• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Going out Now is different to back in the day (obv)

itsWill

Greenlighter
Dont you think when you go out these days that its totally different?
and all the new comers taking pills and clubbing and raving arent in the same mindset because the pills are mainly Pipz or other rubbish.

The thought occured to me when a mate said his new girlfriend does pills most weekends in the city. If the Love isnt around are we going to see more messed up people and fights ?? Because the quality of drugs has plummeted?
Like going to a club and seeing alot more people scattered out and paranoid rather than music loving dancing mung heads like years ago
Dont get me wrong I can see both but If you know what it was back in the day and check out today what the newbs are taking and they dont even know what they should be feeling.
Do you think the new generation of pill heads are just hooked on other things like meth in the pills??
Pills now adays are the thing to do and have when you go out and its no big secret the market has exploded but they are all shit

Like I bet if you asked people 8 out of 10 of them would say yeah I've tried ecstacy but really they wouldnt have just with the amount of people using it now and not educated and the extreme quality drop

Anyway thats my rant but its crazy hey

Theres a few ways to look at it but yeah

Last edited:
I started dumping in in 06, when it was reasonably easy to find mdma in your lollies. This was a year or so before alot of people my age got into it, and as we know 06-07 onwards was where the sharp decline was.

I know sooo many people a year or two younger than me, who get on the pip pills every weekend, and think felling like shit afterwards is normal and means u had a massive night. it makes me sad panda, and when ive got them access to mdma flips, they dont understand because theyre not "munted" so it cant be as good as their pips right?

This is why pips are taking over, people dont know any better, and the new-comers taking them are thinking this is what its all about. At times ive found myself making squillions of phone calls just to get my hands on two mdma bikkies. Ive found a guy now tho, but i wonder how long itll be till he turns to the darkside for extra cash?

Agreeing with both of you, I have only got into it about a year ago. During that time I usually got good mdma pills but I was lucky cause I had a good connection however the market declined and so did my source I can still get medium mdma/amp pills now but its kinda not worth it. I just wait for a reasonably good batch to come out and stock up haha. My mates however only got into it a a couple of months ago now and have no clue about pills. For example they got sum dingas and i tasted them just to see if it had that nice bitter taste, tasted like nothing plastic almost. They ate them and said they were the best pills they have had my mate(experianced) tested them and came up with very slight change to green and the tiniest bit of purple, he consumed and said it was speed and he was buzzin for like 30 mins max haha. I told my other mates it was a low (really low) dose of speed and they didnt beleive me they wer convinced they wer XTC pills because ther dealer had told them so haha. People can be so stupid.

heh you kids can hardly call that back in the day, by 06 pill quality had dropped significantly, i noticed the drop in quality of mdma in 04-05 noticeably.

heh you kids can hardly call that back in the day, by 06 pill quality had dropped significantly, i noticed the drop in quality of mdma in 04-05 noticeably.

..and some of us would say thats not back in the day.. 1988 pills were strong (if you even knew what mdma was and could get them) and the RAT partys were ..well lots of fun. Quality dropped off in the mid 90's briefly then returned and dropped again around 2004

ahh back in the day

Yup like the guys said above me. Ive been doing pills since 1999-2000 when i was very young. the pills were awesome up until 2004. After that it got shitter and shitter. I saw the first pip pill in 2004 and from then onwards the scene slowly died and ud have to sift through alot of crap pills to get to a decent one. Not many people who started recently know what a pill is supposed to be like. It makes me quite angry when people are uneducated.

Oh the worse the pill tastes the better it is, or the more hungover i am the better the pill was or the more munted i am the better. Kinda sick of hearing this over and over again. My oponion is if u dont roll of half an MDMA pill then its not quality. They used to be 150-180mg per pill where i lived. The new generation is hooked on anything clolored round logo things. So doesnt really matter what it contains.

Geesh i mean come on there is alot of pipes and shit stuff going around, but its really not THAT hard to get some good quality gear. MDMA is MDMA - if you know enough people and ask the right questions your bound to come across some true shit eventually. The problem lies in people who are buying when they are out from randoms who truly dont give a fuck.

it really has changed a lot

started pilling and clubbing and such back in 2002.
in the metal / alternative scene, the drugs werent all that prevalent,
but when i'd go to trance/hardstyle and dance clubs. they were rife. it was a beautiful atmosphere.

as ice increased in popularity. the connectedness. and random people hugging you sorta declined.
nowadays, you go out, most people wont even look at you. its fucked up.

several years ago you could go to kryal and feel the togetherness and the love oif the place. such a good vibe. everyone out for a good time/
then you compare it to trance energy 09, and its nothing but blowouts and dickheads trying to start fights.

OP is right. the scene is fucked. i am convinced its due partly to the MDMA shortage.
you can't have PLUR without it.
lol

..and some of us would say thats not back in the day.. 1988 pills were strong (if you even knew what mdma was and could get them) and the rat partys were ..well lots of fun. Quality dropped off in the mid 90's briefly then returned and dropped again around 2004

ahh back in the day

qft. :)

but when i'd go to trance/hardstyle and dance clubs. they were rife. it was a beautiful atmosphere.

as ice increased in popularity. the connectedness. and random people hugging you sorta declined.

several years ago you could go to kryal and feel the togetherness and the love oif the place. such a good vibe. everyone out for a good time/
then you compare it to trance energy 09, and its nothing but blowouts and dickheads trying to start fights.

OP is right. the scene is fucked. i am convinced its due partly to the MDMA shortage.
lol

Sounds like you have graduated to Rainbow material js2k6, plenty of PLUR there.

