• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Owing Someone Drug Money

Paragon

Greenlighter
Long story short, I met a guy who I told that I could get him a few hundred dollars (<500$) worth of drugs. The deal goes sour after he fronts me the money. I wind up with no drugs, and he is out his money. Now there is inherent risk in fronting someone money, but he doesn't seem to realize this. A few months have gone by, and he keeps pestering me to get his money back. I work with him, but I don't see him more than 2-4 times per month. I may be able to manipulate my work schedule so that I don't have to see him. He is leaving the city (and perhaps state) I live in come August, so I won't have to deal with him past that. I think he could attack me at work sometime, or possibly find my last name and address, and maybe slash my tires or break my windows. I highly doubt he'd seriously injure me over just a few hundred dollars. But I don't know him well enough to tell for sure. He loaned me the money back in December, and he set May 31 as the deadline for me to compensate him. I was going to go against my beliefs to repay him; however, he told me he would take the money from me if I didn't give it to him. So now, I'm two days away from the deadline, and I have yet to pay him. I haven't called him, and I'm not sure if he has called me; my cellphone screen got water damage and won't turn on.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate the situation? I really don't want to pay him, and I also don't feel bad for it because there is always a risk involved in fronting money, and I as well lost money in that deal. I think if I avoid him at work this may just blow over after a few threats or something. Mods please move rather than close if need be.

well you are right about there being a risk with fronting people but once you have the money it is your responsibility 2 make sure you dont lose it. if you dnt wanna pay him back i would atleast try 2 make it seem like i am paying him back make out a plan with him like you dnt got all the money and you will pay him alil bit every month

Your trying to avoid him when he trusted you with $500? You must have no conscience.

He trusted YOU with the money, so therefore YOU lost it (somehow?), so YOU'RE responsible for paying him back.

Pay him back and do the right thing. Don't be an asshole for fucks sake.

How am I an asshole? I had a reliable connection; I had done successful deals with said connect in the past. My co-worker learned about this and wanted in on the action. I didn't "lose" his money; it was basically stolen from me. If you invest in the stock market you don't beat up your broker or the company that tanked.

If I had given him money and said, hey get me XXX amount of drugs, and he comes back and says, "Yeah sorry but I got fucked over, I'm out 200$ in addition to what you gave me," I wouldn't expect to get reimbursed.

yea but this isnt stock this is way more coplicated what would you do if he lost 500 of your money

anything you say to him is just going to seem like a lie to him..yes fronting the money was a bad idea on his part. but you should just pay him back because you never know some people will do anything for money that they lost/had stolen.

yea but this isnt stock this is way more coplicated what would you do if he lost 500 of your money

I just told you what I would do; I'd be pissed off, but I would understand it wasn't his fault. I never intentionally fucked him over or did anything unwise with his cash.

^ don't ask questions if you've decided you don't want to hear the answer...

i know hindsight is 100% but you should have talked with your friend beforehand about what you would do in this eventuality.

alasdair

^If people can support their claims rather than just calling me an asshole, I am more than open to hearing their reasons.

I'm not sure I'm understanding how you "lost" his money. There seems to be more to this than you are telling us. So, be honest and tell us: What happened to the money?

Did you physically lose it? Did you spend it? Did you take the drugs and binge?

I'm not going to go into too much detail to prevent incrimination, but I will give you a similar situation.

I got his money and some of mine, I went to meet my connect, everything was normal, I hand over the cash, and the connect bolts. For some reason, I am unable to pursue, so I'm basically sitting on my ass after getting taken for 500$ There is no foul play or any sort of treachery on my part. My intentions were pure and honest. The money is now lining the pockets of the scumbag connect.

ahhhhhh...ok. If what you say is true, then that is obviously unfortunate. It can happen to anybody.

Did you explain this to the guy you owe the money to? If so, how did he react? What did he say?

That totally sucks, man. People who rip other people off like that are (as you said) scumbags. That's why it's so crucial to have a reliable, well intentioned dealer (I know, that sounds bizarre, but it's SO true!)

I HATE thugs.

You agreed to become the middle-man. He entrusted the money to you. I think you should be held responsible. 100%

However, considering this is the drug trade I can see how some people's personal feelings toward the 'morally right thing to do' could be different than mine. I'd suggest some sort of compromise instead of ducking out of all responsibility whatsoever. Split it? Suggest you give him back $250. Sure, you're out of pocket but you represented that you could get him his money's worth.

Unfortunately it sounds like you're past that point in this relationship. I think you should pay him back. You're playing a risky game by not paying him back.

If you're not concerned at all about morality and selfishness is at the forefront for you, I'd still rather pay someone $500 than have to worry about it like you have been.

It depends on how you discussed the transaction with coworker...

For instance, if you told him, "Yes, my connection is rock solid, no worries...etc" then it would seem that you are, at least to some extent, liable...

What type of drugs?

I implied that the connect had come through in the past (which was true). The drugs in question were Clonazepam and Alprazolam pills.

^^If I repay him even 250$, then I'm out 400$ and he's only out 50$ So I'm basically paying for a mistake that couldn't have really been prevented.

Haha you sound like an asshole because how would YOU feel if you'd given someone $500 and they got 'fucked over' or whatever the hell happened to you?

You are telling me, that you wouldn't hold them responsible for paying you back? Bwahaha dude, we all know you would. People dont just say "Oh no worries dude that shit happens all the time" 8)

At least give him half.

Or let him smash your car up?

Choice is yours.

Hayzzz...no need to call the guy an asshole. But I do agree that he should at least give the guy half

if someone said they could hook me up and I handed them 500 dollars, they would have to come up with a better excuse then their contact who they used before took the money and ran. It would most likely end up bad for someone. Avoiding him is just going to piss him off more I think. Find him some drugs or money. Or hunt down the scumbag that stole your cash and take it back from him.