PDA

View Full Version : The DMT Smell

Pages : 1 [2]

jamaica0535
19-12-2010, 08:21
Those who know don't care, those who care don't know what DMT smells like.

Burn some incense, open a window and it will go away....

DMT + Weed = One of the most comforting smells i can name.

I smoke DMT off weed when i have it to smoke, and attending a shpongle show, someone smoked some, smelled mix with weed so maybe in a blunt or joint.... But you could just see the hippies looking around for the source of it.... Or just trying to catch a wiff of it, when your tripping face in a crowded room of people, its strange that it would be as comforting as it is, but i find it calming.

For me DMT is a very intense experience, but at the same time it is not at all incoherent. My thought processes are still very directed and understandable.... This state is comfortable to me.... It has a feeling of something very familiar, but utterly foreign and new at the same time.

Smoke a blunt with DMT in an enclosed space and there will definitely be a slight odor to your clothing.

In the end though, unless you have smoked it or seen it smoked, you probably do not know what it smells like burnt. And if you have smoked it or seen it smoked, if you were to smell it, you would probably just try and figure out who it was to be their friend at the very most.

IGNVS
19-12-2010, 16:35
noggin asked a few questions that are easily answered without debate. the thread is over.

Does DMT smoke smell alot?
yes

does the smell carry far?
like into other rooms that room mates might be sleeping in? yes, it will permiate out of your room slowly, but the smell is easily masked by incense and an open window. if you really need to (and if your coordinated enough whilst completely tripping balls) you could use a paper towel tube stuffed with laundry sheets and stuff a towel under your door while you have the inscense going with an open window.

i want to do what i have right now but i dont want my roomates in the other room to smell. theyre asleep but im worried their will smell it later on.

if your that paranoid save it or go do it in the snow (if you live up north somewhere) with a bunch of jackets on... its nice to do in the cold.

if you live in the south then just go outside and do it in a field or under a tree or somewhere cool.

on second thought if you live up north definitely build an igloo and do it in there. yeahhhhhh=D=D problem (not only) solved (but made a fuckton better)

DwayneHoover
19-12-2010, 17:42
yep, raw extracted DMT I have (I think from Mimosa), highly purified and washed so it is beautiful clear crystals... still has a wonderful smell almost like Jasmine.

- Is this what raw totally synthed DMT smells like too, or is it a result of botanical extraction?
- Does it smell like burning plastic when smoked like some cannibaloid chems smell like, or is there still a flowery aspect?

Oh, also, 5-meo-DMT (pure synth I presume) I have also has a STRONG jasminey smell, quite striking. It's uniquely interesting that when I've done it sublingual dissolved in vodka there is almost no bitterness... almost tastes nice... I wonder if this nearly natural almost pleasant smell/taste is due to DMT being an endogenous element of our brains? Just a theory, curious what you all think about the idea.

Jblazingphoenix100
19-12-2010, 19:53
go for it - it's seriously quick. Make sure you have the door locked.

But yeah, it really REALLY stinks, especially if you burn it by accident.

But the smell does disappear quickly, unless you're smoking changa.

Mitchi
19-12-2010, 20:05
As someone wrote in the thread. It smells like new shoes. VERY new shoes ;)

Jblazingphoenix100
19-12-2010, 20:39
yeah man, proper!!

Moth balls...new shoes - it stinks.

I've actually never smoked any of the pure pure white/translucent crystal on it's own - always combine it with the yellow/orange grades I extract - gotta smoke some to smell this floral jamsiney smell though now...mmm jasmine.

TheAppleCore
19-12-2010, 21:11
DON'T smoke DMT if you're worried about someone smelling it. You'll just have an anxious trip.

The Hebrew Hammer
19-12-2010, 21:32
Mitchi, sad to see trolling still prevalent on this forum.

I wouldn't say it "stinks" But it is a very "strong", very peculiar odor.

I agree with the those who know don't care and those who care don't know philosophy.

But sometimes people are just ridiculously curious, so while they may not notice it as a "drug" smell.... they may decide to locate the source of the scent out of curiosity, which could be difficult....

you; coming out of DMT trip

room mate: "whats that smell"

you; "What..... the.... fuck!!!!!!!!!.... are you........?!?!?"

