• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 11.6.09 - Australia's most comprehensive illicit drug data report released

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Australia's most comprehensive illicit drug data report released

IDDR%202007-08%20FINAL%20030609-1.jpg

11 June 2009

The largest number of border detections of illicit drugs are through scatter importations in parcel post, a key finding in the Australian Crime Commission’s 2007–08 Illicit Drug Data Report released today.

The Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Crime Commission, Mr John Lawler, released the report at the Clyde international mail facility highlighting the work undertaken by a range of law enforcement and health agencies to address the scourge of illicit drugs.

“This report will inform decision-makers across the full spectrum of the illicit drug response—from law enforcement to health and education—in developing strategies to minimise harm and limit drug supply,” Mr Lawler said.

“Longer-term trends across illicit drug markets, like those provided in the report, provide a strong evidence base to inform comprehensive polices and collaborative responses to the illicit drug problem in Australia.”

As stated in the report South-West Asia is increasing as a source for Australia’s heroin supply, in keeping with increased opium production in the region.

“Although we are seeing changes in heroin sources, heroin seizures and arrests in 2007–08 are low when compared with the last decade,” Mr Lawler said.

Other major findings from the report include an increase in cocaine use along with the continued high use of cannabis.

“In 2007–08 the number of cocaine detections at the Australian border increased by 71 per cent, and the number of cocaine seizures was the highest on record,” Mr Lawler said.

The IDDR draws on the combined resources, experience and expertise of Australia’s law enforcement community and forensic laboratories to provide a statistical overview of illicit drug arrests, seizures and border detections.

A copy of the report is available here.http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/publications/iddr/2007_08.htm

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/media/acc_joint/2009/090611.htm

The purity in the ATS seems that speed/ice users get shit gear always, with max ever recorded at 30% or something... sigh.. but cheers for the link

Hmm... few things we've touched upon in other articles really.

But good to have a synthesis.

"Effects of tryptamines include vivid but negative hallucinations, paranoia and extreme feelings of panic and anxiety."

Far out, it is alot more fun than they make out. Why do they insist on blowing their credibility like this?

Proves my point of Gold Coast (QLD) ecstasy being shit house and not very pure at all. Gosh I'm glad that sweet Mary Jane grows from the earth!

"Effects of tryptamines include vivid but negative hallucinations, paranoia and extreme feelings of panic and anxiety."

Far out, it is alot more fun than they make out. Why do they insist on blowing their credibility like this?
That bit really stuck out to me as well.
Are they suggesting people take acid to cause those effects on purpose? It's not like they included anything positive sounding about it's effects.

"Hey I'm going to a dance party, got any thing that will make me paranoid and panicky?"
I mean really...

It would be a refreshing change if the benefits were included as well as the harms/risks in these kinds of reports.

I think these reports are written with a different audience in mind (to us!) who perhaps expect drugs to be demonised. Still, it would be nice to surprise them once in a while!

LoL why are they using crack cocaine in their picture on the cover?

^^

ahhaha I noticed that as well ...

Whoever made that photo up just put whatever drugs photos they could find on net and put together .. person who made it prob has no idea what drugs are lol

Apparently LSD can be smoked 8)

I hear you can fax the stuff too :p