PDA

View Full Version : Xanax vs Temazepam

Pages : [1] 2

jspun
16-09-2009, 03:40
Which produces a better high or more reinforcement in your expert opinions, xanax or temazepam or which do you benzo conoisseurs prefer more if given a choice between the two?

Captain.Heroin
16-09-2009, 03:43
OD -> BDD

This type of "drug v drug" isn't the type of thread we need in OD.

I haven't tried temazepam, but relatively here's how I would rate the benzos I've tried:

midazolam (iv)
flurazepam
alprazolam
lorazepam
diazepam
clonazepam (no positive effects for me - hence why it is last)

kokaino
16-09-2009, 06:32
Temazepam...hands down!

drug_mentor
16-09-2009, 16:09
I would have to say that temazepam is a better high than xanax but what you get out of a script in abuse potential xanax works out better.

I live in Australia and you can only get 10mg temazepams but 2mg xanax bars are available. A script for temazepam doesn't last too long.

burn out
16-09-2009, 17:32
xanax

phatass
16-09-2009, 22:31
temazepam... stronger hypnotic properties, and for some reason, more euphoric feeling

ScrewsephMcFadden
17-09-2009, 01:03
Xanax is evil. So.. temazepam

vicodelicious
17-09-2009, 21:12
Xanax is more of an anxiolytic benzodiazepine, meaning its better for reducing anxiety and the like, while temezepam is a hypnotic benzo, which means it's more for sedation and sleepy time.

gorgoroth
19-09-2009, 05:04
Temazepam by lightyears.

jackie jones
19-09-2009, 05:34
I have not much experience with Temazepam, only one script of 30, but I can say it is the only benzodiazepine that I could just chill, nod, giggle, and be amused enough to not get up and do anything stupid. It is comparable to Ketamine, in a way.

I was scripted Alprazolam for a year or so, and I used to crush every script up and put it into one of those bullet snuffers.... Blackouts. All I would have to remember many of such binges were pockets full of traffic tickets, new Beatles albums, and many mystery girls in my bed. Come to think of it, it was not all bad.....

I may have to speak with my doctor again. Mouahahahahaha!

lostsoul.On.E
19-09-2009, 06:52
ive never tried temazepam so xanax baby!

AfterGlow
19-09-2009, 12:51
most definitely Temazepam

paranoid android
20-09-2009, 03:12
Temazepam blows xanax and every other benzo ive tried out of the water. I hate xanax but i love temazepam. Temazepam is my fav benzo by far.

Oxyrisin2
20-09-2009, 22:06
Xanax!!=D

OntarioGuy
20-09-2009, 22:41
Temazepam.I have the 30 mg capsules.just took 2 of 'em =D

leiphos
21-09-2009, 02:04
Temazepam is my second favorite benzo (#1 is bromazepam). I've tried a lot of benzos and Xanax is pretty low on the list. Temazepam lasts longer than Xanax, zones me out more, helps me sleep better and produces more euphoria. No comparison, really.

isotopic_parody
21-09-2009, 02:08
I enjoy the temazepam high better, although it doesn't last very long for me... and requires more pills to get the job done...

so more often I use xanax... (also for it's availability)

shruuuuuuuuzzz
02-03-2010, 02:30
can somene please tell me how temezepam works? i have a 30mg. and I was gonna use it for a sleep aid tonight. does it work well as one? and how similiar is it compared to xanax?

Violenza666
02-03-2010, 02:58
I wanna try temazepam.. All this talk about it on here.. I dont use benzos recreationally but I am interested in this one.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
02-03-2010, 03:51
I personally prefer Temazepam. Its the only benzodiazepine that produces any sort of a "buzz" for me. Its great hypnotic qualities give me a feeling of pleasure. Xanax is nice for a quick fix of combating anxiety but I don't find it recreational without the combination of other drugs.

shruuuuuuuuzzz
02-03-2010, 09:04
can i take diphenhydramine a few hours after ive tooken 30mg temazepam?
Still cant fall asleep and no more other stuff. except xanax

so should i take 1mg of alprazolam
or 50 mg of diphenhydramine?