DwayneHoover
19-12-2010, 21:45
But sometimes people are just ridiculously curious, so while they may not notice it as a "drug" smell.... they may decide to locate the source of the scent out of curiosity, which could be difficult....

You can just say one of your dirty socks fell on the hot plate while you went to the bathroom and when you got back it had stunk up the room all weird, haha! I doubt they'll question much further beyond that. Whip out a skanky sock and start toward them... "See, look here, smell this.." and they will be all "OK OK never mind" and go running away. Might be worth getting a little tea-cup warmer hot thingy to have around as an excuse... as well as a pungent old sock, of course, haha =D

The Hebrew Hammer
19-12-2010, 21:50
You can just say one of your dirty socks fell on the hot plate while you went to the bathroom and when you got back it had stunk up the room all weird, haha! I doubt they'll question much further beyond that. Whip out a skanky sock and start toward them... "See, look here, smell this.." and they will be all "OK OK never mind and go running away." Might be worth getting a little tea-cup warmer hot thingy to have around as an excuse... as well as a pungent old sock, of course, haha =D

Try to execute that 30 seconds to 1 minute inside of the DMT experience... haha ... not easy to say the least...

But yeah, there are plenty of excuses that wont warrant further curiosity... my point was just that if they come in WHILE you are tripping, it could be difficult to explain.

toocoolforschool
19-12-2010, 23:41
In short, pure, clear crystals have a light and plesant odor aparently reminiscant of jasmine that could easily be played off as an incense.
if it is orange it is most likely because of plant fat which when burnt resembles the burning of animal fat, or hair.
my favorite phrase i've heard for the smell of DMT was DMT smells like burning old people.
however if some sources also contain trace amounts of amphetamines that could also be extracted with the DMT contributing to the smel in another way.

it realy depends on the quality of your substance.

Project Will
20-12-2010, 00:35
DMT varies in smell: new nike shoes, cat pee, moth balls, sweet/flowery, burning plastic, or a combination of these.

Quit with the racism talk, you are reading too much into a harmless comment.

Hangover
20-10-2013, 12:46
God I hate the smell of burn DMT, just smelt my pipe from yesterday, its awful!!

Don't hate on me bumping a 3 year old thread :p

porkstock
20-10-2013, 20:49
Maybe its my own DMT that im smelling in my pineal gland??

doubtful. i don't think you can smell your pineal gland. and i'm not sure that it's even been shown that DMT exists in our pineal gland. maybe it does..

my guess is its something bacteria in the back of the throat produce, a certain type thats probably always there but in limited ammounts. my guess is if i had enough time isolating all the bacteria in the back of the throat in a lab or something i could culture the colony that has that effect. probably just gets overpopulated some days and causes the breath.

you, my friend, are onto something.

DMT smells the way it does because it's an indol.

copy and pasted from the wiki page for indol: "Indole is a solid at room temperature. Indole can be produced by bacteria as a degradation product of the amino acid tryptophan. It occurs naturally in human feces and has an intense fecal odor. At very low concentrations, however, it has a flowery smell,[2] and is a constituent of many flower scents (such as orange blossoms) and perfumes."

and this is why we can get whiffs of "dmt" in odd places. when i was using it semi-frequently, i started smelling it in the lab, when using (non-pathogenic) E. coli (bacteria).

i also got this phenomenon with 2ce. in this one random hallway at my school, i would "smell" what 2ce tasted like. it was like it was in the air..
that one i can't quite explain, except that it's some sort of nostalgic brain trick.

zn13bt
20-10-2013, 23:13
If Grandma could shit mothballs, they'd smell like DMT.

Ballz_Trippington
21-10-2013, 01:49
The trademark DMT smell is caused by the skatole that's in it. It reminds me very much of the smell of new sneakers or contact cement. DPT has a very very similar scent.

TruffulaTree
28-10-2013, 15:04
sometimes I randomly get the taste of shrooms in my mouth...never really thought about it significantly until I saw this thread though

Transform
30-10-2013, 17:50
The smell of DMT is certainly distinct from indole or skatole itself, which is unsurprising given that plant-derived DMT should not contain any of either - degradation pathways ex-vivo will not produce them.

Help?!?!
30-10-2013, 23:46
IMO purer DMT will be colored mainly white unless you messed up a bit on the extract, otherwise it will always have a smell of slightly floral type, when burnt though oh god is it noxious! It's even pretty bad when you vape it perfectly, but that's what mints/gum/etc. are for! Some of you may stumble about recklessly but I find until about 60mgs it's fairly easy to maneuver as long as someone doesn't bust down your door to ask what the smell is when your getting the "rocketed to the moon!" come up, but then I would probably just stammer and make some stupid excuse. Or maybe just turn it back on them and flip the switch, and be like...."When was the last time you've bathed" or "We haven't cleaned this shithole in months...what doesn't smell..?" whilst giving them a grossed out look, so they hopefully walk away in shame.....

I would pay for to see a video of someone smoking DMT then say a roommate busts in and is like "IS THAT DMT I SMELL?!?", "I TOLD YOU NO SMOKING IN OUR APARTMENT" whilst the roommate on DMT just stares all spaced out at them.....

Psychonautical
31-10-2013, 00:34
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole

thats the smell you are looking for!!

dan k
31-10-2013, 19:24
i love the smell of a tire-fire.

ZFC
31-10-2013, 19:55
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole

thats the smell you are looking for!!

And according to this other wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aroma_compound#Amines), the fragrance associated to indole is..........

bunnyhentman
31-10-2013, 20:17
Is it like the smell of DPT?
DPT smells like grandpa.

Funny, I always say DMT smells like grandmas -- camphor/mothballs, flower perfume and dust with a little mildew.

[ÚS]Infinite
01-11-2013, 02:55
I've found that tryptamines have a sort of floral smell to them. I've never smoked DMT, but 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 5-MeO-DMT all had fairly similar smells when smoked. They were quite different from how everyone else reports them to be, which I found surprising.

lovepsychadelics
01-11-2013, 04:44
Plastic mothballs. Unless changa (smokable freebase DMT blend) then it smells like plastic mothballs and funky plant material.

TDOOMX
02-11-2013, 16:05
haha yes

nativenick
29-12-2013, 19:37
Is it like the smell of DPT?
DPT smells like grandpa.

lol this reminded me of the tomaco episode of the simpsons when ralph eats tomaco and is like "ew it tastes like grandma"

Psychonautical
30-12-2013, 16:56
Anyone else notice that acacia dmt, smells different than Mimosa DMT.

I don't mean by a large factor or anything like that. But there is definitely a difference.
I almost think Acacia DMT smells like Cherries slightly.

Blue Druid
11-01-2014, 17:24
Love the smell of DMT, slightly random but I once visited the Blue mosque (Sultan Ahmet Mosque) in Istanbul and the smell of whatever insense they were burning there was exactly the same as DMT.
I did try to track down what it was but had no luck. I see there's a few references here to DMT smelling like Jasmine, maybe that's it. Don't really know what Jasmine smells like but I'll try & find out so I can compare.

Black
11-01-2014, 18:04
there are definitely some flowers with a scent very similar to or maybe even identical to dmt. in summer walked past some of these every day. it's not just in our heads. everyone i know who has had experienced dmt immediately noticed it.

Octarine
12-01-2014, 00:40
Aha good thread! DMT has such a distinct smell that lingers for sometime. Haven't done it in a year, and the pipe STILL has that peculiar smell.

Personally I love it, as soon as I smell it, I have vivid memories of hyperspace.

Happy trips BLers

sassafractL
12-01-2014, 02:34
Glad i founds this. I often used to get a very distinct whiff of deems when i smoked it more often. You know, that new shoe smell. Like foot locker

SoonAJunkie
13-01-2014, 13:48
Dmt smells like naphtha...guess why

phantomcosmonaut
13-01-2014, 14:21
It only smells so bad because you're burning it, DMT is not supposed to be smoked. It smells like moth balls when vaporized and the smell goes away very quickly...hardly even sticks to the piece you're using. It's a very light but thick smell, I like it.

SWIM Had A Dream
22-01-2014, 10:59
Smells like the flip flop section of old navy

mi5
26-01-2014, 22:36
^ I think it has been pretty much established that red jungle spice is not yuremamine. However, no-one still really knows what it actually is.

I hope we do one day.