, maybe).

Candy flipping I start with 1-2 hits and proceed like I would if I were hippy flipping.

Have a great time because flipping is the best!

i like 200 pounds soo an 8th of mushrooms doesnt kill me. I should take the second roll 2 hours later...

Yeah, hippy-flipping can be way intense, most of my friends only take about your amount of shrooms, but just one roll, unless they really need it.

When I hippy flipped it really was a flipping style trip (is that why its called that?) I would go from rolling->tripping back to rolling then tripping, etc.

very cool

anyways, i took 1.75 of potent shrooms and 1 good pill and went to a powow %)

From people's responses to this and other topics covering hippy flipping, it seems like Psilocybin + MDxx is more intense and/or euphoric than LSD + MDxx. Is this, generally (as brain chemistry amongst us all is bound to vary) true? Not to hijack the thread, just thought that I would ask since your question has basically been answered already.

I have candyflipped and nexus flipped but never hippyflipped, but will be doing so within the next week. So I'm interested in knowing.

Peace.

IME:

0:00 consume desired dose of mushrooms (imo take 3.5 gs)

1:00 consume desired dose of MDMA (imo take 80mg)

3:00 consume desired dose of MDMA (imo take 80mg)

this is all assuming the user is experienced with both drugs, and has properly preloaded/plans to postload, and is quite knowledgeable of both drugs, especially in the case of contraindications with other medications.

PsyGhost, not only does that sound like an amazing experience you had, but you actually got to see something tribal...! I wish I could...I still want to have a party on an indian reservation, at night, in the woods on some psychedelics...

hippie-flip timing

I am planning my first hippie flip for tomorrow night. I am taking three grams of homegrown cubes with two rolls. What is the best timing for maximum experience.

Eat the mushrooms then 30 minutes later eat a roll then 2 hours into the trip eat the other roll. It's going to be one of the best nights of your life :).

Thats the plan. Mind you one roll doesn't usually do it for me. I usually start with two and maybe go for one or two more. You still think only two split up will be good?

Have fun. I think hippie-flipping is better than candy-flipping unless you have enough rolls to sustain the entire trip. This timing seems to work out a bit better. Last time I candy-flipped I ended up coming down from the pill while still tripping face. This led to one tired and confused individual ;).

As for how many rolls to do, I would probably recommend starting at just one. The urge to do more is probably there, but ecstacy+tripping=you soaring. Just watch out for those nasty comedowns.

White said:
Eat the mushrooms then 30 minutes later eat a roll then 2 hours into the trip eat the other roll. It's going to be one of the best nights of your life :).

yah i think that's an uneccesarily large amount. my first time hippy flipping i took 1.7 grams of strong mushrooms and as soon as i felt the comeup i took 1 good roll. OUT OF CONTROL!

Last edited: