• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Different Amphetamines

i didnt enjoy speed that much.
i didnt enjoy coke that much.
meth was the best. it still is.=]

Dextromethamphetamine (Desoxyn), unlike most all other stimulants, causes a significant release of serotonin, and is even more of a serotonin agonist than a dopamine agonist
that's not true.

d-meth releases a lot of dopamin, less norepinepherine and only little serotonin(still much more than d-amp)

Quite a large difference between different amphetamines. Esp if you are comparing things like MDMA and other amphetamine like/type substances and the recreational derivatives of cathine/cathinone. I personally liked cathine (d-norpseudoephedrine) the most out of this class of drugs (excluding MDMA.) Extremely euphoric but extremely hard on your body, faster heartbeat and more vasoconstriction than meth / speed (assumed racemic amp salt). Methcathinone is definitely not a favourite - I'd prefer almost any other ATS of the phenethylamine family (except maybe Ritalin). PMA was pretty hardcore, very enjoyable but not advised. Don't even think of doing something strenuous on that stuff. Similar to MDMA but more "punch", a sit on your ass high where all you can do is think about how good you feel... and how the hell one pill can get you so messed up.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see you wanted Rx meds. Obviously the above mentioned stuff for the most part aren't available on script (unfortunately!).

Obetrol was nothing like Adderall, it countained meth... Biphetamine (or black beauties) were more like Adderall, but still different (Biphet = 50/50 d-l amp and Adderall is more like 75/25 if I remember correctly)

EDIT.
Obetrol:
* 2.5mg methamphetamine saccharate
* 2.5mg methamphetamine hydrochloride
* 2.5mg (racemic dextro/levo-amphetamine) sulfate
* 2.5mg dextroamphetamine sulfate

(According to Wikipedia)

Its 78/22 for adderall ;)

I don't really like uppers but that 78/22 number unknown jumped out at me. Do you or anyone else know why it's such an uncommon ratio instead of say 75/25 or 80/20.

From a former speed freak:

Pharms:
Adderall: a racemic mixture of levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It can be potent and euphoric, but the l-amphetamine is responsible for the jitters, paranoia, anxiety and shit like that. The good: Will get you spun (for rec purposes), will get you "normal" (for medicinal purposes) The bad: The PNS stimulation from the levo sucks. Sometimes Adderall can be a rough ride.
Dexedrine / Vyvanse: contains dextroamphetamine only, the isomer responsible for most of the CNS stimulation, including the euphoria. Smoother than Adderall, and an excellent drug for rec / Rx.
Desoxyn (methamphetamine): don't let this drug fool you. A lot of people think this shit is gold, like a pure grade of the shit found on the streets (made in labs). The dosages are substantially lower so don't expect to get as spun as you would from street crank. As a medicine though, apparently it is the smoothest most effective stimulant, but it carries proven neurotoxicity.
Illicit Formulations:
Methamphetamine (street shit): although not the cleanest; when made right, this drug is great. And I stress WHEN MADE RIGHT, it can be smoked and vaporized cleanly, snorted, swallowed, injected...things you can't do with pharm speed. Highly addicting though, watch yourself, long term street meth abuse will turn you into the living dead. I've seen many tweakers fall prey to it (I myself got lucky, I still have all my teeth and never suffered any long term damage.) Hope this helps.

Adderall: a racemic mixture of levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

not racemic -- 2:1 ratio of dextro- to levo- isomers by weight.

The dosages are substantially lower so don't expect to get as spun as you would from street crank.

Milligram for milligram, they should be identical, given identical routes of administration.

ebola

Milligram for milligram, they should be identical, given identical routes of administration.

ebola

In an ideal world, but keep in mind that Desoxyn is optically-pure dextro-methamphetamine, while street meth (or "homebrew meth") is going to contain some levo-methamphetamine as well, although how much depends entirely on the batch. Theoretically, it could be as high as 50% of the weight of the final product, making the street meth all the less potent by weight, especially when factoring in cuts. I understand that this is not usually the case, just stating it as a possibility. I would assume street meth has a ration of d,-meth to l,-meth of 4:1 or greater.

In an ideal world, but keep in mind that Desoxyn is optically-pure dextro-methamphetamine, while street meth (or "homebrew meth") is going to contain some levo-methamphetamine as well, although how much depends entirely on the batch. Theoretically, it could be as high as 50% of the weight of the final product, making the street meth all the less potent by weight, especially when factoring in cuts. I understand that this is not usually the case, just stating it as a possibility. I would assume street meth has a ration of d,-meth to l,-meth of 4:1 or greater.

