• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

5-10 Mg percocet

robbyrob

Bluelighter
I have been taking for about the last 2 months this dose because I had a car accident. After a while I started feeling less pain and more of a buzz.. I have also read here about addiction. How does one really classify addiction? I mean is it mean your addicted if u have to take them everyday? I don't have to take them but I enjoy it, let's not kid ourselfs!!

(Removed)
I can't imagine that 5-10 mg are that much...

Thanks guys...

I removed the second question, because comparing doses are against forum guidelines. (Unknown)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been taking for about the last 2 months this dose because I had a car accident. After a while I started feeling less pain and more of a buzz.. I have also read here about addiction. How does one really classify addiction? I mean is it mean your addicted if u have to take them everyday? I don't have to take them but I enjoy it, let's not kid ourselfs!!

Also as far as the dose how does it compare to what some of you peeps are doing?I can't imagine that 5-10 mg are that much...

Thanks guys...

5-10 mg's of Percocet a day is a BABY habit, i wouldn't worry about it too much honestly. I would definitely qualify it as addiction none the less though. You have to take it every single day, you are habituated to taking it everyday, etc. Even if the dosage is low it's still an addiction. Also if you have been taking them everyday for 2 months you probably have even grown a small physical addiction to them as well.

Honestly though detoxing cold turkey from 10mg of percocet (Oxycodone) every day will be a walk in the park to do. I wouldn't even worry about it. When I was prescribed percocet I was taking 60mg's a day as my prescribed dosage, and they even upped it a few times after that till I was at 100mg's a day. I was on that for 6+ months. Now I'm on Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) 24mg's a day. 6X 4mg's a day, & it's much more potent at a smaller dose than Oxycodone is in percocet's.

As you can see compared to most chronic pain patients your dosage of percocet is very small & not something I'd even worry about. You shouldn't have a problem quitting that addiciton/habit if you really need to. It's a slippery slope though and be careful if you "like the buzz" your getting off of them now even if you don't need the pain relief as much. That's how everyone starts and who doesn't know that opiates DO feel good. That's what they do. I genuinely need my medication for pain relief but I still do LIKE the way my Dilaudid makes me feel. I've been through the works as a chronic pain patient to pretty much taking every strong opiate before deciding what worked for me.

Without even realizing it, in the search of pain relief we all at some point become addicted and dependent. Don't let the word scare you but it's a fact you simply can't avoid if you are on long term pain relief using narcotic medication. I hope that helped you out somewhat.

There is people on this board that take 240mg+ of Oxycodone a day so don't worry about your 10mg that much. It really would be an easy walk in the park to quit compared to most peoples recreational and even medicinally prescribed dosages.

I think he is taking 50mg daily, not 10 as you had stated. I would tend to agree that he probably does have a physical addiction to oxycodone but still a relatively easy one to taper down from.

I think he is taking 50mg daily, not 10 as you had stated. I would tend to agree that he probably does have a physical addiction to oxycodone but still a relatively easy one to taper down from.

Id like clarification because the thread titles is 5-10mg's which makes me think of a range 5 to 10. but maybe he does mean 5, 10mg percocets. Which is 50 mg and 2 months would definitely warrant a physical addiction at that dosage. Who knows. I was inclined to think he meant 5-10mg because he said his habit was small compared to people on this bored. But then again I guess compared to most of bluelight even 50mg's would be considered a small dose.

Can you please verify what dosage you meant? Whether it was 5-10mg's or 5X 10 mg's = 50mg's a day. Thank you.

^ It doesn't fucking matter.

You can label it a "baby habit" - but to someone with no prior experiance with opiates, it's still fucking hellish.

WD is WD is WD.

The dose does matter, quite a bit. If someone is on 5mg-10mg I'd suggest they cold turkey it, if they were on 50mg I'd suggest getting down to the 5mg-10mg range.

Withdrawal is withdrawal is withdrawal, but they can be quantified in power, and it'd be bad (unkind) advice to suggest someone with a 50mg habit just hop off the bus, but it'd would be appropriate and almost courteous to suggest they get off now before things go any further at the lower doses.

It is a "baby habit", if you like to make those kind of distinctions, and you'll want to throw the brakes on either way (5mg or 50mg). The fact that you feel yourself getting addicted enough to want to make a thread asking opinions about your habit says that it is plenty big for you already

Take a break. Withdrawal (it shouldn't be so bad either way) and reassess where you were heading. If you do this now you will thank yourself so much for it later. If you do not, eventually you will regret it. Big time.

Well, i disagree.

If you haven't experiance to base your opinions on - then a 10mg/day Oxy habit will feel *really* bad.

I mean, at my worst, I was shooting 1/8th oz smack a day. If I had woken up sick, and a fairy said to me "don't worry - somebody, right now, is clucking of a 6 gram/day habit" - it wouldn't mean FUCK ALL.

And lets not forget, opiates get you a LONG time before your physically addicted.

i dont really know how to define addiction. i guess it all depends on your perception of it. but personally i think addiction is where you find yourself wanting more and more of the drug, and when it gets to the point where you NEED the drug. or you find yourself doing things to get the drug that you normally wouldn't do. but you were in a car accident, and 5-10mg is alot. i can understand that. but taking like 120mg of oxy to get high, or stealing money and items from people you care about, just to get high, then i would consider that an addiction. mine got real bad. and it wasn't even all that much of physical addiction, maybe somewhat with opiates, but it was mostly psychological. i think pyschologicval addiction is harder to break than a phsyical one. because you can go to rehab and get clean, but that doesn;t mean you WANT to be clean. you're still addicted to it in your head. thats how i was.

Well, i disagree.

If you haven't experiance to base your opinions on - then a 10mg/day Oxy habit will feel *really* bad.

I mean, at my worst, I was shooting 1/8th oz smack a day. If I had woken up sick, and a fairy said to me "don't worry - somebody, right now, is clucking of a 6 gram/day habit" - it wouldn't mean FUCK ALL.

And lets not forget, opiates get you a LONG time before your physically addicted.

Geez calm down man re-read what i wrote and I was in no way trying to put down this guy's "struggle" I've never been the type to get on this board and say that to anybody. Yes w/d is w/d is w/d & I've experienced withdrawals from everything from hydrocodone to Heroin for 2 years IV'ing so I know opiate withdrawal is withdrawal. Crap I get worse w/d's from my Dilaudid prescription then I got from IV'ing heroin. God i'd never try to downplay the hellish thing they call opiate withdrawal because i'd rather take my own life then have to go though that again in all hoensty. I've consider it while i was in withdrawal before.

You really jumped down my throat on this one I took what I was saying completely wrong. What I was trying to do was tell this guy to not freak out about his addiction, & i did say addiction was addiction though and no matter what long term pain med usage will make you an addict. But i in no way said it was a "baby" habit in order to try to put down his struggle or withdrawls.

But from a medical standpoint and what i've seen and known from the hospital w/d's from 10mg's of Oxycodone used daily for 2 months are not going to be that bad, nowhere near bad enough for me to even think of recommending anything but cold turkey. I would never in my wildest dreams tell someone with that kind of habit to do some long crazy taper or going on replacement or maintenance. It's just no feasible to think that cold turkey from 2 months of 10mg's would be to hard to overcome.

EightOEight, we've briefly talked on a few threads and shared some opinions and I really hoped from that you wouldn't come at me the way you did and honestly think somehow im down playing this person or there struggle whenever they do decide to quit. I don't even think his post mentioned anything about withdrawal or what his struggle would be like quitting.

He mentioned himself that his habit was relatively small compared to everyone else on bluelight and more than anything I was simply helping him out by backing up his own words and agreeing with him that it simply wasn't that large and although uncomfortable it is a "small habit" (maybe "baby") as the wrong word. It shouldn't be something that he wouldn't be able to handle himself if he decided to quit. I'm really sorry if somehow you took what I said as anything other then helpful.

I consistently try to present myself as helpful here on bluelight while being uncofrontational. Im just here for help and harm reduction. I don't want to put anyone down or ever come across as confrontational. I'm sorry my post came across to you as making fun of or down grading his usage by using the term "baby habit"

^you consistently come across as a condescending, patronising and a (thinks they) know-it-all do gooder.

Sorry.

