View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

🍄 Gardening 🍄 [Peyote Subthread] Cultivation

hedtwin

Bluelighter
Anyone got any info on growing peyote cactus? Anybody who has done it got any information on the best way to do it.
Thanks.

It takes at the very least TEN years for Peyote to start developing mescaline. I think more realistic time estimates would be more like 15-20 years, though.
So even if you could obtain the seeds or a tiny cactus, you're going to need this other tool called "patience". And it has to be a very big patience, if you know what I'm saying.
You should really look into other mescaline-bearing cactii.
If you really were determined to grow a Peyote, however, it's simple if you can avoid the simple mistakes. One of the biggest mistakes people make with cactii is using tiny pots. They only slow the growth. The other mistake people make is assuming that cactii only need to be watered once every few months. They *can* survive that way, but they don't grow. Water your cactus once a week.
So let's go over what you do:
1) buy a pot that looks a bit bigger than you'll need. I'd go with something with a six inch opening at the top.
2) get the best soil you can. The better the soil, the more nutrients. The more nutrients, the faster the growth.
3) get some plant food sticks to put in the soil.
4) plant the cactus.
5) water once a week.
6) rotate the pot 180 degrees every two weeks or your cactus will grow deformed.
7) by the time you've completed 8 years of college, are married and you've had your second kid, your cactus should be ready to eat. of course you probably won't care anymore, but hey, you were so cool for growing this thing! Fuck, wait a few more years and give it to your kids when they get into high school!
These instructions can be applied to any type of cactus, minus #7.
Additionally, you'll have better luck using bottled water. I never water my plants with chlorine-contaminated tap water. Spring water will do. Mineral water is a good treat. And club soda will make any plant grow at an accelerated rate because of the carbonation. But I've never used club soda exclusively, so you may just want to use it as a monthly treat.
In previous threads, other people on this board have claimed that injecting a Peyote cactus with dopamine will increase mescaline production because it's a precursor. However it's only a theory that it would work. Simply giving the cactus dopamine doesn't mean it will neccessarily process it. Also, I think it'd be much more effective to mix dopamine in water then water your plants. It'd be distributed much more efficiently.
And you will also get more growth out of your cactus if you leave it outside during the summer, assuming it's not going to drop below 65 during the day and 50 at night.

You'd be better off growing San Pedro cactus. They have mescaline too.
------------------
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers ... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls...Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

I can see the appeal of growing peyote and tending to it over 15 or 20 years...the whole time caring for the plant, holding it with special regard...
All in anticipation of that sacred peyote trip it will one day provide for you...
Can you imagine waiting 20 years to experience the fruits of your labor?
The trip would be the most profound one of your life if you attached some significane to it...even if you didn't get any effects...
Seems to me if you spend 20 years of your life doing anything it's climax and resoltuion is going to be profound, much more so if you are filled to the gills with mescaline
smile.gif

Might be something to try...
------------------
"Rock and roll adolescents storm into the streets of all nations. They rush into the Louvre and throw acid in the Mona Lisa's face. They open zoo's, insane asslyums, prisons, burst water mains with air hammers, Chop the floor out of passanger plane lavatories, shoot out lighthouses, turn sewers into the water supply, administer injections with bicycle pumps. They shit on the floor of the United Nations and wipe thier ass with the treaties, pacts, alliances."

If you wannna grow a Mescaline containing cactus in max fold, a very easy and some what effective method is growing Trichocereus peruvianus for 1-2 years on the last 6months of growth before harvesting do a series of water depravation, methods, along with tryptamine injections, your mescaline content should sky rocket, a 12in Puruvian Torch that goes through this process will yield aroud eh lets see....12in of dried puruvian is about 100g or so, a rough estamite of Mescaline in Peruvians is around 300mg per 37g of dried cuttings, so if you have your cactus go through tryptamine injections your Cactus should be more potent then peyote it self, around 300mg of Mescaline per 20g of dried cuttings, think about that, if you grow say 5 plants in a 2 year stream each plant will have 5 tripps along to it, thats 25 mind blowing tripps. ITs worth the work, and worth the effort, mind I tell you Mescaline is one of the most Profound and beautiful psychedelics out there, Along with DMT, and 2ct7, its on my top 3 to try list.
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.
[This message has been edited by K9Unit (edited 27 November 2001).]

