• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The DMT Smell

I am often reminded of a strong amphetamine odor when around flowers or other flowering plants. Funny thing, that human brain, huh?

Yeh, I have had the same thing since an amphetamine binge years ago.

I believe it's working along the same type of mechanism as flashbacks and PTSD do. That's the only explaination I can give.

I often get the plasticy DMT smell spontaneously while walking through the street. Quantum, bro!

fresh shoes in a shoe store stacked box to box twenty feet up (freind)

or... jasmine magnolia

or "mothballs" ... (motherfucker)

ive gotten some d that comes out with xylene that smells like fruit though
no lies, do a xylene pull

Sure sure but don't you get jungle spice from xylene?

I dunno what the heckacrap is in there but purportedly
yuremamine and whathaveyounot...

Cool to know it's fruity though

Should have known, jungles often burst with fruit

^ I think it has been pretty much established that red jungle spice is not yuremamine. However, no-one still really knows what it actually is.

Huh would you look at that. Thanks for bringing me up to par man. Or should I say down in this particular instance.

you can check out the nexus for the composition of jungle d. they did a gc/ms and this dude has a whole article he wrote on it. its fascinating!

Hmm, if it's the same article the posted there a few months ago, I read it and what I understood from it is that the jungle spice composition is still pretty much unknown, at least as to what the actual active substance(s) is/are. There was some thorough discussion regarding possible candidates, and IIRC none of the results were conclusive and in fact most of the possible candidates were concluded unlikely to be the active substance in jungle spice.

Are you smoking it out of a bong?

It is much more efficient to use a meth pipe because the flame is not supposed to directly touch the dmt.

A vaporizer will also work.

yeah I have been using it out of my bong, maybe thats the problem. I would use my vape but it's not a very good quality vape and im scared of accidentally destroying the DMT

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a whiff of that smell too, cause I thought that there might have been something seriously wrong with my brain/nose. Out of all my friends I am pretty much the only one who gets a lot of flashbacks from all the acid we've done, while my friends who have been there with me almost every time do not, so I was a little concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened with me after salvia (yet to try DMT), everything just seemed to smell and taste like it. Hell, I would put my mouth on my bong to smoke some weed and I would sort of get worried that someone put salvia in it because my bong smelt/taste like it. Residue from any plant reminds me of it... i sort of relate back to my trip as well :[

It is much more efficient to use a meth pipe because the flame is not supposed to directly touch the dmt.

Where does one purchase these?

DMT id say is more plastic. Basically this kinda thing happens a lot, someone addicted will smell a smell thats not there. Heroin addiction is the worst cause quiet often you catch a wiff of the smell of diesel which aint there. Most the times i think its my head playin tricks on me but once on an NJ high way the smell was soo there i thought someone must have thrown suttin out a window at some point?

The smell... yes... the smell... P.S. clean your bong, might help. Somebody really enjoyed their trip...

A friend of mine was gonna use mimosa to extract 5meo and dosen't know how much he/she will get out of 120g(assuming it is done right) Anyone shed some light on this for me.

damn so addictions of your doc (or in my case my OLD drug of choice) will start making you smell the drug when you crave it? I thought that was just me in my cocaine days when ide have none i swear ide get a nice like wiff or "taste" of it in my nose wich drove me mad its long gone now, im so glad i stopped that shit.

Certain head shops should carry a meth pipe.

Mimosa hostilis contains 0.57% NN-DMT. Don't know the percentage of 5-Meo-DMT.

Is it like the smell of DPT?
DPT smells like grandpa.

Yeah it reminds me of DPT too!
Moth Balls is another thing that comes to mind, also come to think of it. it somewhat smells like freebase AMT too.

to me it smells exactly like the "fart gas" in a can that they used to sell in joke shops when i was a kid.

DMT smell.

Does DMT smoke smell alot? does the smell carry far? i want to do what i have right now but i dont want my roomates in the other room to smell. theyre asleep but im worried their will smell it later on.

It smells like plastic arseholes. I'd blow the waft out the window if it where I. T'isnt I but you just gave me an I-dea - meet ya by the third elf on the left ;)

PS: I wouldn't worry - men smell bad enough anyway so the DMT would be a relief if you're sharing a room with one. It lasts as long as a juicy fart lingers - if youd leave the room to guff then maybe toke out the window but otherwise I'd just go for it.