Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

NEWS : 24.7.09 - PD: Ecstasy Pills Shaped Like Children's Vitamins

kingpin007

Bluelighter
PD: Ecstasy Pills Shaped Like Children's Vitamins

ecstasy.jpg

Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm US/Central

A warning is being issued for parents in The Colony. Police say they should beware of illegal drugs disguised as children's vitamins.

Since the first of the year The Colony Police Department has made more than 20 arrests involving the drug 'ecstasy'.

But officers say in recent months they have seized about 100 ecstasy pills that look like 'Transformer' action figures and Flintstones vitamins. "What concerns us about it is it's made to look innocent," explained Lt. Darren Brockway with The Colony Police Department.

Of course officials say the pills aren't really vitamins and weren't found in stores. Nearly all of the ecstasy pills in question were discovered in small plastic bags and not vitamin pill jars. Police say all of the pills were confiscated during drug investigations.

"I think it's horrible. They're targeting these young kids. It's not right," said parent Lori McGee. The North Texas mother said she's already had a very frank discussion with her 13-year-old daughter, Erin. "She said do not ever get any vitamins from anyone that you know or don't know," the teenager said of the instructions she received.

Now, law enforcement officers in The Colony are concerned that the pills could be circulating all across North Texans and could get into the hands of children.

"The child could become extremely sick," explained Lt. Darren Brockway with The Colony Police Department. "It could cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, nausea, dehydration, perfuse sweating and it could actually, in some cases, cause death."

If parents or young people run across any of the pills police recommend you take the tablets to the nearest police station where they can be quickly tested

http://cbs11tv.com/local/ecstasy.fake.vitamins.2.1100306.html

Considering children have little, if any, money, drug dealers typically aren't interested in targeting them. Yeah, even "evil" people generally have semi-rational motives behind their deeds.

It does make for classically great sensationalist news on a slow day though.

I'm guessing the manufacturer simply found the transformer shapes amusing or were trying to set their pills apart from the more typical presses. Probably both.

I don't see any evidence of Flintstones Vitamins knock off containing Pipes or MDxx's. And I have never seen a Transformers chewable vitamin in my life.

Just like the 'Strawberry Cocaine' and numerous bullshit stories before them. These products are targeted towards adults. They are not sold as vitamins and given to unsuspecting children. I'd love to see a stake out where undercover reporters in cities like Baltimore with large open air markets send 5-10 year old kids on a bike to make a dime bag buy of rock or dope. I'd be willing to bet not one dealer would make the sale.

Myths dating back to the 1930's about the trenchcoated pusher giving free samples of Heroin to school children to get them hooked on the playground.

Of course, at least one horrified parent is featured in the article. I wonder if she pesters her school age children everyday, "did anyone try to give you vitamins!?!?!?"

aren't these transformer shaped things just like BZP or something? its not MDMA is it?

^ No, they're all piperazines.

If parents or young people run across any of the pills police recommend you take the tablets to the nearest police station where they can be quickly tested

I like the sound of this. Does this mean we can just drop off E-pills at our local police station and they'll test them for us?

That would sure be nice of them. Ecstasydata is expensive as hell and doesn't give milligram numbers. In the DEA microgram they post contents and quantities in milligrams. If we could get our milligram test done for free by the cops that's be some great harm reduction.

Is that honestly what the article is saying we can do?

I'd be leary as hell about dropping off pills at the cop shop though. Hi, I'm John Smith, I found these on the sidewalk. :D

^You'd have to be an idiot to bring drugs to a police station. They will charge you with possession, no matter what your story is, there's no doubt about that. (At least in America.)

^ Hell yeah they would, they would probably charge you with posession and intent to distribute. especially if your like a young adult like most of us here.

And i think they meant they would 'dispose of the pills immediately' not actually test them the way you are thinking and then give you the results? makes no sense

I like the sound of this. Does this mean we can just drop off E-pills at our local police station and they'll test them for us?

That would sure be nice of them. Ecstasydata is expensive as hell and doesn't give milligram numbers. In the DEA microgram they post contents and quantities in milligrams. If we could get our milligram test done for free by the cops that's be some great harm reduction.

Is that honestly what the article is saying we can do?

I'd be leary as hell about dropping off pills at the cop shop though. Hi, I'm John Smith, I found these on the sidewalk. :D
The police are not in this for harm reduction just use reduction (or even stoption.) They are expecting to have people who dont know what it is and just want them to deal with it rather than who they found with it (like a parent/teacher confiscating it from a child.) Also so if someone is on it they could test it and than be sure of what they are dealing with rather than "ecstacy pill." Im pretty sure if a bunch of e-heads start walking into the station and dropping off pills they will start to know whats up..... Plus in the end you would lose your pill :( Dont be cheap lay off a pill te get a testing kit :D

Also think it's just rediculous what there saying.... I'm sure they thought that pressing it like that would make kids want eat it like a vitimin when thier mommies & daddies left it laying around the house. Not that they needed a way to identify what they made from the otheres. Really now...

Oh I know the ridiculousness of bringing pills to a police station. That sentence in that article struck a nerve in me though because it basically saYs "If you find these take them tot he cops for testing"!

I have a testing kit already, I'm not trying to be cheap but I like to have measured doses. If I know my pill contained 80mg of MDMA I would know I would have to take 1.5 of them to get 120mg.

Being able to get a milligram number is what I'm after and I realize the cops are probably not going to give it to me, that sentence in the article just kind of blew me away a little. ;)

I've had blue transformer that looked just like that, it was a really detailed press

ohhh those are power pills. I did some from Montreal and they were the BOMB! pure MDMA..no fucking gay meth.