That's nice and all, but I don't necessarily believe you when you say most street meth has l-meth in it. I've seen plenty of DEA microgram bulletins of 99.9% to actual 100% (GC/MS) d-meth - kilos of it. I personally know people who only got clear shards most of the time they scored, and I'm pretty sure they were getting close to pure d-meth due to the way they described the experience.

There are also microgram bulletins where there's mostly (to almost completely) l-meth, so I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I guess it depends on the quality of the meth you get. I have an inkling ebola probably also sees mostly d-meth. I'm not a meth user (have only taken it once orally - through a roll which was a meth bomb) and I don't like stimulants. Also, meth is not very common where I come from at all. Everybody around here's all about the crack. :\

my german script for amphetamines (ADD)

nt4ehtw4brhe.jpg

I'm lucky that I'm old enough and did my speeding at a pretty young age, that almost all my experience with amphetamines have been with the pharmacuticals that were around at the time.

Dexedrine - French Kline and Smith (FKS) 5mg orange hearts (heart shaped tablets)
I went through 400 hits in about a couple months toward the end of my junior year in HS (helped me get throug algebra trig) All time favorite with a lid of shitty mexican (why waste good weed while speeding)

Very euphoric, easy to titrate due to the granularity of the doses. Not so bad of a crash, but lets face it if you haven't slept for 48 -60 hours your not going to feel great.

Dexedrine - FKS -Time Release Capsules - many colorful beads- which were coded for strengh but I can't remember the breakdown. Famously known as "Christmas Trees"

Not as easily titrated no big rush on the front end

Benzedrine - manufacturer? mg? - White Crosses- white tablet scored to break into 4 pie sections thus the slang name, aka Bennies

Not as smooth as dex, but still a decent speed. Many people are confused about them, because there were a lot of bunk white crosses made toward the end and even when they were no longer legally made, but the real ones weren't bad.

Bi-Amphetamine - Black Beauties - manufacturer? mgs? A 50/50 d/l combo in a big fat black capsule.
Felt similar Benzedrine, except the shit would keep you up for almost twenty four hours. Only had one experience.

Methedrine - Desoxyn - Abbott Labs - 5mg yellow tablet - aka yellow abbotts

Very smooth to a fault in my opinion, more cerebral then body. Lasts about 10 hours.

Last edited:
In an ideal world, but keep in mind that Desoxyn is optically-pure dextro-methamphetamine, while street meth (or "homebrew meth") is going to contain some levo-methamphetamine as well

Common syntheses that use pseudoephedrine or epherine as their precursor preserve the sterochemistry of the precursor, and OTC pharmaceutical pseudoephedrine and ephedrine preparations almost all contain a single stereoisomer. It also just so happens that OTC pseudoephedrine is the proper isomer to yield d-meth due to patent considerations (wikipedia).

So any l-meth on the streets is the result of some chemist having fucked up. Any clandestine preparations of mixed isomers would be someone trying to recoup the costs of a prior fuck-up without pissing off his customers completely.

Okay...so what types of impurities could explain differing 'feels' from different batches? Well, to the extent that unreacted ephedrine remains, it will make the product dirtier and jitterier. MSM is a completely inactive cut, so that one's out. And god only knows what makes it into mysterious pink powder. ;)

Now, other routes, such as those from P2P, could more plausibly yield racemic products, involve over-methylation into n,n-dimethylamphetamine, and so on.

I have an inkling ebola probably also sees mostly d-meth.

heh...I don't see meth these days. ;)

ebola

It makes me sad with the amount of misinformation going on in this thread when concerning methamphetamine.

First off, shards don't feel stronger because of unreacted impurities. I mean, really, what the fuck? How does this make any sense? What impurities? The red devill lye that people are allegedly smoking? Give me a break. This is just wrong.

Also, unless you are getting P2P dope then you aren't getting racemic meth. Today's cooks use pseudoephedrine which produces the D-isomer only. This is assuming either Birch reduction or Red, White, and Blue reduction. I am aware that producing the l-isomer is possible when using other methods, but this happens only in extremely rare cases.

The reason why Desoxyn is looked down on is that people take pathetic doses, because the theraputic index is so low. The pills are 5 milligram. Honestly, that's .005 weighed out. When is the last time anyone did .005 of shard and was satisfied? A carpet crawler will find more on a bad day than that.

