PDA

View Full Version : Smile thread? Smile thread. Smile thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Klue
28-08-2009, 10:36
Smile because:

1) I am looking forward to drinking lots and socializing myself in town tonight.

2) Just got a text from C0TBusty and they are excited to be coming over tomorrow.

3) I am eating a Party Pie

:D

Edit: Wait, I wasn't smiling at the same time as eating the party pie, that would be gross :D

up all night
28-08-2009, 12:03
I've been tossing up whether to go see the Handsome Furs or not for weeks until I realised that my friend's band is supporting them. It made spending the money justifiable. So I messaged to congratulate him on scoring such an awesome gig and he put me on the door. LOVE! Can't wait.

eggman
28-08-2009, 16:21
Just found out that Neil Hamburger is performing at the NoFX/Bad Religion gig at the end of next month.

For you sad fuckers that don't know... he is the business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnoj-3mIlVw

lostpunk5545
28-08-2009, 16:25
Wicked, does that mean you're going?

But that's my life!

ch0psy
29-08-2009, 08:37
after drinking for the last 10 years and going bright pink close to instantly, i have now actually found out why...

and it is because i have Asian in me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction

this is what i look like at the moment when im drunk :!:!:!

and now, im going to have a zantec an hour before i drink... so then im going to look like this ;):D;)

fortehlulz
29-08-2009, 08:48
Biltong (Seth Efrican beef jerky, not too dry, rather moist cuts) can turn even the most shitful veggie stir fry served at a mates place the other day by his veggie Mrs. into an excellent meal.

joannie_mhm
29-08-2009, 19:36
boyfriend's best friend's 30th.

fun.

sore feet and no boyfriend at home yet - depending on how these develop in the next 4 hours that may be a frown!

up all night
29-08-2009, 23:49
I just spent my night being impressed and overwhelmed by the awesomeness that is other people. Jeeeesus.

In typical UAN style though I couldn't possibly make a classy 6am exit. I had to leave my wallet on the patio and then have to wake up my best friend to borrow 20 bucks for the taxi.

All we want baby, is everything.

Klue
30-08-2009, 03:10
^ All I want, is UAN to rub sunscreen on my back when I go to the beach :)

joannie_mhm
30-08-2009, 05:45
All I want is to think of something witty to write on uan's bathroom mirror. I stood there for like 10 minutes pondering and got nuthin' :(

IXinX
30-08-2009, 06:50
Weekend of epic warehouse partying. The first one in alexandria was so good and i totalled myself so much that i couldn't make my friend's 30th which was in chippendale

lil angel15
31-08-2009, 11:37
Saw Avenue Q on Saturday night... spent the whole time laughing! :D

Was lots of fun :D

raverchik
31-08-2009, 12:36
Smiles = DAY OFF tomorrow, in which im going to do nothing much at all!!!!!!!

up all night
02-09-2009, 13:16
- postcard from Prague
- beautiful and inspiring email from my friend's Dad
- putting The Doors and Cream on the iPod I bought Dad and seeing how excited he got about it. Like a kid.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
03-09-2009, 01:28
Dropping the boy off at work this morning meant we had an extra thirty-odd-minutes of Shayden time. So good, even when spent in the car in traffic. :)
I made an epic shopping trip last night and procured 6 pairs of knickers and two singlets for $33. PLUS aforementioned items were covered by giftcards from online survey sites. Whoo! 8o%)
Massage this afternoon for free I did a perfume swap with a girl in Canberra and ended up with the very very rare Olive Branch (http://lush.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9729) perfume. ZOMG I smell incredible. I'm floating away on a Sicilian mandarin juice and bergamot dream right now.
I have only a few weeks of school left before a [i]well earned break. Plus I've almost completed my major major major assignment. Kitchens are a bitch to design, but mine is almost done. And it's looking amazing. Will post pictures in the Art thread on S/O once I'm done! :D

joannie_mhm
03-09-2009, 05:39
Ahhhh the good old days of still wanting to spend extra time together ;)

I'm smiling because my lunch looks like vomit and tastes like awesome =D

Jimity
04-09-2009, 19:00
Finally home from work, and tomorrow is going to be a mixture of sangria, tapas and naughty behaviour. :)

eggman
04-09-2009, 20:03
Wicked, does that mean you're going?

But that's my life!

For sure mate, I thought we covered that but anyways, yeah

Also going to the Hamburger side show too. I'm either going to the Manning bar or over to the pub show in Balmain, not 100% sure at this stage

lostpunk5545
05-09-2009, 04:35
If he's going to be at the Manning Bar I may go.

My smile is that there is nothing in life that can affect me this month when it is going to end in me seeing Bad Religion. It's Bad Religion month!

up all night
05-09-2009, 11:17
Sydney was amazing (again) today! Successful retail therapy + sunshine + lunch with friends = smiles.

Also, baby pandas are cute as shit.

lostpunk5545
06-09-2009, 01:46
Flogging Molly and cigarettes! Ah Flogging Molly!

After all music soothes even the savage beast.

rm2x
06-09-2009, 04:36
after drinking for the last 10 years and going bright pink close to instantly, i have now actually found out why...

and it is because i have Asian in me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction

this is what i look like at the moment when im drunk :!:!:!

and now, im going to have a zantec an hour before i drink... so then im going to look like this ;):D;)

stuff zantac, try this stuff... my asians mates swear by it and I never get hangovers anymore lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipokhmelin

NeverLose
06-09-2009, 05:09
^^ I always go red when drunk but I'm not Asian I'm Caucasian. I can verify Zantac does work however it does leave your whole digestive system feeling a little different for the following 24 or so hours.

Oh yeah my smile? Mrs NL is taking me and our 1 and a half year old out to the pub for a fathers day lunch. :)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
06-09-2009, 05:43
^Beautiful! :D

My smile was Busty's youngest randomly kissing me and telling me he loves me the other night. I can't help but melt when he does that.. my steely heart just glows. <3

Also I was smiling this morning at 5:30am when both of his kids woke me up and helped to make English muffins and a cup of tea to serve him in bed. He had three home-made cards and a big box of dark chocolates. Fathers Day is win!

Jimity
06-09-2009, 09:08
Finally home from work, and tomorrow is going to be a mixture of sangria, tapas and naughty behaviour. :)

Not a bad weekend. Managed to get out of it with a mild hangover and carpet burn. :-)

lady grey
06-09-2009, 09:17
I feel like i am the luckiest person in the world. The people that have come into my life over the last couple of years are just so precious i can't find words to explain, and at times like this to be know how much goodness and love i have around me just absolutely warms my heart. And nothing really beats getting though a break up than having a girls only cocktail party and dancing around the house belting out the classics until 5 in the morning!

Klue
06-09-2009, 11:36
Went to a family 1st Birthday Party at the best beach around here. A turn out of 70 or so family, friends and children was a pretty great turn out.

A dozen of us ended up at my place and we had a great night in the back yard drinking, socializing and gathering around the fire. My recycling wheely bin being half full of various glass bottles is proof that it was an awesome night :D

Plus ^ That part of the night was great because a good friend of mine from the US has had his parents in Australia for the last 2 days. First time they have been here, it was great to welcome them in style...

:)

Busty St Clare
06-09-2009, 12:26
Getting a sleep in this morning and coming out to the lounge seeing COTB wrapped in a doona and half comatose in front of the cartoons after doing the morning shift.

I then got whispered in my ear that someone wished yesterday was Fathers Day so They could have had the whole day with me instead of having to go home early. I also got sleeping Koala cuddles in front of the football during their afternoon sleep.

joannie_mhm
06-09-2009, 12:38
I'm a firm believer that sleeping with young children (yes yes, hardy har) takes years off your life. I always feel incredibly energised after waking up from a nap with my niece.

lahliveshere
07-09-2009, 09:19
Im sure Michael Jackson had some weird explanation similar for wanting to sleep with children and it sure as hell didnt help him.

lostpunk5545
08-09-2009, 14:26
Letter of commendation from Uni for getting a Distinction last semester. I'm sure it's standard fare but it was a smiley kind of thing to find in the letter box.

Jimity
09-09-2009, 07:20
Not getting kicked out of my house! Woo!

The landlord agreed to another 12 month lease, so I don't have to find a new rut to live in. :)

vanth
09-09-2009, 19:23
Ben & Jerry's ice cream is finally coming to Australia! I ate a bunch of it when I visited the U.S 8 or 9 years ago and have missed it ever since. Woo!!! :)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
10-09-2009, 02:01
Ooh sounds awesome! I'm all for new varieties of ice-cream and the Americans seem to have a good grasp of what makes a good flavour. :D

leecie
10-09-2009, 02:16
^^ Ben&Jerry's came into work a few weeks back and did a media sampling event for us. Was SO FREAKING GOOD. If you read my blog, I wrote about it on there.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
10-09-2009, 02:22
^Is that your blog on LJ?

baysieguy1
10-09-2009, 06:06
Not getting kicked out of my house! Woo!

