Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crankinit, too much APAP, which can be as little as 4g for some people, but normal closer to 7g leads to liver damage. From what I hear APAP liver damage is really painful too. If you do your filtration properly you should only get 1-1.5g of APA, so it's no worse than taking 2 normal tablets. Long term use or multiple does daily could give you trouble though. Drinking alcohol increases the stain on your liver too, so it's probably best to avoid it when using codeine.

Yeah I understand the strain it puts on your liver, I'm just curious about the fact that Peaked was experiencing issues even doing a CWE, and about how much he must have been using to have a damaging intake of APAP.

That's a nice idea about leaving it in the fridge overnight, I might try it next time.

GFJ doesn't potentiate codeine. It would make the high last longer but would actually lessen the effects. Seeing as how it's a pretty weak opiate to begin with I would think you would want it to hit as hard and fast as possible!

yeah, my bad, i meant to say i use doxylamine to potentiate and GFJ to prolong it. using them together makes it hit harder and i get the warm fuzzies longer than i usually would using with something like promethazine and no juice or just codeine along. it still doesnt last that long compared to other opiates/oids that i use, maybe an hour to 90mins max, but it's nicer than the usual 30mins. the doxy makes for extra muscle relaxation which is what i really love about codeine.

yeah, my bad, i meant to say i use doxylamine to potentiate and GFJ to prolong it. using them together makes it hit harder and i get the warm fuzzies longer than i usually would using with something like promethazine and no juice or just codeine along. it still doesnt last that long compared to other opiates/oids that i use, maybe an hour to 90mins max, but it's nicer than the usual 30mins. the doxy makes for extra muscle relaxation which is what i really love about codeine.

Is there anything OTC thats like Codeine?

^ Codeine! :)

Interesting. I noticed in the chemist the other day a generic Strong Pain Relief with Calmaltive which was the normal codeine/paracetamol tabs with doxylamine. Way too much though to consider for extraction! Might get some doxylamine separately and try it though. Does it actually truly potentiate codeine - is it a CYP2D6 inducer?

I can't see how this would work with the GFJ though - basically you're taking a CYP2D6 inducer and an inhibitor! It can't work both ways...

doxy isn't a cyp2d6 inducer as far as i know (and searched), but being an anti-histamine i've always related it with being a potentiator:\ i've previously been prescribed mersyndol forte (30mg codeine/12.5 or something like that of doxy) which is the way to go if you're getting a codeine/doxy mix. i've bought those calmatives before and like you said it's an expensive extraction.

im not going to lie i don't know a great deal about inducers and inhibitors, but i know how to get the best bang for my buck:D mixing the doxy, GFJ and codeine has always been a good result. it's worth a shot in my opinion.

^ I actually meant that if you extracted from those tabs with calmative you would end up with way too much doxylamine. How much do you usually take?

I tried a generic pharmacy brand of ibuprofen/codeine (200/12.8 ) and only about half the amount of solids ended up in the filter compared to normal. I refiltered twice through a coffee filter and didn't get much more solids. So idk what was happening there, maybe the brand I usually use just has more binders and stuff, but like I said there was only about half as much as usual in the filter. Avoid the pharmacy brand!
Mods, is it ok to say which pharmacy brand it was, other ones I've tried have been fine.

sorry for asking a dumb question but does codeine settle at the bottom of the glass with ibuprofen once left to cool down?

^ Nope. The extraction works because the codeine is dissolved into the water easily and the other stuff doesn't dissolve much at all. So the codeine is in the water and won't precipitate out by itself.

I'd still recommend performing a filtration rather than just skimming the water off the top.

Yeah it seems kind of silly to not just filter it. If you're using iboprofen like you said it probably won't kill you, but taking too much ibuprofen will still be a very uncomfortable experience. Filtering only takes a few minutes, why not just get it over with?

^ I actually meant that if you extracted from those tabs with calmative you would end up with way too much doxylamine. How much do you usually take?

about 30mg gets me nice and relaxed but around 60-75mg is what i use to get a buzz with the codeine. what i do with the calmatives is extract it and just divide it up into other extractions that i've done.

i've spent at the least $85+ on codeine over the last 2 weeks:\ i'm looking forward to getting back on my fentanyl this week.

Jesus dude, that's quite a habit considering how cheap the stuff is. Have you been using it to stave off opiate WD's?

shit, come to think of it i prob spend about the same amount on it per fortnite

i only realised how often i was consuming wen i looked in my bin next to me
and seen it was full to the brim with mainly codeine boxes and blister packs .

and am just about to add to the pile once again .. hmm

^considering codeine is one of the weaker opiates it can take a hold of you like any other and because it's OTC it's so easily accessible. just be careful with your use:) try and moderate it as much as possible because coming off any opiate after an extended time isn't fun.

Jesus dude, that's quite a habit considering how cheap the stuff is. Have you been using it to stave off opiate WD's?

yeah bro, keeping away as much of the wd's as possible (the first few days anyway) and pain to a minimum. it's been an expensive and painful lesson not to abuse my script like i did:|

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm yeh , it started off for just wen i had run outa my benzo scripts n need some form of sleep aid . then soon went on to taking both anyway ..

havent noticed any wd symptons as of yet , have gone 4-5 days without easily .

i need to find a new hobby or some shit me thinks, because boredom is pretty much the reason i decide i need to get high, eiher that or to get rid of any social anxiety .

Was sold 'Pharmacies Choice' Ibuprofen + Codeine. Pretty good value at 12.8mg x 96 for xx bucks, but I've never done an extraction with ibuprofen before, will see how it goes and report back.

Ok, I've got it filtering now, I think I may have the same brand as Blau1005 mentioned earlier because the liquid was nowhere near as thick as usual, and it looks like there's less solids in the actual filter. Also the liquid dropping out into the cup is a lot foggier than normal.

Not sure if I want to drink it :/ It's ibuprofen so it won't kill me, but it might make me feel like shit for a while. I'll let the process finish and see how it looks. If anyone has any experience with this brand (or similar) please chime in!

Ok, the less mass left inside the filter is obviously accounted for when I remembered that these pills only have 200mg ibuprofen, instead of 500mg APAP, so in reality there should only be 40% the weight left inside the coffee filter.

I'm still kind of concerned about how foggy the liquid is though, I might run it through another filter because there's a lot of 'something' in there, and I don't know if it's binders or ibuprofen or what, but obviously something got through that doesn't get through from the APAP/Codeine pills.

Looking through an archived thread I googled, apparently a lot of people have had similar issues with ibuprofen. Oh well, I'll filter it again and hope for the best, worst case scenario it makes me sick for a few hours and I can count it for a learning experience.

Well, it appears the extra filtering achieved nothing as far as getting additional solids out of the mixture. Bottoms up, let's see how this goes.

And it tastes as foul as ever :|

Last edited:
For me theres no point doin a CWE. Ive tried diff types of pills and extractions and none have worked. Anyone have the same prob? I take 5 nurofen plus and it gets me where i wanna be.

Last edited:
Ok so the ibuprofen extraction worked well. Seemed just as strong as the normal APAP one I do, and not feeling any side effects from whatever amount of ibuprofen I took. It's a nice weight off my mind not having to worry about my liver as well.

That extract actually feels stronger than the normal one, maybe more got through because there was less solids left in the filter to hold the codeine? I'm still feeling quite a buzz, which would normally have more or less worn off by now.

Last edited:
^i've always found that there's always a little fogginess to the ibuprofen extracts if i havent left them overnight or for however long it takes for all the ibu to settle to the bottom and sludge up. i've never suffered any ill effects from it either. if left overnight the solution comes out almost clear after the filtering.

i've actually been favouring the codeine/ibu mixes because the ibu forms a nice thick sludge on the bottom of the cup leaving a nice clear solution on top that's easily filtered. and if you'ren that pedantic about getting all water from the sludge you can add an extra 20mL or so of water, give it a quick swirl and filter it.

Yeah man. My stomach felt a bit sore once the actual codeine wore off, but otherwise it was smooth. With the higher codeine content in the pills you get more bang for your buck as well, and you use less water = less foul tasting fluid you have to drink.

for sure, the ibu ones are good value. when i first started doing my extractions a few weeks ago i was getting sore in the stomach region from the paracetemol, probably because i was rushing them and using up to 3-4 extractions a day which would have resulted in there being an amount of apap that would have been irritant.

i'll never get over the taste:| i stop and think about it everytime im about to swig it down and it makes me shiver

Status
Not open for further replies.