Most people are not getting 100% pure product or even close. The vast majority is cut to shit and hovers (I'd wager) around 40% to 50%. The shit sucks, but even then, if you polish off a quarter gram (very easy to do in a night) you'll still have .125 of methamphetamine. Compare that to your .005 pill. I have a strange feeling that nobody here downed 25 pills at the same time.

It's common sense, folks, c'mon.

The reason why Desoxyn is looked down on is that people take pathetic doses, because the theraputic index is so low.

Actually, the therapeutic index is quite high, as fatal acute overdose is quite rare compared with other stimulants.

ebola

Actually, the therapeutic index is quite high, as fatal acute overdose is quite rare compared with other stimulants.

ebola

You're absolutely right. I used that that phrase incorrectly. What I meant to say was that therapeutic doses are quite low compared to recreational doses.

adderall isnt that euphoric to me. just makes me sweat a lot and feel the need to work and keep moving lol. fun shit though, especially when a 30mg is about 2.50 in the area.

In regards to those that say methamphetamine kicks amphetamine's chemical ass, remember that dexteromethamphetamine compared to dextroamphetamine and even racemic methamphetamine compared to racemic amphetamine will lead to extremely similar effects with differences being amphetamine is slightly weaker needing a slight dosage adjustment to be on par with the methamphetamine and methamphetamine is more neurotoxic than amphetamine, even methamphetamine at even therapeutic dosages can causes neurotoxic effects due to methamphetamines agonist affinity to 5-HT (serotonin) receptors in the CNS.

If one where to give, with dosages accordingly modified to compensate for the potency differences, amphetamine, benzamphetamine (basically an amphetanine prodrug because it's active metabolite amphetamine is the chemical largely responsible for the effects), or methamphetamine to very experienced users of amphetamines without telling what exact amphetamine compound it is, they would not be able to distinguish the effects produced from one amphetamine compared to the other two. Also, iit would not be possible for someone to be able to correctly label all three exactly the same looking amphetamine samples correctly based on what they are actually chemically.

I used to use Adderall (75% dextro and 25% levo isomers of amphetamine) recreationally for a little over a year, after a two month break I have been put on Vyvanse, the brand name for lisdexamfetamine. The name lisdexamfetamine is derived from the full chemical name of levolysine(lis)-dextroamp(f)hetamine, characters that are red have had their spelling changed and the new spelling in the between the ( )'s right next to the red text, now the full chemical name is made following my formatting and fist changing the red characters into their new spellings and then every letter is discarded except the characters in bold (the new spellings are bold), which are put into order from left to right to form lisdexamfetamine.

Lisdexamfetamine is an inactive prodrug of dextroamphetamine and is formed by attaching the molecule of levolysine (l-lysine) to the end of the dextroamphetamine molecule at the oppposite end from the benzene ring, making lisdexamfetamine inactive until it goes through first-pass metabolism (so it needs to be taken orally) in the GI to break some of the lisdexamfetamine into dextroamphetamine by having the body's enzymes fro the amino acid take the lysine molecule right off of the lisdexamfetamine. He is on it right now, it feels clean and long. Lisdexamfetamine being an inactive prodrug made with an amino acid means that is not efficiently metabolized into dextroamphetamine making a higher dosage of lisdexamfetamine to correlate with a lower dose of normal dextroamphetamne. And as said, lisdexamfetamine most be taken orally or else it is totally inactive.

Last edited:
If one where to give, with dosages accordingly modified to compensate for the potency differences, amphetamine, benzamphetamine (basically an amphetanine prodrug because it's active metabolite amphetamine is the chemical largely responsible for the effects), or methamphetamine to very experienced users of amphetamines without telling what exact amphetamine compound it is, they would not be able to distinguish the effects produced from one amphetamine compared to the other two. Also, iit would not be possible for someone to be able to correctly label all three exactly the same looking amphetamine samples correctly based on what they are actually chemically.

I never cared what kind of speed I got (pharmacutical wise), they always seemed to have pretty much the same effect, but I was never a speed freak per se, just did some thorough research;) when I was young and healthy.

I also have to add that I grew up with a retarted (yes I'm old school) brother, and they tried all kinds of psychoactive drugs on him to keep him from getting overexited. Well at one time he was taking Ritalin and I accidentally took a few. Now I will speak blasphemy - as far as I'm concerned it just felt like another speed. Go runs and hides.....................

Last edited: