• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking the leaves of Marijuana

michael$$

Bluelighter
Can you smoke the leaves of Marijuana? Mate says he has some kiff.
They just look like leaves, there's a few small buds in there though.
Can the leaves get you high?

Yes, leaves can get you high. You'll need to smoke more of it though to achieve a high anything close to that of buds. I have to smoke atleast ~3/4g of leaves to get any kind of decent buzz.

I like to take all my leaves and make canna-butter out of them :D

Tasty <3

You can use it to make brownies or even throw it on spaghetti :)

Yes, leaves can get you high. You'll need to smoke more of it though to achieve a high anything close to that of buds. I have to smoke atleast ~3/4g of leaves to get any kind of decent buzz.

3-4 grams of leaves?

^You don't have to smoke that much just to get an effect, I meant you'd have to smoke that much to get a high close to (but still not as good as) buds.

0.5g would get noticeable effects if the leaves came from a decent plant.

I wouldn't smoke the leaves. I would mix them with bud or make edibles, anything else seems silly unless you have got a million blunts laying around.

Look, you don't need to smoke 4 grams of fricken leaves to get a high lol. I think you misunderstood the guy, michael.. I'm pretty sure he ment 3/4 as a fraction.. you know, 3 quarters of a gram?..
Though I've shared a joint with a friend of leaves and have gotten high.

PS- vaping leaves works great

had a cone of leaves b4 i felt something. not stoned like a bud hit but fwelt good

Look, you don't need to smoke 4 grams of fricken leaves to get a high lol. I think you misunderstood the guy, michael.. I'm pretty sure he ment 3/4 as a fraction.. you know, 3 quarters of a gram?..
Though I've shared a joint with a friend of leaves and have gotten high.

PS- vaping leaves works great

Whats vaping?

Whats vaping?

Vaping is when you use a vaporizer to get high. There are lots of different kinds, but the general idea of a vaporizer is that it doesn't actually burn the plant, it just heats it up to a temperature where it releases the THC to get you stoned. It's a lot healthier for you, because you're not inhaling as many of the carcinogens that are produced by burning the plant.

When I grew marijuana, after I had smoked all the buds, I smoked the leaves as well. And I'm not talking about the bud leaves but the fan leaves (the big leaves on the lower parts of the plant). The high from the leaves was not as good, did not last as long and always gave me a headache but they still did get me high.

Hey - FYI the name for what your mate has is "trim" ie the shit they trim off the marijuana before it's ready to be smoked. Kif is actually almost the opposite, it's thc crystals that fall off the buds.

Anyway, while it's possible to smoke you don't want to. It'll take a lot and taste like ass. Tea is also a bad idea as thc isn't water soluble, to ingest it you need to mix it with a fat, so you'd need to steep it in milk (whole) or cream or add butter to your tea (yuk). Making hash with any kind of efficiency is more trouble than it'd be worth for just this once.

The best answer by far is the super classic: Pot brownies! You can actually make almost anything that uses butter (or oil) if you want. Quick and dirty method is just grind up the trim, saute it in the butter for like 20 minutes then strain out the plant material and use the butter in the brownie mix.

Here's a recipe, but there are millions and any of them will work: http://www.allpotseeds.com/pot-brownies.html

Try using about a gram of pot per serving, so about a half ounce for a tray. But you can use however much pot you have just keep track of how big a dose will be. Be careful though: it's easy to end up getting too stoned when eating baked goods. Try eating the equivalent of a half gram's worth (ie a half brownie) and waiting at least 2 hours. It'll take at least a half hour to an hour to kick in, don't eat more before you feel it! Classic mistake eating the whole pan :D

What I always did with leaves was just bang them into the old screen-pot, shake and keep adding till all the good shit comes off. Then maybe use the leafs for cooking or just smoke them on a VERY rainy day..