PDA

View Full Version : shake n bake meth

Pages : [1] 2

muttonchops
25-08-2009, 13:05
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32542373/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

any thoughts? really that easy or government scaremongering? dangerous?

fastandbulbous
25-08-2009, 15:24
I'm at a loss as to what the reaction would be for this method

Crankinit
25-08-2009, 15:28
Yeah this actually has me really curious. How would they seperate the meth from the byproducts? I can't imagine it'd be very high quality or anything you'd want to try smoke/IV.

CbRoXiDe
25-08-2009, 15:35
Is this true :??

Bearlove
25-08-2009, 15:36
Just looking at the ingredients should be enough to deter most people from - looking at the set of equipment the long tube looks like the filter and maybe what comes out is dried and used? Can see being able to drive and knock up a quick batch being possible though (as mentioned in the article)

3DayRun
25-08-2009, 15:38
Seperate it out like you would from the RP/I2 solution, I'm sure. You can shake and bake it while driving a car, sure, but you still need to be stationary to seperate your product.

knoxston
20-09-2009, 23:20
I can say this works. It is finsihed by filtering out the solvent from the leftovers and byproducts and washed with d H2O this will contain base meth. The solvent is then dried and gassed out or titrated to recvoer hcl form.

***mod edit****

Please don't use terms like SWIM, it offers no protection and is just plain annoying

jackie jones
20-09-2009, 23:49
I do not see why anyone would want to try methamphetamine. Just seeing the behavior of such people is enough to deter me permanently - that and the possibility of being burned (literally).

I mean sure, I will inject opiates from time to time, and try every psychedelic in the book.... why not? Perhaps even a few lines of cocaine on occasion. No meth though. No fucking way.

Esoterik
21-09-2009, 00:14
I find it hard to believe that meth is as bad as it's portrayed to be. I've got no experience at all, is it really that destructive?

knoxston
21-09-2009, 02:47
swim can say from experience that meth is much healthier in his opinion then coke. Also from expiernce meth has had less negative effects mentally then shrooms or x. Swim had bad trips on shrooms and x before nevr really bad on ice maybe just the occasional i think im having a heart attack or seeing shadow people when up for days. As far as all this crazy shit people talk about never anything close and swims used to sling ice and use all day everyday for months so take swims word. As far as people doing crazy shit and cooking in their car thats the person not the drug...It doesnt turn sane people insane or classy people that take of themselves and care about appearance and their children to act out and turn opposite just doesnt happen n less they let it Swim knows because he never quit taking care of himself or his kid.

fastandbulbous
21-09-2009, 08:29
^ Saying it's more healthy for ypou than coke is hardly a recommendation though - my experience with meth has left me with no desire to use it again

It doesnt turn sane people insane

It most certainly does

Slateroz
30-12-2009, 03:39
kkkkkkkkkkk

B9
30-12-2009, 03:44
It doesn't turn people insane :D - insanest quote of the day

Bet you your mental stability on that one being wrong ;)

bresker
30-12-2009, 03:47
It's very bad for a small minority of users who do it 24/7/365; most people I knew could handle it and lead normal lives, just another weekend party drug. Was fiendish beyond belief for me when smoked though. It was insatiable.

It is perhaps my favourite substance.

I don't know why anyone would want to waste money on opiates, so each to their own.

You do see some scary sights around the streets of western Melbourne from people on binges. Shirtless, crazy men fighting in car parks.

bresker
30-12-2009, 03:51
The darkest side of ice (http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/special_eds/20060320/)

Now this is enough to put anyone off it.

I've never seen anyone go this far.

Shambles
30-12-2009, 04:20
It is perhaps my favourite substance.

I don't know why anyone would want to waste money on opiates, so each to their own.

I like both. A lot. All dro0gz iz good dro0gz %)

You do see some scary sights around the streets of western Melbourne from people on binges. Shirtless, crazy men fighting in car parks.

You mean exactly like drunk men in every town in the land on a weekend? =D

bresker
30-12-2009, 05:01
Yes, except at 2.00pm on a Tuesday afternoon

MrM
23-01-2011, 21:24
swim can say from experience that meth is much healthier in his opinion then coke.

I've never seen anyone on coke refer to themselves as 'swim' before. That's a bit worrying - how long have you had this affliction and did it get worse after you tried meth?

xtcnation
23-01-2011, 21:53
Intresting, i wondor if its easy as they say it is to get it wrong and cause an explosion.

parttime crackhead
23-01-2011, 22:00
It is when you can't even spell wonder (or interesting).

Hahaha, sorry. Couldn't help myself.

xtcnation
23-01-2011, 22:05
Haha oh yeah, been smoking myself silly today %)

Like dead
24-01-2011, 15:07
It's a modified version of a birch reduction. It is dangerous and retarded considering the pressure and chemicals involved. The methamphetamine itself could probably be purified via an acid base extraction followed by an acetone and non polar solvent wash. If the purification is done correctly the product is probably high quality. If the reaction were done in a proper pressure vessel then it would probably be high yielding and rewarding, however this method is meant to make small quantities and requires little skill. This is not prpaganda (not only) and it probably does work but as I have previously mentioned, it is a very bad idea.

DR. Ganesha
25-01-2011, 00:40
^ Saying it's more healthy for ypou than coke is hardly a recommendation though - my experience with meth has left me with no desire to use it again

It most certainly does

ive never tryd it but from mine and close friends' experiences with amphetamines id reckon it fukin does over time!

rickolasnice
25-01-2011, 13:45
I do not see why anyone would want to try methamphetamine. Just seeing the behavior of such people is enough to deter me permanently - that and the possibility of being burned (literally).

I mean sure, I will inject opiates from time to time, and try every psychedelic in the book.... why not? Perhaps even a few lines of cocaine on occasion. No meth though. No fucking way.

Read a few too many news papers?

You forgetting that desoxyn (a medication for ADHD) is pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine?

It's all about responsible use. Drugs don't ruin people. People ruin people. Drugs don't just jump into your brain while you're not looking.

Know yourself. Know the drug. Be responsible.

Shambles
25-01-2011, 14:11
Whilst I agree with you there, Rickolas, I'm not too convinced with the Desoxyn comparison. Yes it is prescription meth but it's a 5mg oral pill not a shitload IV'd or vaped at regular intervals till you totally lose the plot ;)

Meth is stupidly demonised though - it's a bit of a beast for addiction and potential to fuck you over but anyone using it must be well aware of that fact before they start so has presumably decided it's worth it. All drugs can be used responsibly but there is no denying that some have a disproportionate rate of fuck-uppery.

parttime crackhead
25-01-2011, 14:32
It's all about responsible use. Drugs don't ruin people. People ruin people.

Guns don't kill people, rappers do.

True point though, if you can be responsible with the drug then it will be fine. You're not going to turn into some sort of drug crazed maniac because you take a little bit of meth.

rickolasnice
25-01-2011, 15:05
Whilst I agree with you there, Rickolas, I'm not too convinced with the Desoxyn comparison. Yes it is prescription meth but it's a 5mg oral pill not a shitload IV'd or vaped at regular intervals till you totally lose the plot ;)

Which only further backs up my point. If you IV a shit load of meth at regular intervals until you lose the plot you're obviously not using responsibly. The same can be said about anything from alcohol to water, heroin to paracetamol, amphetamine to caffeine.

Shambles
25-01-2011, 15:14
Obviously you wouldn't be using responsibly using like that but that was kinda my point - some drugs make it very easy to lose all perspective when you're using them. There is good reason why drugs like meth and crack have a reputation for fucking people over - they can be used responsibly but responsible use is rare and hard to achieve due to the nature of the effect. Dopamine ain't the "reward" chemical for nothing.

rickolasnice
25-01-2011, 17:06
Yeah fair enough Shambles it's just I don't believe comments like this:

Have much validity. Especially when there are thousands of people that use meth, keep their sanity, jobs and friends.. they're just 10000000times more unlikely to make the papers / start a thread about it / go into the NHS's statistics. Each to their own. Like i said if you are responsible then most if not all drugs are fine to use. If, however, you know you have an addictive personality then responsible use would probably transfer to don't use.

justin200567890
26-06-2011, 19:39
this method does work it is in no way as good as pure crystal obviously but i have made my own much better than alot of peoples annie dope i have done this method has been around for along time read the alchemists cookbook. its just that it hasnt been big or exposed untill now. i will never manufacture anhydros agian too dangerous and to much smell this method you can do in the back room of a house and not smell it in the front. Untill its time to smoke it off of course.

justin200567890
26-06-2011, 22:56
swim is slang for Someone Who Isnt Me he doesnt actually call himself swim haha but if he did yes that would be disturbing

StoneLove
27-06-2011, 02:19
While SWIM was used at TH we don't use it here at BL...

cornerstone
28-06-2011, 21:45
A one pot meth cook is not possible, also would be not $ viable. Any ex-hivers say different?

Psych82
29-06-2011, 06:51
I came across this discussion while trying to find out just how much information is really available online, and I'd like to add this. After witnessing the synthesis firsthand, and sampling the outcome, I can honestly say it works and yields a better quality than any Birch or RP/I2 I've ever had.

moisty
05-05-2012, 12:44
<crossing the line a bit there i am afraid, no discussion of the synth please :)>

Shambles
05-05-2012, 12:55
Well... chemistry bod I ain't... but given the regular stream of explodified rednecks I surmise that may well be the case. Or summat along distinctly similar lines if not specifically that. Shake, bake, boombangabang.

Incidentally, "Moisty" is one of my all-time fave words, dontcha know <3

effie
05-05-2012, 12:59
Alrighty no synthesis discussion please peeps :) even if it is just a mention, it's one of the rules we have to be really strict about I'm afraid.

PS welcome to EADD!

moisty
08-05-2012, 08:11
Terribly sorry, thought it was in the interest of harm reduction.

I'll be more mindful in future.

deko
08-05-2012, 10:21
I like Exploding pants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136304/Shake-bake-meth-lab-explodes-mans-pants-scuffle-state-trooper.html

But I also like Babies

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140702/South-Korea-customs-officials-thousands-pills-filled-powdered-human-baby-flesh.html

But which is better, there is only one way to find out....................................FIGHT....

Albion
08-05-2012, 10:23
That is disgusting.

OND43X
08-05-2012, 20:26
meth has a bad reputation for a reason. Its a drug which the novices in here (the BL'rs who are yet to try and/or those who have just dabbled once or twice on holiday etc) need to seriously believe about 99% of the negative propaganda surrounding meth.
It is dangerous (without even mentioning the mental and physical health issues) because its incredible how quickly a person can go from enjoying methamphetamine occasionally and recreationally on weekends, to using methamphetamine more frequently throughout the week, to finally feeling the need to use regularly, by this time the difficulty of going without meth is emmense. Anyone who thinks or believes it wont happen to them or that meth can be controlled is wrong, i myself used meth and didnt think it wojld happen to me but it did.
its hard to explain but ill try.... when meth has got you it feels more like your life is structured around 7days on repeat, which starts with the high days, then the low days where you regret using meth, and then the recovery days, where the regret has been pushed aside with the thoughts of 'one more time'.
my HONEST two cents worth from my ACTUAL experience with meth for you guys

Treacle
18-05-2012, 03:03
Yeah, that's your experience. Many would say the same about opiates. Believing PROPAGANDA is not believing facts. Have you tried heroin, or other opiates? Are YOU immune? Everyone is different, and there are fuck-loads of recreational users of meth. Sorry for being so naive, though. Also, it's spelt 'immense'. Just couldn't help myself.

SproutOnSmack
18-05-2012, 19:53
Meth can be used fairly responsibly; my father was an addict for 12 years and we led a happy life, then he quit and began drinking, that's when his life fell apart. $0.02.

OND43X
19-05-2012, 15:43
Treacle -
But what i wrote was not propaganda but do i agree with you that there is alot of bullshit propaganda out there on meth just like there is with all drugs, i would believe that most BL's could tell the difference from some government crap to users thoughts though. No i have not tried heroin, i do understand that there are many recreational meth users, thats how they all start, meth though has the ability to turn many of them into addictions very fast., here in australia doctors and physcologists view methamphetamine addiction worse than heroin addiction, because there is no current medication and cos the success rate in australia and the USA is lower for meth, but i would not know personally as i have never been addicted to heroin. The downward spiral to Meth addiction is not as noticeable cos theres no real stages, it goes from recreational to then craving it and it can take afew months to a year or two. Crystal meth is the one that is by far the worst.
how many recreational meth users do you actually know?? I agree with you that some people can use meth without crashing into addiction but its far less then those who do. I only can think of two people who have not had some issue with methamphetamine but i can think of many people who have had an issue with it and about 4 or 5 people who's lifes have been ruined by it, thats why i wrote the post above because i think some people in this site after reading & hearing all the bullshit the gov/media have said about meth, now view all infomation as 'propaganda'. There seems a growing attitude towards acceptance to meth in EU drug discussions. I hope my honest thoughts on my experience using meth and living in a citycountry/ heavily affected by it can make people respect this dangerous drug more. SproutOnSmack -
mate im sorry to hear thag about your father. What country did he have his meth addiction/usage? It seems like 12 years on meth in the uk would be difficult. I was thinking that because of the less availability of methamphetamine in the UK compared to here in sydney, a person using meth there would be less likely to develop an addiction to the drug, and mire users could keep using meth 'safely' or recreationally then here were the drug can be easily and quickly scourced.