which would be better for me to fall asleep faster . please
withdrawls are hard rite now.... or which one is safe? or are they even safe at all?

monstanoodle
02-03-2010, 11:20
Yup yer fine to take some Diphen. Taking some Alprazolam will likely result in blackout citaayyyy, but if yer fine with that then that's also fine (fine fine fine).

disasterline
02-03-2010, 12:14
i get a script of kpins, so i have only done xanax maybe 20 times. they are about the same as my kpins at least imo.

for the past two months a person gave me their temazs and i must say, this is the best benzo hands down

debaser
02-03-2010, 14:48
I tried temaz once but I had purchased so many different benzos this day that I can't really recall if it was better than the others (had purchased maybe 10 different benzos). I have some generic Xanax right now, so I can't really compare, but I have clonaz too and I prefer clonaz.
I'll try to find my contact and purchase some temaz, they're still yellow jellies here.

woamotive
02-03-2010, 15:40
Someone above asked if temazepam (30mg I believe) was good for using as a sleep aid. The answer is a definite yes. I had it prescribed (at 15mg) for a sleep aid in the past and loved it (30mg was much better). Temazepam DOES have an excellent buzz to it much different, in my opinion, than other benzos. For someone addicted to opiates, temazepam works best (more than xanax or other benzos) for calming the urge when opiates are out and benzos are the only option. The high is more euphoric and 'blurry/fuzzy' than other benzos.

Cyb
02-03-2010, 22:39
For someone addicted to opiates, temazepam works best (more than xanax or other benzos) for calming the urge when opiates are out and benzos are the only option. The high is more euphoric and 'blurry/fuzzy' than other benzos.

What she said. Read my mind.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
02-03-2010, 23:37
Someone above asked if temazepam (30mg I believe) was good for using as a sleep aid. The answer is a definite yes.

Well of course it is, thats what it is prescribed for. Its only prescribed for insomnia related problems, although it is an effective anxiolytic. Although I prefer Xanax when it comes to helping curb anxiety. Temazepam for a pleasurable night. I enjoy hypnotics.

For someone with a very high tolerance to benzodiazepines, 120mg does me very nice (4 of the 30mg capsules).

monstanoodle
02-03-2010, 23:44
I thankfully got 7x20mg Temazepams today in an effort to get more than a couple of hours sleep (which is all I've had in 4 days). I took 60mg earlier and only managed to get an hour or so :(
I think it was silly to take them in the afternoon but it took a lot of the Opiate withdrawals away and made things much easier.
They are very lush.. While I didn't get much sleep, it was really nice to lie there with a grin on my chops =D

Pegasus
02-03-2010, 23:49
The only thing holding back the hypnotic benzos from being used as anxiolytics is that little extra bit of sedation. If you are able to still function throughout the day on hypnotic benzos, then more power to you using them in this way.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
02-03-2010, 23:52
The only thing holding back the hypnotic benzos from being used as anxiolytics is that little extra bit of sedation. If you are able to still function throughout the day on hypnotic benzos, then more power to you using them in this way.

The hypnotics just have more direct action on the alpha1 sub-unit which results in more sedation then the anxiolytics. All the classic benzodiazepines initially have the same qualities.

kokaino
03-03-2010, 00:11
temazepam is a hypnotic primarily, but its next best use is actually as an anticonvulsant (as opposed to an anxiolytic, though it still an effective anxiolytic aswell).

it is one of the best anticonvulsants among the benzos.
it is a 3 hydroxy benzo, which typically are very powerful anticonvulsants (ie. temazepam, lorazepam, lormetazepam).

same goes for the nitro benzos, excellent anticonvulsants (clonazepam, nitrazepam, nimetazepam etc).

Sweet P
03-03-2010, 00:34
Temazepam, definitely.

I've tried alprazolam (Xanax) and frankly I don't get what all the hype is about.

STEROIDS4kids
03-03-2010, 04:06
I've been on and off benzos for about 8 years (the last 4 of them ON) and i have tried allmost every single one of them (at least) the ones that are available in europe and in my book XANAX is EASILY the best one. Hands down. Just goes to show you how differently people react to medications/drugs.

Faria
03-03-2010, 08:40
They say Temazepam (Restoril) has the highest rate of drug intoxication, including overdose, among common benzos:
http://mylanpills.freehostia.com/mylan-4010.htm
I think Xanax can be listed as a common benzo, can't it? Even Xanax is dangerous (addictive) and may cause severe withdrawal symptoms. If so, Temazepam has to be used with a greater caution than Xanax. IMO.

What was it?
16-03-2011, 15:29
Well of course it is, thats what it is prescribed for. Its only prescribed for insomnia related problems, although it is an effective anxiolytic. Although I prefer Xanax when it comes to helping curb anxiety. Temazepam for a pleasurable night. I enjoy hypnotics.

For someone with a very high tolerance to benzodiazepines, 120mg does me very nice (4 of the 30mg capsules).

120mgs.......faaaaark!!! 10-30 will do me fine thanks.

euphoricc
16-03-2011, 16:34
xanax is great short acting everyone is diff tho. i personally prefer klonopin it last long,i take 2 mg of xanax and 1 mg of klonopin.

Keif' Richards
16-03-2011, 21:08
alprazolam is a little more utilitarian. It can be sedating but nothing like temazepam, or say triazolam.

kokaino
16-03-2011, 21:22
Alprazolam has mediocre muscle relaxant properties, it has mediore sedative properties, and it has weak anticonvulsant properties. However, it's anxiolytic properties are extremely powerful. That's all that alprazolam is good for, anti-anxiety.

Temazepam has powerful sedative-hypnotic properties, strong muscle relaxant properties, strong anxiolytic properties, powerful anticonvulsant properties, and powerful amnesic properties.

Here are temazepam's indications and usages:

Temazepam is officially indicated for severe or debilitating insomnia and other severe or disabling sleep disorders. Temazepam is an hypnotic agent. The prescribing guidelines in the UK limit the prescribing of hypnotics to two-to-four weeks due to concerns of tolerance and dependence.[10] In sleep laboratory studies, temazepam significantly decreased the number of nightly awakenings[11] but has the drawback of distorting the normal sleep pattern.[12] The United States Air Force uses temazepam as one of the hypnotics approved as "no-go pills" to help aviators and special duty personnel sleep in support of mission readiness. "Ground tests" are required prior to authorization being issued to use the medication in an operational situation.[13]
In addition to treating insomnia, temazepam is also used as a pre-anaesthetic in surgery. A study conducted on adult women undergoing minor gynaecological surgery in a dose of 30 mg and compared to 10 mg of diazepam. The sedative effect of temazepam was found to be profoundly superior to that of diazepam, using both objective and subjective criteria for assessment. There was also a highly significant degree of patient acceptance of the drug. It is suggested that temazepam is a suitable drug for premedication for minor surgery.[14]
Temazepam is also a potent anticonvulsant and has been used to treat refractory epilepsies in the past. However, long term prophylactic treatment of epilepsy has considerable drawbacks. Most importantly the loss of antiepileptic effects due to tolerance which renders prolonged temazepam therapy ineffective. Temazepam also has the drawback of significant side effects such as heavy sedation, which is why benzodiazepines in general are only prescribed in the acute management of epilepsies. Temazepam has even been found to be more effective than clonazepam in treating a wide range of epileptic conditions, but long term therapy becomes ineffective with prolonged therapy and the side effects of hypotonia and strong, heavy sedation are troublesome with temazepam therapy, unlike with clonazepam therapy.[15]

kokaino
16-03-2011, 21:30
They say Temazepam (Restoril) has the highest rate of drug intoxication, including overdose, among common benzos:
http://mylanpills.freehostia.com/mylan-4010.htm
I think Xanax can be listed as a common benzo, can't it? Even Xanax is dangerous (addictive) and may cause severe withdrawal symptoms. If so, Temazepam has to be used with a greater caution than Xanax. IMO.

The study which concluded temazepam was the most toxic benzo, had alprazolam as one of the test benzos. BTW, it wasn't just one test - it was several in different countries spanning decades - all found that temazepam was the most rapidly absorbed, the fastest acting, and along with it's affinity to the receptors it was concluded that temazepam not only was the most toxic, but had the highest abuse potential.

DrugstoreCowboy83
16-03-2011, 21:34
Temazepam. I bet most of the people who vote for Xanax either haven't had temazepam or they haven't tried it enough! Not even a close call. I love xanax, too!

kokaino
16-03-2011, 21:54
Yes, many who say alprazolam I would bet that they haven't even tried temazepam once in their life, or they've had a one time thing with temazepam - it knocked them out and so they can't remember anything, lol. So they stick to their "xannies".

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
16-03-2011, 23:22
Yes, Temazepam has less affinity to the alpha2-3 subunits but much higher action at the alpha1 subunit. Along with its powerful hypnotic qualities it is a very good muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant. I think this is the reason I like Temazepam.

Dr Rxpert
17-03-2011, 22:16
I use to be prescribed 30mg temazepam and it didnt do a damn thing, wouldnt even help me sleep, Yes I used them plenty over a year, I'd take a xanax anyday. oh and btw I have taken large amounts of it but I have a huge benzo and opiate tolerance.

Escapedysphoria
17-03-2011, 22:21
Temazepam, by light years! Xanax doesn't do much for me recreationally unless mixed with other drugs.

Kindatired
18-03-2011, 00:50
Temazepam is the only benzo that actually works for me. It relaxes and makes me really sleepy. Xanax is good for acute panic attacks, I find if I take 4-6 mgs of it then it will kill my panic attack, but other than getting rid of it I don't even feel it in my system. The one time I took 10mgs just for the hell of it....I don't remember anything that happened. My girlfriend told me I was wandering around the apartment looking for something but I didn't know what I was actually looking for.

Four hours of looking for this "thing" and eating about another 10mgs of Xanax during that time I was in "limbo" I passed out and woke up 8 hours later. I didn't remember one single thing that happened 20 minutes after I took those first pills.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
18-03-2011, 01:21
Temazepam is the only benzodiazepine that will produce true euphoria, different than opiates. It is nicely intoxicating and blissfully relaxing. My muscles become really light and so do my eyes. I feel just right, no stress.

treesmin
18-03-2011, 09:17
temazepam blows xanax WAY out of the water. best benzo imo and the most euphoric

What was it?
20-03-2011, 02:39
Funny thing about Temazepam I've noticed is that it makes me feel really comfortable, patient, somehwat happy and euphoric the next day at work. Everything seems to be just ok and easy to accept. A day after Xanax or Valium I tend to feel a bit dull and clouded....can't say this of temmies....feel clearer and more productive...maybe I'm just more slammed and don't notice I am. Either way, despite temazepam having a reputation of being stronger than the other 2, I find it to have less side effects the day after. Anybody agree?

Oh and also....it does a better job of soothing psychological opioid withdrawals/cravings.

What was it?
20-03-2011, 02:45
What she said. Read my mind.

Totally agree-temazepam, it's just more profound somehow.....the main reason opioids are usually better (or more habit-forming) than benzos. Temmies share this profoundness to some degree.....leaves a bigger impression. Hard to describe though. Valium comes over as bland, and Xanax just somehow makes me heavy and slower. (not that I mind Xanax though) Valium is too long-half life....it's kind of like the bupe/methadone of benzos. Not ideal for chippers.

Anything that's too short (codeine) half-life sucks and anything that's too long hl sucks. (done/bupe/valium)

janem
20-03-2011, 03:20
Has anyone ever tried snorting or iving them? just wonderin i am getting ready to go cold turkey off of 60 mg of morphine sulfate a day
any suggestions for me. ii am taking restoril 15 mg at nite. But i am still going to be really sick from wds. Any ideas or where i could obtain some from a relieable souce on internet. email me at <snip> thanmk=== Can restorials be iv'd?

Do not use BL for sourcing. Thats not what we are here for, and its a term you agreed to when you signed up. Please read the BLUA (Bluelight user agreement) which can be found in the big green box following you around at the top of the screen. -fizzle