Can Anyone Name Some Good Dark/Scary Hardstyle, Speedcore, or Hardcore Techno

The_Comrade

Bluelighter
my friend really wants to have a music induced bad tripp using evil sounding hardcore techno.

I have angerfist, noisia, black sun empire, and a few others.

if you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

shrooms + acid + scary techno ftw.

Counterstrike :D

Edit:
Sorry I just noticed you said hardstyle and speedcore. It's still dark though.

Last edited:
hmmm alright
i see you're going after "hardcore techno"
however if you want sort of darker sounding music Drum and Bass would fit perfectly.

If you're going to go down the DNB/Dubstep path the groups/artists i suggest are:

Evol Intent
Hive
Aphex Twin (stuff like Isopropanol, Digeridoo, Phloam, Come to daddy, etc)
Rusko
Zomby
Kalbata

---

For hard techno check out:

Boris S.
Industrialyzer
Lukas & Hardthor
Obi Aka Tobias Lüke
Marco Remus

---
now, for Hardstyle id go with

Zanza Labs
S.M.F
KAT
Tatanka

Last edited:
justice's live album "a cross america" might induce a bad trip. But I do love it.

Aphex twin is a good nominee with come to daddy and window licker. Although I did trip on acid once and it was all I could think of, and it didnt really phase me. I guess it just comes down to how hard or evil it sounds and your personality.

anything by DJ Tron.

check out Kindzadza too, his stuff isn't exactly evil but I can see how that shit would give you a bad trip.

damn, I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of hardstyle that happens to sound evil!

This song is a good contender...

DJ Zany mts. The Beholder - Fear Reigns Today

Hardstyle is very mainstream in Holland, went to Defqon 1 this year and I have to say, it was fucking awesome!! Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1giHXOUMwg.. Good stuff starts at 3 minutes. God damn I was rolling my ass off when the firework started!

Check the Noisecontrollers 2009 Defqon mix, it is very commercial but who gives a fuck?

bloodfist - industrial fucking strength - that was pretty hardcore

loftgroover
scorpio
rotterdam terror corpse
if you must
(still got boxes of the stuff meself tho)

why not go the london hard tech/acid tech screaming 303 way?
dave drummer/ chris liberator/ the geezer/ kektex/ stay up forever/ hydraulix/ maximum minimum etc etc

or ultimately

pm me and ill give you my own music in progress - sorry released tracks cant give free - but can give u a bunch of orrible scary stuff.

yummy.

tune of the (long gone) moment - kektex - inner city junkies
'avin it

If you want a music-induced bad trip then skip the music part and go straight into noise or dark ambient. It's so hard it's not even music anymore. Play it bloody loud, lie down, close yours eyes, relax and try to completely comprehend it.

But if you must have music of the hardcore variety, listen to some Outside Agency, as well as their solo projects as DJ Hidden and Eye-D. Omkara Techichi is good too, there's a live mix of his floating around somewhere. All very atmospheric and while not exactly the hardest hardcore producers, in my opinion they have more substance than most.

Beware - if your mate just wants to crank some hardcore while he's tripping, then he's more likely to have a bad trip from annoyance than fear. He's better off watching a scary movie.

Most of the Dutch Hardcore Techno of the 1990's was on the money, the Belgian stuff was also on it big time, Bonzai records was a cracking label back in the day..

Dutch example..

Bertocucci Feranzano - XTC Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzWx2ZXHR4

Belgium example...

Yves Deruyter - Rave City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5nd1rZK9ZM

To name but a few, but for old skool hardcore techno doesn't get much better imo..

headhunterz
donkey rollers
Dj Fausto
Brennen Heart
dj Tantaka

anything by DJ Tron.

check out Kindzadza too, his stuff isn't exactly evil but I can see how that shit would give you a bad trip.

Wow. I know this is old but I just need to say I am amazed at the replies. The above quote is the only fucking correct answer I see here. Who the hell is going to get a bad trip from some dutch gabber or drum and bass.

In fact the DJ Tron answer is so correct I myself have had a bad fucking trip on it that was so vivid DJ Tron himself literally shielded me from the venue security guards so they would not throw me out on the street with my mind in that condition. He knew what I was going through because it was his intention. And he had the biggest smile on his face knowing it worked. The experience was awesome.

RIP DJ TRON