PDA

View Full Version : Smoking the leaves of Marijuana

Pages : [1] 2

michael$$
14-06-2009, 03:17
Can you smoke the leaves of Marijuana? Mate says he has some kiff.
They just look like leaves, there's a few small buds in there though.
Can the leaves get you high?

puckboy
14-06-2009, 03:34
Yes, leaves can get you high. You'll need to smoke more of it though to achieve a high anything close to that of buds. I have to smoke atleast ~3/4g of leaves to get any kind of decent buzz.

Cosmic Charlie
14-06-2009, 03:35
I like to take all my leaves and make canna-butter out of them :D

Tasty <3

You can use it to make brownies or even throw it on spaghetti :)

michael$$
14-06-2009, 03:52
Yes, leaves can get you high. You'll need to smoke more of it though to achieve a high anything close to that of buds. I have to smoke atleast ~3/4g of leaves to get any kind of decent buzz.

3-4 grams of leaves?

Cosmic Charlie
14-06-2009, 03:53
^
Yup

michael$$
14-06-2009, 03:55
FUCK!! What's the point then? Do they taste good?

trancetasy
14-06-2009, 04:12
you can smoke it or make tea or hash =D

michael$$
14-06-2009, 04:32

Yeah but to smoke up to 3-4 grams just to get an effect will take ages unless i use joints. How do i make tea or hash?

puckboy
14-06-2009, 05:10
^You don't have to smoke that much just to get an effect, I meant you'd have to smoke that much to get a high close to (but still not as good as) buds.

0.5g would get noticeable effects if the leaves came from a decent plant.

Chainer
14-06-2009, 06:16
I wouldn't smoke the leaves. I would mix them with bud or make edibles, anything else seems silly unless you have got a million blunts laying around.

michael$$
14-06-2009, 06:21
damn...was hopiomh i would feel somethin

The Winner!!
14-06-2009, 07:31
Look, you don't need to smoke 4 grams of fricken leaves to get a high lol. I think you misunderstood the guy, michael.. I'm pretty sure he ment 3/4 as a fraction.. you know, 3 quarters of a gram?..
Though I've shared a joint with a friend of leaves and have gotten high.

PS- vaping leaves works great

michael$$
14-06-2009, 08:45
had a cone of leaves b4 i felt something. not stoned like a bud hit but fwelt good

michael$$
14-06-2009, 08:50
Look, you don't need to smoke 4 grams of fricken leaves to get a high lol. I think you misunderstood the guy, michael.. I'm pretty sure he ment 3/4 as a fraction.. you know, 3 quarters of a gram?..
Though I've shared a joint with a friend of leaves and have gotten high.

PS- vaping leaves works great

Whats vaping?

elroy44
14-06-2009, 09:53
Whats vaping?

Vaping is when you use a vaporizer to get high. There are lots of different kinds, but the general idea of a vaporizer is that it doesn't actually burn the plant, it just heats it up to a temperature where it releases the THC to get you stoned. It's a lot healthier for you, because you're not inhaling as many of the carcinogens that are produced by burning the plant.

burn out
14-06-2009, 10:14
When I grew marijuana, after I had smoked all the buds, I smoked the leaves as well. And I'm not talking about the bud leaves but the fan leaves (the big leaves on the lower parts of the plant). The high from the leaves was not as good, did not last as long and always gave me a headache but they still did get me high.

AmphetamineNinja
14-06-2009, 12:00
no wonder you dont like weed anymore burnout, smoking leaves would do that id imagine

michael$$
14-06-2009, 12:16

how do you make the tea or hash

morphene
14-06-2009, 12:38
Hey - FYI the name for what your mate has is "trim" ie the shit they trim off the marijuana before it's ready to be smoked. Kif is actually almost the opposite, it's thc crystals that fall off the buds.

Anyway, while it's possible to smoke you don't want to. It'll take a lot and taste like ass. Tea is also a bad idea as thc isn't water soluble, to ingest it you need to mix it with a fat, so you'd need to steep it in milk (whole) or cream or add butter to your tea (yuk). Making hash with any kind of efficiency is more trouble than it'd be worth for just this once.

The best answer by far is the super classic: Pot brownies! You can actually make almost anything that uses butter (or oil) if you want. Quick and dirty method is just grind up the trim, saute it in the butter for like 20 minutes then strain out the plant material and use the butter in the brownie mix.

