European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

shake n bake meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
meth has a bad reputation for a reason. Its a drug which the novices in here (the BL'rs who are yet to try and/or those who have just dabbled once or twice on holiday etc) need to seriously believe about 99% of the negative propaganda surrounding meth.​
It is dangerous (without even mentioning the mental and physical health issues) because its incredible how quickly a person can go from enjoying methamphetamine occasionally and recreationally on weekends, to using methamphetamine more frequently throughout the week, to finally feeling the need to use regularly, by this time the difficulty of going without meth is emmense. Anyone who thinks or believes it wont happen to them or that meth can be controlled is wrong, i myself used meth and didnt think it wojld happen to me but it did.​
its hard to explain but ill try.... when meth has got you it feels more like your life is structured around 7days on repeat, which starts with the high days, then the low days where you regret using meth, and then the recovery days, where the regret has been pushed aside with the thoughts of 'one more time'.​
my HONEST two cents worth from my ACTUAL experience with meth for you guys​

Last edited:
Yeah, that's your experience. Many would say the same about opiates. Believing PROPAGANDA is not believing facts. Have you tried heroin, or other opiates? Are YOU immune? Everyone is different, and there are fuck-loads of recreational users of meth. Sorry for being so naive, though. Also, it's spelt 'immense'. Just couldn't help myself.

Meth can be used fairly responsibly; my father was an addict for 12 years and we led a happy life, then he quit and began drinking, that's when his life fell apart. $0.02.

Treacle -
But what i wrote was not propaganda but do i agree with you that there is alot of bullshit propaganda out there on meth just like there is with all drugs, i would believe that most BL's could tell the difference from some government crap to users thoughts though. No i have not tried heroin, i do understand that there are many recreational meth users, thats how they all start, meth though has the ability to turn many of them into addictions very fast., here in australia doctors and physcologists view methamphetamine addiction worse than heroin addiction, because there is no current medication and cos the success rate in australia and the USA is lower for meth, but i would not know personally as i have never been addicted to heroin. The downward spiral to Meth addiction is not as noticeable cos theres no real stages, it goes from recreational to then craving it and it can take afew months to a year or two. Crystal meth is the one that is by far the worst.​
how many recreational meth users do you actually know?? I agree with you that some people can use meth without crashing into addiction but its far less then those who do. I only can think of two people who have not had some issue with methamphetamine but i can think of many people who have had an issue with it and about 4 or 5 people who's lifes have been ruined by it, thats why i wrote the post above because i think some people in this site after reading & hearing all the bullshit the gov/media have said about meth, now view all infomation as 'propaganda'. There seems a growing attitude towards acceptance to meth in EU drug discussions. I hope my honest thoughts on my experience using meth and living in a citycountry/ heavily affected by it can make people respect this dangerous drug more.​
SproutOnSmack -
mate im sorry to hear thag about your father. What country did he have his meth addiction/usage? It seems like 12 years on meth in the uk would be difficult. I was thinking that because of the less availability of methamphetamine in the UK compared to here in sydney, a person using meth there would be less likely to develop an addiction to the drug, and mire users could keep using meth 'safely' or recreationally then here were the drug can be easily and quickly scourced.​

back to the question the shake and bake method is very dangerous but if it does not explode on you i believe it would create a form of meth that would be either unsmokable or when smoked it would burn alot and leave dark residue on pipe, to me thats not crystal meth or ice as its known here...
firstly this system covers only the inital reaction (and badly at that), theres still more processes that take time and more equipment and ingredients (which defeats the purpose of doing it this way).​
the shake and bake method would be too acidic and its melting-burning points would be too close.for the mixture to be even half decent, it would need converting to free base and carefully extracting, then adding toluene and checking/adjusting ph levels. After all that then its ready for which ever crystalisation process is chosen, the easiest using hydrogen bubbles.again another tie consuming process 'fiddling around using a bottle with a hose' to do this.​
for all the risks involved, the methamphetamine i can only see the shake n bake method producing (thats if it doesnt blow up or poision you) would be highly impure, that would still contain chemicals from the reaction process that are poisonous/cancerous, and it would not vapourise properly leaving dark residue when smoked. It doesnt xeem worth it to me...​
has anyone actually tried SnB meth? If so did it still smell alot and did it leave alot of dark residue when smoked??​
here's a little information about the evolution of methylamphetamine production. Cooks in australia have successfully used white phosphorus to produce crystal meth/ice. Originally crystal methylamphetamine could only be produced from dextro (d-methamphetamine) which requires pseudo. Large super labs now successfully produce high purity crystal meth/ice from racemic (dl-methamphetamine) which does not require pseudo (like the blue meth in breaking bad).previously cooks were unable to produce large enough crystals from the racemic form.​

Aye no danger Heisenberg.

Is the blue meth (a la Breaking Bad) not made by using P2P? Someone in BB refers to it as "old school biker meth" as though that's how they used to cook it before they started using pseudo-ephedrine. I'm guessing this is a more complex/difficult synth route, hence all the "cooks" as oppose to "chemists" using pseudo. Or it may just be that pseudo is more available (eg in OTC flu medicine).

I don't know if the blue colour is fact-based or not but the rest of their "meth-cook" chat on BB seems to be fairly well researched, the blue thing might just be a little bit of poetic license though (guarantee there was some meth-cooks adding blue food colouring to their shit after watching that haha).

