lostNfound

Bluelight Crew
So they're redoing Clash of the Titans

Director:Louis Leterrier

Sam Worthington ... Perseus
Liam Neeson ... Zeus
Ralph Fiennes ... Hades

Release Date:1 April 2010 (Australia)

I hope they don't overdo CGI in this the way they did with Beowulf. Don't get me worng I didn't mind Beowulf but I thought CGI was very overdone.

Most recently, Leterrier's done Transporter 2 and The Incredible Hulk (ed norton version) but hasn't a whole lot of experience, will be interesting to see how he handles a remake.

^Thats what I was about to say....but hey, who knows? A truly mind blowing CGI Kraken, a more ferocious Medusa and a Calibos that will give me even more of the heeby-jeebies...
it may just work. Hopefully both can be appreciated equally....no matter what happens I'll still have mad love for the first COTT :D

11469-3513.gif

I remember when I was little, there was one summer where Clash of the Titans was on HBO around 800 times a week. That and Grease 2.

I'm a big fan of all those type of movies, especially Jason And The Argonauts. I really think the stop motion animation was something quite remarkable, and it still looks amazing today. It's painstaking work, and I appreciate watching it in action. I couldn't give a toss about CGI. It hardly ever impresses me as much. And it definitely won't look anywhere near as impressive as Ray Harryhausen 's work in years to come. We'll all be laughing at it.

Ray+Harryhausen+%231.jpg

<3

I know this sounds goddamn repetitive, but I looooved Jason and the Argonauts when I was a child , I vividly remember watching it in the cinema with my dad, mum and sister. (Late 70s...special screening of "old" films!) I was super on the edge of my seat , enthralled, amazed, and excited......I couldnt even sleep that night after watching it 8( :D <3

God, it's bad enough when they ruin the memory of a good film.....

Remaking a film that shouldn't have been made in the first place is..... well.... something, certainly. 8)

Whatever junctional funkie, CLASH is a frickin classic!

It's such a great story, and the remake is long overdue! I can't wait for this to come out? Btw what are your favorite movies, since you seem to dislike CLASH?

Blah.

I just remember my dumb-ass younger brother liked it (never exactly a testimony to the quality of ANYTHING), and that clockwork owl.

I was actually really into mythology when it came out, and still never liked it.

Plus, Harry Hamlin just plain fails. :\

one of my favorite movies growing up. i remember being hooked from the moment the king banished his daughter and grandson into the water to perish. i couldn't stop watching!

can't wait to see it and hope it is fabulous

Blah.

I just remember my dumb-ass younger brother liked it (never exactly a testimony to the quality of ANYTHING), and that clockwork owl.

I was actually really into mythology when it came out, and still never liked it.

So what are some of your favorite movies?

I liked clash of the titans!!!

And I agree, making models for stop-motion animation is a dying (dead?) art. CG, still in its infancy, looks shit. Plus, only Japanese people can make respectable CG at all.

I'm definitely skipping on this one in fears of having some of my fond memories forever violated.

I haven't seen the original since the 80s, but I loved that movie. I remember the owl and Medusa and that demon guy at the top of the page. I need to rewatch it.

cot_058Bubo.jpg

Cool.

tv-clash-of-the-titans-medusa.jpg

Creepy.

Gosh. I heard this sucked big time. Calibos wasnt even in the picture. The owl makes a 2 second cameo and disappears. WTF. Thank god I didnt watch it.

I watched it, it was a mindless action flick, but was fun for a mindless action flick.

It seems they're remaking everything these days (have they run out of ideas?!?)

I'm a big fan of all those type of movies, especially Jason And The Argonauts. I really think the stop motion animation was something quite remarkable, and it still looks amazing today. It's painstaking work, and I appreciate watching it in action. I couldn't give a toss about CGI. It hardly ever impresses me as much. And it definitely won't look anywhere near as impressive as Ray Harryhausen 's work in years to come. We'll all be laughing at it.
<3

I also love the old stop motion of R.H., and have endeavored to see (collect?) all of them that I can - Beast from 20k Fathoms, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Jason & The Argonauts, Valley of the Gwangi, etc. Love that stuff, and you never really hear about anyone else doing it - even from that era :\

I'd say Jason and the Eye of the Tiger were probably my favorites. It does take a great deal of appreciation for what was required to do the work back then.

I think that last part plays a key effect in someone not liking it. There WAS a good dose of soap opera acting to it, though most of us appreciate the concept and the vintage special effects. The story itself, meh....didn't care for it all that much myself. To that point, I even disliked the pegasus immensely, and the bit with Calibos....though the scopion fight, the Kraken, etc...all good stuff. Not deep, just enjoyable.

Harry Hamlin (and some of the other 'big name actors')....not so much.

And I agree, making models for stop-motion animation is a dying (dead?) art. CG, still in its infancy, looks shit. Plus, only Japanese people can make respectable CG at all.

There are still some uses for stop motion, or more accurately the use of small scale models (meaning static, or minimal motion scenes).....not so much though for any characters or action sequences, since CGI is the 'new hotness' :\ There is a sick cycle at work wherein studious spent a bunch of money for the technology, and need to spread that cost to as many films as they can...and that also allows them to work on refining the art of CGI, but it is a slow progression and becomes too commonplace with today's movies :\

It seems they're remaking everything these days (have they run out of ideas?!?)

Yes, yes they have :\