Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dextroamphetamine prescribing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbet

Bluelighter
Hey

In WA, can dextroamphetamine or ritalin be prescribed by a GP, or must they only be prescribed by psychiatrists?

Thanks

Dude....dex not dextro.
My young fella has them (autistic) and they are prescribed by his pediatrician. Dunno about a GP but i guess yes.

Having said that....a couple of ritties and some Beam goes down very nice...mmmmm

I hope your not thinking of pilfering medication from an autistic person. I know this probably wont change you doing such a thing is fucking disgusting! . . . .

I hope your not thinking of pilfering medication from an autistic person. I know this probably wont change you doing such a thing is fucking disgusting! . . . .

Settle dude...its my son!!!!!!!

And it just means that i get the repeat script sooner....thats all

Peace people xxx ;)

i used to take "dexies" that had to be prescribed by a psychiatrist (in wa) as far as i know. Whenever we needed more after the repeats had finished we had to go back and see him.

Turns out i didn't have adhd :p

No. Your local GP cannot prescribe Dexamphetamine in WA. They can only be prescribed by a practitioner that is registered to do so..i.e. psychiatrist or paediatrician

It is a schedule 8 substance so the script has to be authorised by the State health department before it can be filled. This requires that

1. You must have a condition for which dexamphetamine is indicated -- i.e. AD(H)D or narcolepsy.

Each condition has a set of specific criteria that you must meet before a diagnosis can be made. If you are under 18 you will have a tough time faking ADHD, the criteria have gotten quite strict thanks to the West Australian and its articles on "kiddie speed" basically everything has to be backed up with evidence i.e. school reports, teacher interviews etc

2. Your doctor must have the authority to make such a diagnosis. That is be a registered prescriber.

So in short -- your GP cant diagnose ADD and cant prescribe you dex BUT they can give you a referral to someone you can

SO DONT ASK YOUR GP FOR DEXIES because if you do you're no chance of getting a referral to a psych. If your condition is real just tell your doc about the symptoms you are experiencing and why you think you need a referral

If your in W.A you will have to see a G.P to get a refferal for the psychiatrist closest to you without the refferal you will not get a rebate from medicare if your over 18 you pretty much have to able to prove you had ADHD before the age of 7 and if you can do that you be given a months worths and then go back and if all goes well given a 6 month prescription then go back again.

Dam, what i feared. Was prescribed dexes by a psych but kinda skipped appointments and jumped off them for a while. Now I've realised i need them and there's prob a 2 month waiting list for an appointment with the psych. Too bad

You also will be needing to get a urine test every 6 or 12 months now, and ONLY a psychiatrist can prescribe it due to the recent law that has been passed.

Oddly enough, I should have been on these for a good few years now.

ADD tendencies and studying for a degree for the loss!

U motherfuckers sicken me. Mr. Blonde why hasnt this thread been close das of yet. Honest to god, we got an old fucktard up on this website going on about stealing his sons Ritalin and Combining it with alcohol WHICH IS VERY FUCKING DANGEROUS and could land u in the EU overnight stay. Mr Blonde please close/delete this thread immediately. And No TO THE ORIGNAL DOCTOR SHOPPER OP, Dex can only be prescribe dby a peadiatrician and a psychiatrist, NOT A FUCKING GP!

Status
Not open for further replies.