..and some of us would say thats not back in the day.. 1988 pills were strong (if you even knew what mdma was and could get them) and the RAT partys were ..well lots of fun. Quality dropped off in the mid 90's briefly then returned and dropped again around 2004

ahh back in the day

Q:How many ravers do you need to change a light bulb?

A: 4, one to change the bulb, the other 3 to tell you that the new one is nowhere near as good and as bright as the old one!!!!!

Remember when this was tomtoms? :p

I started taking pills around 2002. I think availability of good MDMA pills has always been luck and who you know. There have been weak and strong MDMA pills all the way along for me.
Whats changed is that pills to avoid for me used to be ones that were not very strong, or "bunk" - did nothing (there you go Mr Ibis). Now the ones to avoid are the adulterated pills as they cause weird and unexpected effects as well as making you feel downright ill.

I did start to notice this around 2006 - present as there has been more instances of adulterated pills. I assume many of these to be pips, based on similarties between them and legal pips I tried, as well as internet reports suggesting they were pips. The effects are sort of like, clearly I am not straight, but I feel no love, wtf is going on?

I think these types of pills have played a part in steering the electronic scene further away from the happy vibe and more towards the arrogant / violent scene normally only associated with other music scenes.

edited for poor grammer etc. :)

Last edited:

ahh back in the day

i was 1yo in 88'. I'm only 22 now, and have been partaking in recreational drug use since i turned about 15, 2002.

So i hit the pill scene right in the middle of the second generation of good times. I'd call that back in the days enough. I've seen a fair amount of video footage of the RAT parties etc... looked like fun. I wouldnt piss on a rave if it was on fire now.

As I advised, i noticed the drop in quality in 04 too.

Whats changed is that "bunk" pills for me used to be ones that were not very strong, but now they are ones that cause weird and unexpected effects. I did start to notice this around 2006 - present as there has been more instances of "dirty" pills. I assume many of these to be pips. At first I didnt understand what they were. It was sort of like, clearly I am not straight, but I feel no love, wtf is going on?

the definition of bunk is the pill did NOTHING... if it did something that it shouldn't which could possibly be dangerous, you'd say the pill was adulterated.

I am only 20 but I have been dropping pills on and off for around 2 years. From what Ive seen kids my age are generally pissed off and angry.. the music is getting darker...hardcore/gabber is booming... people dont go out to for the love of music they go out to get fucked up.. as much as it saddens me

I dont see quality of drugs being a major factor..half the people I see at raves are sold complete duds thinking they have mdma and they are still have a great time

Those that want to pick fights have made their minds up before they left their home imo^^

Im also not convinced that dealers pocket extra from selling pipes as apposed to mdma? They are often at least 4th or 5th down the food chain

Those that want to pick fights have made their minds up before they left their home imo^^

QFT...i often hear this scum on the bus into the clubs before they are drunk, talking about fights they got into, or trying to abuse people outside the bus...

people looking for trouble will find it..even if they have to make it.

How often do you see fights these days start over something worthwhile?

everything was more cosmopolitan back in the day...

the aim was to go out and have a good time, not wholly & solely to get fucked up.

things change.

I started getting into pills and going out when I was 18 (back in 2003). I was more into bush doofs, festivals and events then and these would be the times when I did drugs. My first doof was Earthcore 03 and I had an amazing time. I found doofs and psy events generally to have amazing vibes. Everyone was open, accepting, happy, and really friendly. I still find that this persists in the psy scene, though to a lesser extent. Maybe I'm abit jaded now and I notice others who are jaded too. However, the psy scene has died a bit since those days.

The pills have definately gone down hill. I think I noticed this happening in 2007 - with a big drop late last year and definately this year. It means that people are a bit less fucked up, but at events and the psy clubs I go to people are still friendly (though not in the oh my god I love you and want to hug you way of the past).

However, I do go out to clubs outside of this scene sometimes and I can't say I did the vibe. People can often be rude, focused more on picking up and getting drunk or fucked up (past times which I enjoy thoroughly but I try to do it without the attitude.), and they're is too much focus on fashion and being cool. I can see why people are into this, but it all seems like a bit of wank. I don't really go to the more pretensious places. I'm more into going to pubs, or if I'm getting on it events or tech or psy clubs which don't really have the same probs as what I have just described.

I used to think all festivals had a cool vibe but then I went to summerdayze this new year. Fuck me, I never been around so many cunts in my life. People would barge straight past you, no excuse mes or thank yous, if you asked someone to move so you could get by they'd act aggressively towards you. Also there were people picking fights, and plenty of roided up cunts intimidating people left right and centre. I guess these people normally go to clubs that I don't frequent.

There is still a violent attitude at alot of places and around the streets of melbourne on friday and saturday nights. I don't think this is a new thing and I don't think it has anything to do with crap pills or even drugs generally. Alcohol and egos are the problem. They're are alot of people out there who think having a good time and proving your a tough cunt has to do with beating the shit out of someone. And as someone said there is rarely any good reason for a fight - someone looked at someone funny or someone accidently bumped another person.

I agree to an extent,

Things definitely used to be different. (At least you knew what you were taking)

Clubbing with your chosen friends... reaching for lasers :)

It always ended with people getting into Meth however, so things tended to turn pretty nasty anyway.

Fridays were always a good night, but Saturday and Sunday were just messy.

So I guess I agree to an extent, but the end result seems to be the same. The chemical generation is always going to have a rough landing...

I think Mary Poppins said something like: "What goes up... Must... hmm... ah bugger it have another line."

lol

+1

I haven't been around quite as long as you have, but I have noticed that since my town has been flooded with juice, it's turned to shit.