PDA

View Full Version : Kratom First Time Help

w01fg4ng
20-08-2009, 22:19
I am about to go pick up some Kratom (first time user here). I would rather not spend time making tea out it, so is it safe to just eat it whole (crushed and soaked of course) or maybe sub lingual or chewed? What is the quickest method here and is there anything I should avoid while on it?

Any quick tips would be greatly appreciated.

Lost and Confused
20-08-2009, 22:26
I think you will find that the taste is not something you will want to try sublingually. Its fine to just eat it...I usually try to get it down ASAP as I find it tastes gross as hell.

Fresco
20-08-2009, 23:00
I did a bit of research and capping Kratom into capsules is the best way to go.
Making a tea can lessen the high.

See here: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&as_q=Kratom++capsules&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

Most health food stores sell empty capsules.
Or you can buy vitamins or amino acids that come in capsules, empty them out and put the Kratom in its place

cocacrazy
20-08-2009, 23:19
Capsules are alright but you can just eat it straight up. tastes like dirt though

Fresco
21-08-2009, 00:53
I also been told not all Kratom sold is equal.
Some brands suck while others are very good. If you try one brand and arent getting much out of it switch to another brand. Keep trying brands till you find one thats good and then stick with it

w01fg4ng
21-08-2009, 00:58
Lost and Confused: You are right. Sublingual is out the question with Kratom.

Fresco: I think about getting clean capsules too, or just use water mix to drink.

cocacrazy: yep. like eatable dirt.

Anyone know if a grain alcohol extraction would work on these?

The Krats are chill......thank you
%)

hilnap
21-08-2009, 01:34
i did 10 grams ( tea )

1 hour later and nothing ....

hilnap
21-08-2009, 01:35
It was "Super Indo" from ebay

Fresco
21-08-2009, 02:27
Research Into Use of Kratom In Treatment of Opiate Addictions and Withdrawal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratom#Research_Into_Use_of_Kratom_In_Treatment_of _Opiate_Addictions_and_Withdrawal

Kratom is currently being researched for its potential use in the treatment of addiction to, and withdrawal from, opiates. While this has been a well known "street" remedy for a long time, its efficacy has recently been taken more seriously as a possible treatment for issues surrounding opiate abuse. However, the concurrent risks are not well known. Early research seems to indicate that the alkaloids in Kratom affect the same areas and receptors of the brain as many opiate based compounds, and are effective in replacing opiates during withdrawal. Research continues into these potentially useful alkaloids.[1][2][3]

w01fg4ng
21-08-2009, 02:53
kids, don't try this at home.

hilnap: sounds like tea is the NOT the way to go with Kratum, I mean 10g and nothing? Worthless. This stuff isn't cheap.

Fresco: This is a very interesting find (THANK YOU). I should have mentioned that I did have a very low dose of poppy straw (5g) right before I dosed the very low dose of Kratum (1g) and with moderate opiate tolerance.

All I have to say is wow. just holy fucking awesome wow. I'm gonna keep the rest of my Kratum for when my tolerance goes back down (hopefully I can make it a week at least!) and see how much it affects me without this 'magical' blend I stumbled upon.

Fresco
21-08-2009, 02:56
I'm gonna use Kratom for getting me off the codeine. The first week of codeine withdrawal is the hardest, so if I take Kratom every day for 1 week I wont feel withdrawal and hopefully 1 week wont cause too much Kratom withdrawal either

cocamatic
21-08-2009, 20:29
Lots of cinnamon and a tiny amount of stevia work wonders when trying to make something with kratom. Add extracts to the leaf or take a blend(leaf plus extracts or whatever the vendor thinks of)... If you have tolerance plain leaf won't do much. I have discovered the easiest way to take kratom... Put a banana in a blender with a small amount of milk or yogurt(or water), add the kratom, cinnamon, stevia, a teaspoon or so of brown sugar, and a small pinch of some kava extract (makes it kinda numbing which is cool) then blend it up and consume fresh. Sometimes I don't have time so I'll make it less thick and blend it until it's watery and just drink it all at once. I can never taste the kratom when I make it like this.

Fresco
21-08-2009, 22:18
My Kratom came in the mail today, I just popped about 500 mg of the 20X extract.
I took it in liquid and it actually numbs your mouth and gums a little

Fresco
21-08-2009, 22:34
The 500 mg Kratom hit me but it feels like a mild caffeine buzz.
Probably not enough so I took another 1 gram

Fresco
21-08-2009, 23:04
The additional 1 gram hit me, its a very mild buzz. Nothing special

Tomorrow I'm gonna try regular non-extract powder. Probably start at 5 grams or so

Fresco
21-08-2009, 23:37
I said fuck it so I took another 5 grams of the non-extract powder just now.

Will post back in 30 minutes when it hits me

Fresco
21-08-2009, 23:58
The 5 grams of non-extract Kratom has just hit me, very nice mellow buzz.
Almost exactly like codeine, but a bit speedier and generally different in a way thats hard to describe.

Pretty good though, I like it

Fresco
22-08-2009, 00:27
I didnt like the 15X extract at all. But the plain powder works beautifully.
The stuff I got is called 'Golden Indo Kratom Powder', you can google it.

I took 5 grams, dissolved it into hot water, added some koolaid to mask the taste and bingo, I'm feeling groovy.

I'm gonna try adding it to vodka and see if my stomach will absorb that even better

Fresco
22-08-2009, 01:34
The Kratom doesnt taste nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
It has a green tea type taste.

Also its best to take it on empty stomach, it tends to cause mild nausea if taken with food

Fresco
22-08-2009, 14:39
If you wanna sleep around midnight I suggest you take a dose no later than 6PM.
It takes 6 hours for it to get out of your system.

Once you do sleep its good and refreshing

w01fg4ng
22-08-2009, 16:33
fresco: I agree, the powder is the best, but it looks like are there are variants out their, not sure how much they vary. Also agree it doesn't taste bad, all I need is water to chase mine down with, where as something like poppies.....ugh I shutter to think sometimes.....although Kratom does seem to want to mix with other things to 'heighten' other affects...i dunno yet really.

thanks for the tip on when to dose when trying to sleep. great information here for first time users. Thanks a bunch...
=D

phatass
23-08-2009, 21:57
you can buy empty capsules at most pharmacies (here at least) try that maybe...

w01fg4ng
24-08-2009, 00:21
^portable, easy to dose and even store. i am liking this idea a lot phatass. will give it the old college try.

Heroin Girl
24-08-2009, 01:04
If you're going to make tea, add lemon juice/citric acid to the water - you'll get a much stronger effect. Alcohol extractions work better, though.

I think consuming the powder is the best way to go, though. Some sites sell them in caps, and since I can't stand the taste, I definitely prefer this method.

There's a lot of info on the opiophile forums about prep and reputable sources, so I'd recommend checking there.

ZzZzZ
25-08-2009, 02:41
i usually toss around 7 grams in a water bottle and chug it fast, get it over with. I've tried thicker liquids to mix it with, but it just makes it harder to get down. I love the stimulating buzz Kratom gives me + a little snorted oxy at the peak and a bowl or two and I'm set.

w01fg4ng
26-08-2009, 03:15
When taking Kratom (eaten or brewed), while having slight to moderate opiate withdrawals, the Kratom relieves the withdrawals. It seems that the Kratom high itself plateaus rather quickly but stays on strong. I think it is a very nice alternative to a lot of other drugs out there really...

I bought out my local connect and am making an extract out of some the Kratum powder and I am about to try this smoke/vapor form of Kratom. If successful, I can simply then add the concentrate to the capsule, for potency and logistical reasons as well as try a pinch in the pipe.

Heroin Girl
26-08-2009, 05:58
I bought out my local connect and am making an extract out of some the Kratum powder and I am about to try this smoke/vapor form of Kratom. If successful, I can simply then add the concentrate to the capsule, for potency and logistical reasons as well as try a pinch in the pipe.
Er, I wouldn't try smoking the kratom. I've ever done it, but all the reports say it's inactive and tastes nasty. I do the same thing with capsules though, and it works really well. :)

Fresco
26-08-2009, 16:56
Er, I wouldn't try smoking the kratom. I've ever done it, but all the reports say it's inactive and tastes nasty. I do the same thing with capsules though, and it works really well. :)
I agree, there's no reason to smoke the stuff when you can just swallow it.
You'd have to smoke quite a bit to get high I reckon

Thats doing things the hard way IMO, no need for that

w01fg4ng
27-08-2009, 05:49
First of all thank you guys for your advice and opinions. I did not end up smoking any of the extract, in fact I don't know if I am ever going to do it again, or any drugs for that matter.

I did something stupid yesterday and ate about 50g of Kratom, thinking I will get higher off of it somehow. Ended up sleeping for ever, and now that I am awake and walking again and able to eat, I have no craving for ANY drugs whatsoever. This is coming from a CURRENT moderate addiction to morphine, alcohol, xanax and codeine and heavy addiction to cannabis. The thought of any drug is very unpleasant to me right now.