^ there was a big thing years ago in the uk where speed dealers were selling something called 'pink champagne' which was apparently methamphetamine synthed from red pseudo pills, the end product apparently still containing some of the red dye from the pseudo pills. Whether this was true or not i never found out but inevitably dealers started adding pink food colouring to normal crap amphetamine, it was SO frustrating!

Hahaha. I've had pink speed before. When I was about 14/15. It was just exactly what it said on the tin - speed but pink. It was just standard speed. Maybe once upon a time in a far off land there was real pink champagne which was meth but I doubt it. As far as I can tell it was always just food colouring, probably originally to distinguish a particularly good batch but then just copied by everyone else.

parttime crackhead-​
yeh the 'blue meth' in BB was made using the p2p method, which produces dl-methamphetamine. In BB p2p method is called 'old school biker meth' cos it was the most common way the motorcycle gangs in the USA/Australia produced methamphetamine in the 70's-early 80's. It was called 'crank' in the USA and was snorted or injected This was before crystal meth.
.​
The blue colour meth it produces in BB is really just to help with the plot (to better capture the take over of the market). Any colour/smell with the crystal meth/ice means that it still contains impurities, i suppose 'maybe' some dealers could add a dye to their ice to give it a blue or red colour, but it would be very uncommon because clearer rocks have a better first impression than slightly coloured rocks. its rare to come across crystal meth that is anything but clear or slightly frosted.
.​
If the 'blue' crystal meth in BB (which was around 99% pure) was true it would look alot different to the show. the crystals would be clear in colour and and shaped like large rocks rather than long thin shards. I have had ice that was called champagne, it was a clear colour but when held against a light the crystals had a light pink colour throughout.

Last edited:
"Pink Champagne" remains a mystery to me. Was sold at a premium and was definitely a fuckload stronger than the standard sulphate powder prevalent at the time. More like "base" (in terms of strength) that was just beginning to establish a foothold at the time I last had owt sold as that (early 90s). Did remind me (in hindsight) of meth more than standard speed... but clearly wasn't. I suspect it may've been rather impure meth... or very good speed with food colouring... Pretty sure it's just a "brand name" now and has been for quite some time. Rather like "base" itself in that sense - was once worth a wank but long since become total toss.

A mate of mine sold pink champagne, as amphetamine and coke. At fifteen quid a gramme, a lot were dubious. He was a bullshitter, however. The last time I had pink speed, it was really cheap and strong. Not seen anything like it in years.

shambles here in sydney we had something that sounds similar.before ice really 'took off' in the mid-late 00's, a more impure form of d-meth hcl was the most common, and was/is called 'base. 'Base' because it is the base product that is bought then cut by dealers (usually glucose) and then sold as 'speed'.
.​
now this 'base' could come in a variety of colours mainly because dealers would add food colouring, but there was one type that was dark red in colour due to how it was cooked and it was always heaps stronger than other batches of base. this particular form of base was known as 'ox blood'.'

In related news, Bull's Blood also gets ya fucked...

egri-bikaver-bulls-blood-of-eger-2004.png

... and is from the same part of the world as an ex of mine so I got quite fond of it and was given to recollecting given the above...

That aside, the Pink Champagne I recall was always a pale(ish) pink(ish) colour and crystalline in form. Cost £20/g when belting quality sulphate was half the price or less. This was at precisely the time that I got to know me pet phet chemist so I actually only had the pink stuff once or twice cos I suddenly had access to his personal meth production (tried to sell it at £20/g but had all of around three takers - even those getting free samples never came back for more cos it was "too strong" 8)) and the first batches of "base" paste I ever came across - also sold at £20/g but with a higher return customer rate than meth ever did. All these things had speed in so would be unfamiliar to most of y'all kiddies ;)

parttime crackhead-​
yeh the 'blue meth' in BB was made using the p2p method, which produces dl-methamphetamine. In BB p2p method is called 'old school biker meth' cos it was the most common way the motorcycle gangs in the USA/Australia produced methamphetamine in the 70's-early 80's. It was called 'crank' in the USA and was snorted or injected This was before crystal meth.

Well, it was before crystal meth was called crystal meth. But it was still crystal meth. There's not actually a drug called "Crystal-Methamphetamine", it's just methamphetamine. I'm sure you know this though, as you clearly know more about meth than me, and I'm just being pedantic.

I always thought the blue ice in BB was just a plot tool but was never sure. Cheers for clearing that up. Got to admit, it looks sexy as fuck when it's in the one big sheet before they smash it up. Looks like sugary goodness haha.

I think the real deal pink champagne was very strong base, i came across it a couple of times and it wasn't a fulln pink colour, rather an off white greyish base that had a very slight pink tinge to it when you held it up to the light. Was strong as Fuck though!

Methamphetamine is probably the best stimulant I've ever taken. It has all the good points of the popular stimulants in the UK and not too many downsides other than the fiending... oh and negative health aspects. I'll be honest I'm all for legalization but I'm fucking glad it isn't more available here. It'd ruin me it's just too good.

OND43X

um u seem like u were tweakin when u typed tht 2 page reply!!!! you just rambled on n on! so go do some more n come back n holla at us!!! LMAO

It was on the new in usa somewhere about people adding blue die to meth, copying breaking bad =D

Status
Not open for further replies.