Here's a recipe, but there are millions and any of them will work: http://www.allpotseeds.com/pot-brownies.html

Try using about a gram of pot per serving, so about a half ounce for a tray. But you can use however much pot you have just keep track of how big a dose will be. Be careful though: it's easy to end up getting too stoned when eating baked goods. Try eating the equivalent of a half gram's worth (ie a half brownie) and waiting at least 2 hours. It'll take at least a half hour to an hour to kick in, don't eat more before you feel it! Classic mistake eating the whole pan :D

Newbierock
14-06-2009, 21:15
What I always did with leaves was just bang them into the old screen-pot, shake and keep adding till all the good shit comes off. Then maybe use the leafs for cooking or just smoke them on a VERY rainy day..

Ason Unique
14-06-2009, 22:13
Lol if someone gave me a bunch of leaves and I couldn't cook them, I'd save them and roll them up in a blunt or some shit.

xclusiv
14-06-2009, 22:42
hmmm. less THC in the leaves, since the leaves contain many important systems for the plant that aid in photosynthesis and, thus, production of energy (ATP) and glucose. so, yes, more leaves must be smoked to get AS high as smoking the buds. the bud have more THC in them, but I am not sure WHY. (like I don't know what the evolutionary advantage of the THC traveling to the buds is.)

FrostyMcFailure
15-06-2009, 00:02
cough* cough *BUBBLE* cough * cough*

butter good too but u can do that afterward anyway now cant you? Back in the 60 70 and 80s smoking/selling them was much more except ble then it is today.

monstanoodle
15-06-2009, 00:30
I don't think leaves actually produce THC, but that when the plant's growing (and is therefor sticky and moist) some of the trichomes stick to the leaves from the buds. Might be well wrong though.

michael$$
15-06-2009, 00:45
I reckon some of the THC sticks to the leaves because i had a cone of leaves & i felt a small buzz not intense stoned like when smoking buds though

trancetasy
15-06-2009, 02:42
how do you make the tea or hash

HOW TO MAKE MARIJAUANA BUTTER FOR TEA (using leaves)

INGREDIENTS
Butter: 2 sticks unsalted
Leaf Matter: 1 Pot=approx. 3 ounces (use less if using bud)

Bring 2-3 cups water and butter to boil. Add as many leaves as you can fit in your pan and cover with the butter/water mixture. Continue boiling for about 1 hour. Mash and stir frequently to make sure all THC is extracted from the leaves into the butter. After cooking strain butter from leaf using cheese cloth. Boil a cup of water and use it to rinse out every last drop of butter from the leaves. Be sure to squeeze the leaves well to get all the butter out. Put liquid in fridge (or freezer) to cool. When the butter has solidified pour off water. Butter will keep in fridge or freezer, but keeps best in cooked food!

making hash require butane gas which is dangerous so i wouldn't suggest it unless you know what you are doing

Caffeinated
15-06-2009, 04:21
Would it be reasonable to use the leaves to make a cannabis cigar paper? Regular cigar paper is made from tobacco leaves...I think I saw something about doing it with pot online once..

michael$$
15-06-2009, 09:07
dunno caffeinated but i got a small buzz off 1 cone of leaves

jsnake
15-06-2009, 12:20
They do have THC content, just less than the buds, obviously because they're thinner. Apparently they give you the giggles, but if so you'd need about 6-7 cones in a row for mid tolerance to get fucked I assume.

The Winner!!
15-06-2009, 20:59
I had several pounds of leaves at one point so for awhile I wasn't smoking bud and I would just roll fat blunts of the leaves and crumble them very very fine so i could pack more into the blunt. But then when I ran out and started smoking buds again it was great :>

(blunt, as in several paper joints, not really cigar blunts)

Cosmic Charlie
15-06-2009, 21:11
^
Cool Story Bro ;)

michael$$
16-06-2009, 09:45
will a joint filled with leaves get you high?

morphene
16-06-2009, 09:50
Yeah, it will. It will just be nasty and low potency. Kind of like getting drunk on cooking sherry I guess. You can do it - but I wouldn't. Leaves in baked goods or hash/hash oil though are great.

phatass
16-06-2009, 18:46
the leaves have a very very low THC content.. but some none the less

papasomni
16-06-2009, 18:50
throw the leaves away. they're not worth the hassel. thats my opinion. the leaves of an apple tree don't taste like apples because they are not the fruit, the apples are. the leaves of a marijuanna plant don't get you high because they are not the fruit, the buds are.

The Winner!!
16-06-2009, 21:47
What about sugar leaf dude? i've seen some pretty crystally leaves

tylerwashere
17-06-2009, 01:37
What about sugar leaf dude? i've seen some pretty crystally leaves

same, but i guess it doesn't compare to the amount of crystals on the nugs. i've heard that you can use the leaves to make tea, etc. but i also heard if you smoke them it gives you a really bad headache? thats why I'VE never tried it.

i got a good amount of leaves so maybe ill try it a little later

crazyhairman
10-07-2009, 14:47
dude u can smoke anything , u can smoke toilet paper if u want to , will it get u high probally not - smoking pot leaves wont get u backed but its healthyer than smoking toilet paper for sure lol, let me refraise - it might get u high if ur tolerance is super low but as for most stoners its kinda like smoking tea

jamaica0535
11-07-2009, 03:36
i had this really well grown stuff, it was beautiful bud with the exception that it did need to be trimmed up a bit, so i was like "i dont like looking at these leaves" so i plucked them off this bud, had about a bowl and decided to smoke it.....

got high as fuck.....

if the weed those leaves belong to was high quality it might get you pretty baked....

Cosmic Charlie
11-07-2009, 03:53
I always smoke leaves it gets yeah kinda buzzed

Why throw them out ?

justinw
16-07-2009, 06:30
If you're growing and have lots around, make a big batch of butter with them. No sense in wasting THC, but I think they're kinda nasty and harsh to smoke.

she phoenix
19-07-2009, 20:00
Listen to what all these clever people are saying - the leaves taste gross and don't get you that high. Don't waste 'em... cook em!

UN0uLyKiT
20-07-2009, 09:24
yep but u need alot. but it tastes like ass and is more harsh . waste of tym really, jus make up sum butter :) or oils if u got enuf

jrmr2468
20-05-2014, 11:48
I'm not so very experienced ( only had four to five grows ), but from my personal experience i can tell you one thing.. The leaves definitely get you high.... a joint of just leaves can give you a reasonable high... using a bong would give u better results.. donno why, but smoking them with a pipe didn't give even a reasonable high... it can be a lil hard on the throat.. but its just the same harshness u get on smoking a cigarette...

I know this is a very old thread, but the reason why i am responding to it is so that in-case someone ever lands on this page searching for an answer to a similar question, they'll get the answer.

Cuzie
20-05-2014, 12:59
I've done this before. Not with the big fan leaves, but with the little ones that get manicured off the buds. They were coated with crystals. Harsh as all hell but it'll do the job.

You can water cure them to help reduce the harshness. Just put them in a cup of water overnight and dry thoroughly.

spacejunk
20-05-2014, 13:14
Boil the leaves in milk or soy milk.
I can't imagine how bad "tea" with butter would taste.
Milk is quite nicely flavoured by cannabis, and the lipids mean you don't have to add butter (but you can increase the fat content with, say, cream).
Tastes good, comes on much faster than most "edibles" IME.

Dang 'Ol Stoner
21-05-2014, 19:32
Buds are actually nothing more than tiny, modified leaves with flowers growing between them. That said, cannabinoids can form on virtually any surface of the plant. Some strains are so potent that the buds run out of places for more keif to form, so it starts forming on the surfaces of the leaves. You know a bush is the real good shit when the leaves are frosted over. These are the kind of leaves you can smoke. If your leaves ain't covered in keif though, don't bother!
I usually use the leaves as a substitute for blunt wraps. The practice is actually quite common apparently, and the finished product is known as a magar

spacejunk
21-05-2014, 19:46
I also used to like using a little bit of really dry leaf in a joint. Not enough to really taste it.
It is pretty common for people to mix cannabis with tobacco where I live - some folks say it burns better.
A bit of leaf is a far superior 'mix' with some good bud IMO - both for taste and effects (l don't smoke or particularly enjoy, tobacco) plus it does not cause the same sort of health problems or addictive potential that adding tobacco to weed can create.

Cuzie
21-05-2014, 20:38
Oooh, never considered boiling the leaves in milk. Sounds like a great thing to sip on at breakfast.

Making wraps out of them sounds tasty too. Excellent ideas.

spacejunk
21-05-2014, 20:44
^ weed milk is delicious.
I can't recommend it enough; add a little hot chocolate or sweeten to taste...the perfect bedtime warm drink IMO ("breakfast of champions" also!)
Also works well with vaped bud. Recycling is where it's at :)