Maybe it's temporary. Maybe I just got sick from OD on Kratom and hate everything right now. Or maybe it's a rehabilitation method like that Ibogaine stuff.

Anyone take this much Kratom at once before?

Fresco
27-08-2009, 15:58
First of all thank you guys for your advice and opinions. I did not end up smoking any of the extract, in fact I don't know if I am ever going to do it again, or any drugs for that matter.

I did something stupid yesterday and ate about 50g of Kratom, thinking I will get higher off of it somehow. Ended up sleeping for ever, and now that I am awake and walking again and able to eat, I have no craving for ANY drugs whatsoever. This is coming from a CURRENT moderate addiction to morphine, alcohol, xanax and codeine and heavy addiction to cannabis. The thought of any drug is very unpleasant to me right now.

Maybe it's temporary. Maybe I just got sick from OD on Kratom and hate everything right now. Or maybe it's a rehabilitation method like that Ibogaine stuff.

Anyone take this much Kratom at once before?
Because its a herb its probably hard to OD, but still quite possible.

Reason why you dont crave drugs right now is because Kratom is an opiate itself and probably blocking your receptors. Its a herb to keep in mind when easing withdrawal symptoms when coming off opiates

Metaphysikz
07-09-2009, 22:43
I have never had a successful kratom experience :( I always seem to to have a higher tolerance to just about anything

txern41
25-03-2010, 19:11
concering kratom usage, i have not found any info on plugging kratom caps. not gay, but it seems like it would be an interesting experiment. plugging-different substances is mentioned many, many times on this and other forums. any opinions

weekend addiction
25-03-2010, 19:54
concering kratom usage, i have not found any info on plugging kratom caps. not gay, but it seems like it would be an interesting experiment. plugging-different substances is mentioned many, many times on this and other forums. any opinions

I would not do this because its bad for your asshole and it may irritate your digestive track.

drminaq
25-03-2010, 23:00
I have found that when I swallowed aprrox of 5 grams of the powder 15 x kratom extract powdered. I felt nothing. I week later i made a strong brew of tea (method in the search engine and had a wonderful experience with 3 grams of a boiled brew. it was extremely bitter which is apparently what you strive for in a kratom tea prep.

txern41
26-03-2010, 00:12
can anyone give feedback on how to potentiate krat caps with grapefruit juice? usually, they say 45 mins before oral ingestion. but caps take time to digest. what do you think? before, same time or after? many thanks

nolys
23-06-2010, 00:36
could kratom 25x extract be put into a skin and bombed (parachuted i think)?
like 800mg in 2 bombs?

Depressicaa
23-06-2010, 01:33
could kratom 25x extract be put into a skin and bombed (parachuted i think)?
like 800mg in 2 bombs?

Not worth it IMO. Mines broke and that's too low of a dose for me. I don't mind the taste, its just like sandy tea.

Just put some water in your mouth dump the kratom in there, and flush it with more water. My favorite way.?

I think its better if you capsulate them though. Its worth buying them for other things as well (baking soda, etc)

weekend addiction
23-06-2010, 03:56
I don't know if you bought from a headshop but if you did you were probably ripped off. Internet is the way to go.

I get excellent effects from the tea using plain bali leaf. This one reminds me of vicodin quite a lot.... If you don't get effects from tea, you didn't do it right.

Here's a good tea recipe that I have created based on others recipe and personal experience. You can always scale it back and just drink an individual dose if you don't have a freezer.

This is a recipe for 8 doses. Assuming you have average bali kratom.

Stir 50 grams kratom in 2 gallons of water and 2 cups of lemon juice. This is around 1\2 a cup or so of my powder. Let sit 30 minutes. Slowly bring to a vigorous boil. Boil it on HOT! Stir every 15-20 minutes and avoid letting the kratom powder stick to the sides. When your left with a couple quarts strain all powder out. Simmer down to a quart of liquid. Freeze solution. 4 ounces = 6.25 grams of kratom or one dose. 4 ounces is exactly half a cup. You must thaw the mixture COMPLETELY and shake for 20 seconds before pouring out your dose.

Add half a cup liquid extract to 1\4 cup of water. Add lots of gatorade powder and sugar. Let mixture get to room temp, stir 20 seconds, and drink with chaser. Its not too bad because you don't get powder stuck on your throat. In the freezer the kratom tea should last 3 weeks and maybe longer. Don't use this stuff more than 4 days in a row. Also don't try a high dose until you have experimented with the dose I recommended.