Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bristol Man Charged With Creating Drug Factory At Farmington Hotel

Tchort

Bluelight Crew
6/7/2009

BristolPress

By Lisa Backus

FARMINGTON — A Bristol man with a history of drug sale convictions in that town was charged with operating a drug factory at a Farmington hotel Tuesday after the cleaning staff spotted burned aluminum foil commonly used to “cook” crack cocaine in his room.

Daniel Singleton, 51, formerly of 179 Robinson St., Bristol, was arrested when police investigating the claim allegedly found him with rocks of crack cocaine in plain view on room’s kitchen table.

Three women, including two from Bristol, were also arrested in connection with what police found in the hotel room, Lt. William Tyler said.

“After investigating, patrol officers executed a search warrant and found a long list of drugs, paraphernalia and items used in packaging and smoking crack cocaine,” Tyler said.

Police found a two-page list of drugs and drug-related items including 72 Oxycodone pills, dozens of anti-anxiety pills, 9.7 grams of marijuana, Xanax pills, varying amounts of crack cocaine, digital scales, plastic bags, several crack pipes, various other types of pills, aluminum foil, a hand-held torch and Fentanyl, which is commonly used to increase the strength of crack and heroin.

Singleton was carrying $1,041 in cash and small amounts of crack, marijuana and Percocet pills when he was searched, police reports said.

Bristol police confirmed Singleton has been arrested numerous times in their town resulting in a 2003 narcotics conviction, a 2007 drug sale conviction and a pending motor vehicle case in which he was charged with possession of narcotics with intent to sell in March.

The room was rented to Tricia Monteleone, 27, of 35 Pardee St., Bristol, who was called to return to the hotel when Singleton and Lisa Chamberland, 42, of 17 Putnam St. and Cathy Chambers, 40, of Meriden were taken into custody.

Police obtained a search warrant after Monteleone refused to give consent to allow officers to search the room. The foursome’s activities were discovered while staff was cleaning after Monteleone switched from a first-floor non-smoking room to a third-floor smoking room, police reports said.

Singleton was charged with more than a dozen counts including possession of marijuana with intent to sell, operating a drug factory, possession of narcotics, illegal possession near a school and illegal obtaining or supplying prescription pills.

He was held on $50,000 bond until his appearance in Hartford Superior Court Wednesday. A judge stipulated after his court appearance that he was not to possess drugs or weapons if released and ordered him held on $200,000 bond.

Monteleone and Chamberland face varying charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to keep drugs in the original container and illegal possession within 1,500 feet of a school or day care.

They were released on $10,000 non-surety bond and scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles/2009/06/08/news/doc4a2c66101a12d409199314.txt

Hey, that's about 3 miles down the road from me.

Bristol cops suckkkkkkk. They pull you over for NOTHING and harass. I've never seen anything like it.

^ Yep, I am almost certain that is bullshit lol. It is unbelievable the lies they come out with.

Rocking up coke in to crack now counts as a "drug factory" apparently, lmfao.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if its lies, misnformation, dumb logic, or dumbness in general

Where is this? From the title i thought this was in England but after reading im guessing this is somewhere in America but where is Bristol in the U.S.A?

Hmm yeah I wouldn't have minded partying with those fucks.. sounds like they had a decent stash.. I wonder if the fent was pharmaceutical or raw? prolly patches or lollypops but still..

^ I was thinking it would be raw since they claimed it was a cut. Then again for how full of shit the media is I suppose it could be in any form and they might still say it.

The impression I got is that he was (or was planning on) chasing Fentanyl with crack; most likely Durogesic/Duragesic patches. Just speculating.

It's laughable that turning Cocaine Hcl into Cocaine Base is all it takes for a charge of manufacturing/running a 'drug factory'.

Bristol is in Connecticut. I lived there for a year when I was a little kid.