• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

30mg Of codeine phosphate (Opiates)

just eat them already! Don't worry, they are the weakest of the main opiates. I wouldn't exceed 4 for your first time. many yrs ago (i think i was 13) I was prescribed them for the first time. I immediately popped 3 of them and had my head around the toilet..so fact is, no matter what you take, you'll atleast probably feel something. and if that's not enough, take more the next time. simple

Yea, take 4 first time. Don't redose as Codeine actually inhibits the enzyme that metabolizes it into Morphine. And as for morning after effects, you may feel a tiny bit sluggish but it can be quite pleasant and it just puts a bit of a "cotton wool" effects to your senses.
If you take too much then you may get a headache when you wake, but that can be sorted with lots of fluids and some Ibuprofen.

in order to prevent tolerance from setting in...how long should i wait in between doses?

Sorry, I didn't have time to read this whole thread (ok, i didn't have the patience)...

Can someone tell me the reason why alot of people can't get a buzz from codeine or dihydrocodiene? Because i tried taking codeine to feel a buzz but i got no buzz. And i tried various dosages. I took the recomended buzz dose once and it just made me feel sick and very uncomfortable.

I read something about certain people not being able to metabolize codiene into morphine or something like that.
Can i get a better explaination please?

I've taken Dihydrocodiene for about 3 or 4 years now. Could that have something to do with not being able to cop a buzz from codiene?

How much dihydrocodeine were you taking to get a buzz?

Some people have an enzyme deficiency which means, codeine dosen't get O-demethylated into Morphine (which is what gets you high, not the codeine - it's a prodrug).

Last edited:
I've taken Dihydrocodiene for about 3 or 4 years now. Could that have something to do with not being able to cop a buzz from codiene?

... Would have been better if you'd told us this earlier. Yes, ofcourse it will.
Your tolerance is probably far too high to get effects from Codeine.

i took 3 X 30mg on Sunday...how long should i wait before i attempt my next dose so i dont get hooked or develope a tolerance?

How much dihydrocodiene were you taking to get a buzz?

Some people have an enzyme deficiency which means, codeine dosen't get O-demethylated into Morphine (which is what gets you high, not the codeine - it's a prodrug).

I took i think 8 x 30mg pills. I know its possible to take far more than this but i was already feeling very uncomfortable and nasea after 8 pills, so i'm not gonna try any more.

Note: I've never had the chance to try stronger opiates like Oxy, Hydro, or Heroin. Being in the UK sucks for acces ti Oxy, pr Hydro. Unless being in the UK has saved me from a very probably likely Oxycodin addiction. 'lol

Kratom doesn't seem to work on me either. I tried several different types and several different doses. Felt nothing.

Tried Poppy pod tea. My tollerance seems to be kinda high for those too, even though i've only tried twice and second time i doubled my dose to 10 pods of mixed size (large-medium). Didn't really feel anything this second time. Weird.

I wish it wasn't so hard or expensive for me to get an opiate buzz. 'lol :(

Maybe i have this 'enzyme deficiency'. Who knows.

can someone advice how long i should wait in between doses so i do not develope a tolerace?

i am very satisfied with the sensation i had from having 4 X 30mg

I have been prescribed Codeine Phosphate for around 6 years now, I take 5 tabs at a time first thing in the morning and yes, I still get a rush from them, even after all those years!!

In all honesty, I only take it for severe IBS but I totally see why people crave them. I love the feeling and have asked myself, if the feeling ended, would I take more? the answer is probably not!

I have hardly any tolerance to opiates except for daily use of tramadol but I don't know if that counts into the tolerance factor or not, but when I am out of tram and go get the codiene syrup that I sign for at the pharmacy. approx 120 mg really does nothing but makes me feel not sick, there is a little bit of euphoria but it always goes away in like 30 minutes. the whole bottle only contains about 200 something mg of codiene with guaif in it. so thats only like 2 doses

it's never bothered me yet... I read it can make u throw up, but I always take it on an empty stomach and sometimes drink beer later and I still haven't gotten the slightest bit nauseous

200 mg of codiene is 2,000 mg of guaif, I usually take 1200-1500 of guaif with each dose and have experienced NO side effects except coughing out lots of Phlegm that wasn't suppose to be there to begin with and I think thats a Plus

i never knew anyone who actually got a buzz from codeine phosphate. I took a handfull of those things when i was going through oxy withdrawal's and they didnt help at all. I itched like crazy but thats it. tylenol 3's suck as well.

Hey, you can't disrespect codeine man.

If you take codeine and somas together, you will get high, period.

to the OP. if you are not experienced in taking codeine for recreation and have zero opiate tolerance i would suggest starting with 90-120mgs of codeine ALONE. Wait to see hwo that affects you and if you find it is not enough then a a few days later when you try it again take a small therapeutic dose of xanax or Valium with your codeine dose. Keep in mind that a benzo increases the effects of the codeine by about 130%. So if you take 90mgs of codeine with a benzo it will feel like 120mg. if you take 120mg with a benzo it will feel like 180mg etc.

How much dihydrocodeine were you taking to get a buzz?

I see this all of the time. Codeine HAS to have some effect prior to being converted into morphine. It hits you with in an hour of taking it. That is an effect immediately upon hitting the bloodstream. If it were not active until converting to morphine it would take a few hours prior to taking effect. If i take a large dose of codeine i can feel warmth and looseness in my joints with in an hour of dosing.

I have been using codeine daily since Xmas 2008 and can still get a beautiful warm buzz from 65mg. Although my tolerence has increased slightly, I can still feel 30mg.

I understand that my metabolism is unusual in this respect as I've never heard of anyone taking such small doses recreationally. As ever, start low and work your way up. Most I've done is 120mg which was perhaps too strong!