Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 25.8.09 - 'Herbal highs' to be banned in Britain

kingpin007

Bluelighter
'Herbal highs' to be banned in Britain

From correspondents in London | August 25, 2009

THE British Government is to ban "herbal high" smoking mixtures by the end of the year on the recommendation of its official drugs advisors, Home Secretary Alan Johnson said today.

The ban will cover man-made chemicals sprayed on herbal products such as "Spice", which offer users a similar sensation to cannabis, as well as the club drug GBL, a solvent commonly sold as paint stripper.

The move will be accompanied by a government health campaign timed to coincide with university Freshers' weeks warning of the danger of the substances, particularly when mixed with alcohol.

The Government's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) said earlier this month that products coated with synthetic cannabinoids were dangerous and had been found to cause paranoia and panic attacks.

"There is a perception that many of the so-called legal highs are harmless," said Mr Johnson.

"However, in some cases people can be ingesting dangerous industrial fluids or smoking chemicals that can be even more harmful than cannabis."

The chemicals will be controlled as Class B drugs, the same category as cannabis, with possession punishable with up to five years in prison.

Also barred will be club drug GBL (Gamma-Butyrolactone) and amphetamine alternative BZP (Benzylpiperazine), which will both be classified as Class C drugs that can bring two years' jail for possession.

Chemical solvent GBL can be particularly dangerous when taken with alcohol and other depressants, the ACMD says.

Charity DrugScope said its members working in drug treatment centres had reported an increase in the number of people experiencing problems with GBL.

Earlier this year 21-year-old student Hester Stewart died in Brighton after taking the solvent. Her mother had campaigned for GBL to be banned.

BZP can produce a rush of energy, agitation, vomiting and headaches.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25978137-12335,00.html

Only a matter of time, I'm surprised they didn't throw some of the more popular RC's in there (methylone, mephedrone) as well.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for a black market for GHB/GBL to pop up in the UK now it's going to be illegal.

By the looks of the thread over there, there are HEAPS of people addicted so I'm sure it won't take long.

Feel sorry for them, if we had access to that stuff and it got taken away, I'd be pretty pissed.

Well I am glad that BZP has been classified. I think the fact that it is legal in many places is a contributing factor in it being sold as MDMA.

That's very true.

Look at the guy that got 4 months for the mcpp pills, he got 4 months.

Who's to say he hadn't already made a large amount of cash, 4 months in jail could be worth it.

I think piperazine pills are going to be a problem until pipes are banned in Canada.

PLEASE NOTE: SPICE BUD is extremely potent. Start by using a small amount to assess tolerance. Can be combined with other smoking herbs but beware of its ability to dramatically enhance the effect of Cannabis, Opiates, Sedatives and other well known medicinal herbs sold on the internet.

INGREDIENTS:

Baybean, Blue Lotus, Lion's Tail, Lousewort, Indian Warrior, Dwarf Skullcap, Maconha Brava, Pink Lotus, Marshmallow, Rose, Siberian Motherwort, Damiana, Natural flavoring cherry.vanilla, berry blast.

WARNING: Do not combine with narcotics or any kind of prescription medication e.g. serotonin re-uptake inhibitors. Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not use if you have any pre - existing health problems without first consulting a Doctor. Do not use if you are driving or operating machinery. We make no health claims & can take no responsibility for the consequences of its use.

That should put most people off smoking that stuff.... :\

I think piperazine pills are going to be a problem until pipes are banned in Canada.

Ah damnit.

I read here somewhere that pipes are also still legal in China. I bet a whole heap is produced there if thats the case. Hopefully other countries will follow suit on the pipes shit.

Ah damnit.

I read here somewhere that pipes are also still legal in China. I bet a whole heap is produced there if thats the case. Hopefully other countries will follow suit on the pipes shit.

China is the main source of all BZP, TFMPP and McPP .... thats where most NZ legal party pills/supplements got theirs from to make there products as far as I am aware ...
to tell the truth the right combination of BZP and TFMPP in the early days treated me ok ... and a few other I know as well ... it all depends on your makeup and what you combine it with ... hydration is the key to that wee combo ...

Whats the secret to avoiding feeling like ur gonna die after u comedown? Its the most nastiest substance ive done. I feel shit from speed too but man piperazines made me lie in bed for 2 days like i had the worst flu. Whats the point of being so high if u spew the whole time n feel shit? Might as well drink petrol, that would prob get u high n make u feel liek shit or prob die lol

Whats the secret to avoiding feeling like ur gonna die after u comedown? Its the most nastiest substance ive done. I feel shit from speed too but man piperazines made me lie in bed for 2 days like i had the worst flu. Whats the point of being so high if u spew the whole time n feel shit? Might as well drink petrol, that would prob get u high n make u feel liek shit or prob die lol

Know your dose ... know your combo ... respect your limits ...know which pipe you are taking and enjoy as a drug unto itself rather then trying to elicit responses from it that you would expect to garner using another drug altogether.
It is peculiar to me that piperazines (and legals in general) are used to try and mimic another drug altogether... if you want to feel a certain way from any drug or substance get that substance ... enjoy each substance for the quality it brings inherently unique to it ... you don't smoke tobacco to get stoned do you?

U dont take drugs to make u feel sick and shit do u? :) The high is awesome dont get me wrong. Its just what happens afterwards.

U dont take drugs to make u feel sick and shit do u? :) The high is awesome dont get me wrong. Its just what happens afterwards.

It can be a harsh comedown agreed ... but to tell the truth the worst comedowns I get are from our friend little old Alcohol..
.make sure you have a good amount of vitamins in your system and I also found that tyrosine taken with the dose also eased many of the negative effects and enhanced the effects and when on the comedown some strong anti-oxidents such as alpha lapoic acid, vitamin C, 5HTP and a good multi-vitamin... combined with the right amount of hydrating water and some good spoons of honey will keep many of the inherent negative effects to a minimum ...
but there is no way to not feel like some sort of average when you haven't slept in 48hours no matter what you have taken ....

I found that the negative effects started coming on around the middle of the peak or just before it ended. I tried drinkin heaps of water, took vitamins. It was pretty bad lol I heard some people dont get that bad comedown but all the people ive spoken to get them including me. Even with small doses. All i can say that im glad i tried it and i actually loved the high but i wouldnt do it again now i found out what happens after. Just not worth it.

K... if you want to feel a certain way from any drug or substance get that substance ...

Exactly. Which is why I look forward to pipes fucking off out of ecstasy pills. The sooner they are made illegal in China et al, the sooner they'll start to become less common adulterants.

Exactly. Which is why I look forward to pipes fucking off out of ecstasy pills. The sooner they are made illegal in China et al, the sooner they'll start to become less common adulterants.

If you believe that making a substance illegal (when it is so cheap to produce) will reduce the substance's prevalence in pills passed off as MDMA you are dreaming ... And I don't believe that it will be made illegal to produce in china in a hurry anyway...this article is about Britain not china ... China is the great hope IMO in getting bulk amounts of any Illegal substances or precursors for supply to Australia produced now and in the future

Last edited: