• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 12.6.09 - New killer cocaine on streets ( methylmethcathinone )

kingpin007

Bluelighter
By Kate Sikora

June 12, 2009 12:00am

0,,6668772,00.jpg

IT is a designer version of cocaine that has taken hold of the drug scene overseas and now it has surfaced in Australia.

Known as MCAT, the soft white odourless powder is the synthetic version of crack cocaine.

Users describe the form of methylmethcathinone as being like cocaine and ecstasy, giving off a euphoric feeling.

The Daily Telegraph has learned the drug is appearing in "small quantities" on Sydney's streets among the well-heeled who usually take cocaine.

NSW Police have seized small quantities of the drug from Kings Cross and Byron Bay.

Drug squad head Detective Inspector Nick Bingham said a large seizure had occurred last year in Queensland, where it was being sold as legal ecstasy.

"While methylmethcathinone is said to be an alternative to (ecstasy), the effects are more similar to that of methylamphetamine (ice/speed)," he said.

It is sold by the gram like cocaine for much the same price.

The active ingredient is methcathinone, harvested from the African plant khat, but it is mixed with other harmful substances.

Victoria's Burnett Institute researcher and pharmacist Fabian Kong said small amounts were being used by addicts.

Source: The Daily Telegraph

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25624456-953,00.html

Known as MCAT, the soft white odourless powder is the synthetic version of crack cocaine.

What the hell, where did that come from?

Otherwise, just the typical media scare tactics etc.

Have any BLer's indulged? Have yet to come across it Melbourne, although I have been very well behaved of late.

I haven't seen it in Perth, but I've also been pretty well-behaved lately.

Isn't that just mephedrone? Who would pay the same price for that as coke lol

Plus i've never heard it being called MCAT before.

that's weird.

seen plenty of synthetic coke around though. not since i had semi-regular dealings with it though, which was well over a year ago.

Hmmm... Dunno.

"Synthetically manufactured crack", apparently. Pff.

If they are talking about mephedrone, then first had it around a year ago in sydney. It's getting slightly more well known throughout the gay scene too...people calling it ''legal mdma'', but it's just plain old meph. Fuck paying the same price as a G of coke for it though!

If they are talking about mephedrone, then first had it around a year ago in sydney. It's getting slightly more well known throughout the gay scene too...people calling it ''legal mdma'', but it's just plain old meph. Fuck paying the same price as a G of coke for it though!

I think it is the same chemical compound. Typical journo beat-up.

There's been a flood of caps in hobart lately sold as mdxx, i dont think they even have whizz in them, I'm not into research chems but have a few friends who are who suggest that they're mephedrone caps... Yuk.

Have any BLer's indulged? Have yet to come across it Melbourne, although I have been very well behaved of late.

i've been offered it actually.
a friend of mine acquired some, and was trying to offload it on to me, was apparently gonna give me a point to try
hoping that ill like it and buy more

she's yet to follow through with it. =/

Wait a minute. Mephedrone is a white clumpy substance. U wouldnt need more than 150-200mg to get decent effects. Why is the capsule full if a standard 00 size capsule fits 0.9g? Why is it brown? And also mephedrone smells like cat piss.

Why did they seize it if its legal in Australia?

there is apparently alot of good coke around aussie at the moment ... so really why would people buy this shit if its the same price as coke ?

It is sold by the gram like cocaine for much the same price.

Sustanon and few others have said this stuff smells like cat piss (MCAT = cat piss ) lol .Only reason I can think of that people paying same price per gram as coke is because they are mentally challenged ..

Mephedrone is not brown, and a synthetic version of crack cocaine?! haha

I've had 6batches of mephedrone in the last few months, smell varied, some smelt like an old circuit board, some of vinegar.. but the best stuff doesnt smell as much for some reason.

Heres some pics of the crystally batch of mephedrone, its the best so far..

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/moonboots69er/?action=view&current=FILE0041.jpg

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/moonboots69er/?action=view&current=FILE0039.jpg

That is pure stuff. Those caps are either filled to the neck with some strange binder, or just something different altogether

There's a lot of 4-MMC doing the rounds right now in WA. I'm quite a fan of the substance, but that article is full of so much blatant bullshit I'm actually going to complain to the paper about that.

There seems to be two main batches going around, one relatively pure (probably about 80% + based on bioassay dosages), and one that's about 40% pure. You'll be able to tell the difference because the 40% pure batch needs like, 600-800mg to get a good kick out of it and if you look real close you can see the meph xtals in which what looks like probably lactose and caffeine.

I've had 6batches of mephedrone in the last few months, smell varied, some smelt like an old circuit board, some of vinegar.. but the best stuff doesnt smell as much for some reason.

because it's cleaner!

Wait a minute. Mephedrone is a white clumpy substance. U wouldnt need more than 150-200mg to get decent effects. Why is the capsule full if a standard 00 size capsule fits 0.9g? Why is it brown? And also mephedrone smells like cat piss.

Why did they seize it if its legal in Australia?

It's not legal in australia. And it's brown and weak because people are profioteering scumholes.