Last edited:
<not in TDS - OverDone>

Last edited by a moderator:
TheDankaholic;
thank you for your response. I did not take it in the way other people took it. shit lets be real 10 mg VS 100 Mg is a baby dose. I think people freaked when they saw the word baby. I am not dealing with Withdrawal since I have only been taking them for 2 months. U pretty much reassured me of what I was thinking concerning my dose. I will chill for a bit since I do get real pain from my back cause of the accident. Dont really want me tolerance to go up because i like the feeling. None the less thanks for answering and sorry it cause such a response on the boards.

ingannilo
u right. the fact that i did this thread it should tell me something. I am thinking of taking a break from them and only using them for when I really need them.

just for a clarrification I am only using from 5 to 10 mg a day. have been for the last 2 months because of my car accident I had 2 years ago. before that I was taking Lortab for the back pains.

thadocta13
this is what I thought too. I have seen my uncle do and sell just about anything to get crack. I know it could be a fucked up place to be.

once again thanks for all that have helped me in this thread. I was careful how I wrote this because i know there are people out there struggling with sobriety. My uncle is one with his crack addiction. I think the best thing for me is just to chill on the opiates for a while. I have read about this opiate withdraw and it don't sound nice!

As far as abuse vs. dependance, this link should answer some questions.

One can abuse without being dependent (freshman drinks for the first time and gets wasted).
One can be dependent without "abusing" (think grandma on her pain killers for her cancer pains, or me and my Paxil for my anxiety; if either grandma or I quit cold turkey, we'll feel shitty).

Hope this helps.

Neat

simple answer: if you take it daily for a buzz, because you like the buzz, you're addicted.

^that is a rough guideline but most official definitions include negative impact/interference on one or more of your social life, education, professional life, financial situation, etc.

^you consistently come across as a condescending, patronising and a (thinks they) know-it-all do gooder.

Sorry.

Im sorry if you honestly feel that way, sorry If you think im a "Know it all do gooder" because that's not the case at all. I honestly try to help people out the best I can & give me whatever advice I possibly can that will help them one way or another. I've been part of bluelight for well over 6 years, long before I had this name and I've never had anyone come at me in that way & most of the time I've been given nothing but "thank you's" from most people.

If you read the post above from the OP he even said thank you and appreciated the input I gave him. Although somehow you had a problem with it and call me condescending, patronizing, and a know it all do gooder. I think you might need a hug my friend. Maybe calm down a little bit, maybe you were having a bad day and need to score. I dunno. I've been at that point in my life here I jump down everyone's throats.

If you want to dislike me or hate me for contributing and genuinely trying to help people or push subjects like "harm reduction" then go ahead and dislike me. Last time I checked this was a harm reduction website though. The thing is, it doesn;t bother me the least if you don't like me when people PM me or comment back and say "thank you". Atleast I know I helped somebody with what they were looking for or helped someone avoid doing something potentially harmful to themselves. Which is what bluelight is here for and why I spend so much of my time here.

I hope you didn't find this condescending or patronizing. ;)

Hi... I'm a noob here, tho not (probably) a total noob to drugs.

My dr. just upped my dosage of 10mgs of percs to 240/month, and also gave me a couple rxs for ms contin... 1 for 60mg to be taken at midday, along with 2-200mg ms contin to be taken at morning & night.

Any thoughts? Don't wanna OD, just stay high for as long as possible. Know the ER tabs don't last nearly as long as they're sposed to. Was previously on 30mg of oxys which stopped working.

Any suggestions appreciated.

^Cold Water Extraction. No doctor should be allowed to prescribe that much Oxycodone/APAP to a patient. The amount Acetaminophen you're taking daily is sick. Not your fault though.

We can't really tell you how much to take if we don't know your tolerance. Also- read the rules as you've already broken two of them (self-serving thread & posting your script) and maybe we can help you.

:)

<----Woo. 800 Posts!

^Cold Water Extraction. No doctor should be allowed to prescribe that much Oxycodone/APAP to a patient. The amount Acetaminophen you're taking daily is sick. Not your fault though.

We can't really tell you how much to take if we don't know your tolerance. Also- read the rules as you've already broken two of them (self-serving thread & posting your script) and maybe we can help you.

:)

<----Woo. 800 Posts!

Unfortunately, you are wrong here.

240 Percs/month = 8 a day. At 325mg APAP per pill, that works out to less than 3g, way within the limit of 4g per day for chronic usage.

Math: just another reminder why you aren't a doctor...

As far as getting high, the MS-Contins usually won't get you too high because there will be no rush involved. If you constantly push your usage, your tolerance will grow substantially faster than if you just stick to your prescribed dosage.