oh yeah, Dopamine injections or somewhat effective, in theory, but tryptamine injections really do seem to boost the Mescaline contenet of Cacti, oh and I thought that peyote took only up to 8years to mature....hmm Im gonna go read some erowid now to make sure, anyways Peruvian tourches are the best bet on legal ways to get mescaline.
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.

now to get me some of that triptomine...
i know we cant give sources but um is it commonly available?

tyramine
(catecholamines: phenethylamine, phenylanaine, tyrosine, tyramine, dopa, dopamine, epinephrine/adrenaline...)

Peyote ... hehe yeah 4 a peyote to be ready to use it has to be over 9-10 years old... Mescaline is nice but you should try growing San Pedro or theese new peyote which are crossed with San Pedro and grow up to 5 times quicker... And as for the way you should grow it go buy a grow kit and if you don't live in holland or don't have any smart shops in your area (dumb right?) buy a grow kit over the net... I'll even provide you a url http://www.de-sjamaan.nl/en/14000.html
enjoy hehe

wow, i didn't realise it took that long! i think i'll pass on growing the peyote then and just give san pedro again! Thanks for the help thought everyone
smile.gif

It is absolutely impossible to hybrid a Peyote and a San Pedro. Elementary genetics says the two organisms must at least be in the same genus for this to work, which San Pedro and Peyote certainly are not. They are as related to each other as humans are to lower primates.

www.peyote.com www.peyote.org
knekav's page
erowid
lycaeum
& plenty more somewhere in cybrespace, i'm sure, with links galore, yaddayadda/gnrmi
(oh yeah, and for some reason it seems to be pretty much illegal for most folks in the usa nd mexico... go figure...)

i believe you can graft them togethor, but im not sure.
heres a link to several grafted poyote buttons on
varius types of cacti. are there some san pedro up the back?Erowid
[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: vanpedro ]

growing peyote from seed

I have a few seeds and want to grow this sacred cactus. I understand that it takes decades for a peyote button to mature, and am not growing them with the sole intention of consumption (although, it would be a real treat). I want to grow them just to get in touch with this sacramental plant. i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on growing the peyote from seed, and if I plan on grafting it onto some San Pedro when would be a good time (after a year of planting?).

If anyone knows of any groups or online sources with good information about this stuff I would be very thankful if they could throw a few links my way (no sources of course). thanks.

You need the masterwork - Sacred Cacti by K. Trout which you can buy from his troutsnotes site.

I went straight to trout's notes, but they're all sold out. i may buy his cultivation book though.

anyways, i just read this somewhere: States which allow the bona fide religious use of Peyote to all persons are: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon.

anyone from any of these states have any experience with using peyote and their relationship with the law? it truly is a disaster that peyote is illegal for everyone, it has led to the near extinction of this incredible cactus.

Is this $10 booklet from trout sold out too?

The Cultivation & Propagation of Cacti A thorough discussion of raising cacti from seed with an emphasis on Lophophora

All persons? I thought it was just members of the native american church?

Visit Nan's Nook (google). There are a fair amount of peyote/san pedro/peruvianus culitivators there with good information.

Remember when you're sprouting that these little guys need a lot of warmth to grow. What you wanna do is get some sand, a shallow dish, a lamp, some saran wrap, a mister bottle, and a grow light. Spread the seeds about 2-3 inches apart on top of the sand and mist, then cover with the wrap, mist a few times a day, air out when you mist, and leave the lamp about 12 inches or so away depending on what wattage bulb you got. Turn on the light in the morning and off during evening time.

You should see sprouts within a week or so if all goes well. The warmer the environment the faster they'll sprout. Just keep a good balance between moisture, air, and heat and you should be fine. :)