Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Champix and Cocaine

pinothippy

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if there are any issues with having a night on the coke while taking Champix? I'm currently on the Champix to keep off the cigs (they have worked a treat too) and have a night coming up where a gram or two of coke might find its way up my nose.

Has anyone had experience with this combo or know of any issues i should be aware of? Most importantly will the Champix stop the charlie working the way it should.

Cheers

might help if you explain what champix is, im assuming its some kind of antidepressant... i'd look it up on mims but i cant be bothered..

If you do some research though, im sure you can find the info you need between here, google and wikipedia.

Champix has no interactions with anything, I've looked into this a few times, the more pressing concern you should have is that any drug like cocaine or alcohol, while you're trying to quit smoking, is going to make you much more likely to have a cigarette. Do a search and you'll find Champix/Chantrix is asked about on BL quite often, with no reported interactions.

Thanks Hoptis. I must admit having some charlie without a ciggie will be weird but i'm pretty confident i wont light one up. I've been trying to give up the fags on and off for 20 odd years and finally have with the help of these pills. I thought it was wise to see if anyone had knowledge of any issues with doing a few lines while still taking them.

Cheers

i'm pretty confident

That you will be. ;)

Good luck, I have a friend who is going through a course of Champix now, I recommended L-Tyrosine to them as a supplement when they started complaining about mood swings and "crazy" thoughts. I'd suggest you look into that if you have a history of using drugs that have depleted your dopamine levels.

yeah, I was going to say, the decreased inhibitions would probably be the main concern.

have fun though. and just think, it aint worth sacrificing your hard work so far for. ;)

I havn't had any mood swings or crazy thoughts Hoptis. The only side effect i've noticed is incredibly vivid dreams.. and quite frankly i've really enjoyed that. Every night seems to throw up some new crazy dream. I kind of look forward to sleeping to see what tonights adventure will be now :)

Mrs p_d has just started taking Champix. After the first tablet she had really vivd dreams and she also really enjoyed them. She's usually got good willpower and has given up before for years without problems, but a small social get together the other night and she weakened. So she agreed to take the Champix. Two days into it and she can't stand cigs.

Yep that was what happened to me... i was told to keep smoking for a week while taking the pills then set a day to give up.. 3 days into it i'd totally lost any desire to smoke.. i cant stand the smell of them now.. or the smell of people who smoke. The dreams are an unexpected bonus as far as i'm concerned.

I know a coke dealer who well and truly gets high off his own supply, and is on Champix without issue.

I can report the Champix had no interaction with either the coke or mdma powder that found its way into by bloodstream and also no nicotine was inhaled during this time :)

Champix absolutely rocks.

18 months off the cigs after a pack a day for 10 years and will never go back!!

I didnt have any reactions with mdma when i was on it.