The landlord agreed to another 12 month lease, so I don't have to find a new rut to live in. :)

Your a lucky man Jimity, I have moved 3 times in the last 18mths and I have one more to come in about 10mths. Mind you they will have to carry me out of that one in a box me thinks. Will be so happy when my house it built, yay!

ValeTudo
10-09-2009, 11:33
I got bail in less than 48 hours. and prison was awesome. & i think i have a mancrush on my barrister.

lostNfound
10-09-2009, 13:39
Nerd alert =D

I'm just getting into the Battlestar Galactica series, I've borrowed the set.

I thought it would be shit

It's more than radical.

Klue
10-09-2009, 13:46
^Star Trek TNG was my thing :P

Found some awesome wood for my fireplace today, smileyness.

Ohhhh, and I found some natural Davidson Plums in some nice Litteral Rainforest. Good to find and see a threatened plant doing pretty well. That definitely made me smile :)

lostNfound
10-09-2009, 13:48
I'm alternating between stargate and BG at the moment :D

Davidson plum > Blood plum?

Klue
10-09-2009, 13:58
One of the species of Davidsonia that grows around here is called pruriens .

It's this one...

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=davidsonia+pruriens&m=text

It's a small tree and rare and threatened, so a good find. I have been growing them for years, I have a tray of seedlings ready to prick out right now actually. They are being commercialized a lot more as a trendy bush food lately. They are very very sour (think Warheads) but make a great Jam or Sauce. I like them straight off the tree, I have a grove of them at Mum's that I did from seed that are well over head height and fruiting. Great plant.

:)

ch0psy
10-09-2009, 14:02
im saying this with extremely high hopes... but im hoping to get my laptop replaced for free... if all goes to plan

i need to send it back to HP again, due to overheating issues... it has mainly to do with the AMD chip in it...

But i have been talking to my supplier who we purchase all our stuff through at work, about getting this fixed up... he has done some asking around and got someone who can actually speak english and can look into this for me...

talked some shit that like... how do you expect a client to buy HP laptops in bulk when they his personal laptop wont work... blah blah yadda yadda

so i sit... holding my breath... hoping i get refund/replacement...

also, my jogging/running 2 days a week at lunch regime is doing wonders, im going a lot further without having to stop and walk to catch my breath!!!

also... today is the day i met my girlfriend a year ago... we didnt start going out officially for a few weeks... but is a special nonetheless <3

rm2x
11-09-2009, 00:37
Thanks to the govt grant, we're getting insulation installed today for free =D

AND I found an online store located in AU that sells switchblades and balisongs, going to buy myself some knives!
And a balisong beer bottle opener.

Sykik
11-09-2009, 01:54
^^ i'm extreamly happy after going out last night, then having a bit of a binge infront of PC till no.

I'm also excited that i am about 70% my own boss. So today is a sick day.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT
11-09-2009, 02:00
rm2x, we're looking at doing the same thing but haven't really looked into it yet. Which company have you gone through? Would you recommend them? Also is there a lot of paperwork involved? :)

lostpunk5545
11-09-2009, 04:26
Maladies are finally going to release their album!

lady grey
11-09-2009, 05:18
I got Meredith tickets!!!!!!

Klue
11-09-2009, 09:11
^ I got my ticket for this gig yesterday :D ...

http://www.hilltophoods.com.php5-3.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/still_standing_tour.jpg

lostpunk5545
11-09-2009, 09:28
I'm going to Coaster festival tomorrow. Besides The Bronx the lineup isn't terribly exciting to me but all my Central Coast friends will be there and a million and one other people I haven't seen for years.

ESKIMO JOE, BLISS N ESO, DOES IT OFFEND YOU, YEAH? (UK), BRITISH INDIA, GZA/GENIUS (WU TANG CLAN), THE BRONX, VAN SHE, GRAFTON PRIMARY, THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT (US), CHILDREN COLLIDE, THE FUMES, PEZ, GIN WIGMORE, AJAX, THE JOHN STEEL SINGERS,THE SCARE, SLOW DOWN HONEY, YACHT CLUB DJS