OND43X
19-05-2012, 17:09
back to the question the shake and bake method is very dangerous but if it does not explode on you i believe it would create a form of meth that would be either unsmokable or when smoked it would burn alot and leave dark residue on pipe, to me thats not crystal meth or ice as its known here...
firstly this system covers only the inital reaction (and badly at that), theres still more processes that take time and more equipment and ingredients (which defeats the purpose of doing it this way).
the shake and bake method would be too acidic and its melting-burning points would be too close.for the mixture to be even half decent, it would need converting to free base and carefully extracting, then adding toluene and checking/adjusting ph levels. After all that then its ready for which ever crystalisation process is chosen, the easiest using hydrogen bubbles.again another tie consuming process 'fiddling around using a bottle with a hose' to do this.
for all the risks involved, the methamphetamine i can only see the shake n bake method producing (thats if it doesnt blow up or poision you) would be highly impure, that would still contain chemicals from the reaction process that are poisonous/cancerous, and it would not vapourise properly leaving dark residue when smoked. It doesnt xeem worth it to me...
has anyone actually tried SnB meth? If so did it still smell alot and did it leave alot of dark residue when smoked??
here's a little information about the evolution of methylamphetamine production. Cooks in australia have successfully used white phosphorus to produce crystal meth/ice. Originally crystal methylamphetamine could only be produced from dextro (d-methamphetamine) which requires pseudo. Large super labs now successfully produce high purity crystal meth/ice from racemic (dl-methamphetamine) which does not require pseudo (like the blue meth in breaking bad).previously cooks were unable to produce large enough crystals from the racemic form.

parttime crackhead
19-05-2012, 17:29
Aye no danger Heisenberg.

Is the blue meth (a la Breaking Bad) not made by using P2P? Someone in BB refers to it as "old school biker meth" as though that's how they used to cook it before they started using pseudo-ephedrine. I'm guessing this is a more complex/difficult synth route, hence all the "cooks" as oppose to "chemists" using pseudo. Or it may just be that pseudo is more available (eg in OTC flu medicine).

I don't know if the blue colour is fact-based or not but the rest of their "meth-cook" chat on BB seems to be fairly well researched, the blue thing might just be a little bit of poetic license though (guarantee there was some meth-cooks adding blue food colouring to their shit after watching that haha).

Dread calm
19-05-2012, 19:25
^ there was a big thing years ago in the uk where speed dealers were selling something called 'pink champagne' which was apparently methamphetamine synthed from red pseudo pills, the end product apparently still containing some of the red dye from the pseudo pills. Whether this was true or not i never found out but inevitably dealers started adding pink food colouring to normal crap amphetamine, it was SO frustrating!

parttime crackhead
19-05-2012, 19:56
Hahaha. I've had pink speed before. When I was about 14/15. It was just exactly what it said on the tin - speed but pink. It was just standard speed. Maybe once upon a time in a far off land there was real pink champagne which was meth but I doubt it. As far as I can tell it was always just food colouring, probably originally to distinguish a particularly good batch but then just copied by everyone else.

OND43X
20-05-2012, 02:14
parttime crackhead- yeh the 'blue meth' in BB was made using the p2p method, which produces dl-methamphetamine. In BB p2p method is called 'old school biker meth' cos it was the most common way the motorcycle gangs in the USA/Australia produced methamphetamine in the 70's-early 80's. It was called 'crank' in the USA and was snorted or injected This was before crystal meth.
. The blue colour meth it produces in BB is really just to help with the plot (to better capture the take over of the market). Any colour/smell with the crystal meth/ice means that it still contains impurities, i suppose 'maybe' some dealers could add a dye to their ice to give it a blue or red colour, but it would be very uncommon because clearer rocks have a better first impression than slightly coloured rocks. its rare to come across crystal meth that is anything but clear or slightly frosted.
. If the 'blue' crystal meth in BB (which was around 99% pure) was true it would look alot different to the show. the crystals would be clear in colour and and shaped like large rocks rather than long thin shards. I have had ice that was called champagne, it was a clear colour but when held against a light the crystals had a light pink colour throughout.

Shambles
20-05-2012, 02:30
"Pink Champagne" remains a mystery to me. Was sold at a premium and was definitely a fuckload stronger than the standard sulphate powder prevalent at the time. More like "base" (in terms of strength) that was just beginning to establish a foothold at the time I last had owt sold as that (early 90s). Did remind me (in hindsight) of meth more than standard speed... but clearly wasn't. I suspect it may've been rather impure meth... or very good speed with food colouring... Pretty sure it's just a "brand name" now and has been for quite some time. Rather like "base" itself in that sense - was once worth a wank but long since become total toss.