Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately the tablets in Sydney work in a CWE! Chemists Own pain tabs! 100 at 10mg = happiness :)

Well thats what i used. It actually cost the price of 2 cheeseburgers haha it was on special and said max 3 per customer. Didnt get anything out of it. Tell me if my procedure was incorrect and if i can learn something new:)

Has anyone here had experience with average GPs treating codeine addiction? I really need to quit and can't get any benzos so its off to the doctor. I do a fair bit and have tried and failed to quit by myself. I normally do 1-2 doses of 500mg a day. As soon as it reaches the 2-3 day and the bad cramps and shits come on I can't help but go out.

Any advice on what to tell my doctor so they can treat me properly?

I can't offer advice on the GP part, however ..

When I was regularly using, I tried on a few occasions to just stop, and I couldn't deal with the side effects. I found tapering the dose to be much more effective. Maybe you'd find such a tactic helpful too. Essentially you lower your dose in small increments over a period of a few weeks. I started by dropping my dose from 400 to about 340mg. Once I got used to that (maybe a week) I lowered it again to 280mg. I kept at it until I was only having a small dose each day that barely gave me any effects (but kept the side effects at bay). Finally when I did attempt to stop, it was much easier, and the withdrawal was minimal (but still unpleasanant).

Any ideas? cos im bloody confused. 5-6 nurofen pluses gets me where i like to be. I dont have tolerance at all.

In my opinion, half an hour is not long enough for the codeine to properly disolve into the water. I always leave the solution for a bare minimum of 45minutes. Often, I've been craving a dose and started it filtering early (30 mins) - every time without fail the effects have been minimal and dissapointing.

There is no need to put it in the freezer, the fridge will be fine (and room temperature isn't, generally speaking, really that bad either).

I've also found that some brands tend to leave alot of codeine in the gluggy filter (or something:\). For instance, Pharmacy choice brand "Strong pain relief" - I used these the other day, and the effects from the inital extraction were minimal at best. The trick is to perform a second wash.

After the first procedure, you are left with a glass of filtered water, and a funnel with a filter above that glass. Simply place the funnel/filter over another, empty glass, then add about 30ml's of cool water to it and allow it to drip through, as per the usual method.

A second wash on the previously mentioned brand gave me highly noticable effects. It's not just that particular brand which seems to have this problem in filtering either. In general I've found it to happen with many of the white, tabsule shaped generic pills.

At any rate, a second wash is worthwhile even if you do get effects from the first lot. I've gotten noticable effects from the second with all the good brands, which leads me to wonder just how inefficient the extraction process really is.

^Doing a 2nd wash is kind of pointless. You may as well add that water to the first lot, this way you'll end up with a less pasty solution.

And it kind of defeats the purpose of the CWE - you want to use as little water as possible, doing further washes is probably only going to get more paracetamol/ibuprofen, all the codeine should go through in the first wash as long as it's not too pasty. I reckon 2.5ml water/tab is pretty much perfect.

Sustanon, try using tap temperature water instead of really cold water. Tabs will dissolve easier too. Crush your tabs in a mortar and pestle, or under a glass, then put in water and stir to dissolve in about two mins. Wet an old tshirt or boardshorts, form a little 'pouch' and put the solution in. Twist the top of the 'pouch' so no solids can escape, then squeeze until all the filtrate has escaped. Comes out a little cloudier but works every time, and you'll be done in 5 mins instead of 2 hrs!

Last edited:
Targeted Pills:

Chemist's own 100 pills/bottle w/ 10mg codeine/500mg paracetamol.

23 pills (230mg codeine) dissolved in 50 ml tap water. Placed in freezer for 30 mins and stirred once/twice.

Filtered through mums small wire mesh thingie used to filter soups n shit. Then wetted a coffee filter and attached it to a glass with a rubber band. Poured mixture in the filter and took about 2 hours to filter. End result was a very clear water solution that was appx 50ml, same amount as i started off with. Got rid of quite a bit of gak.

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0106gzn.jpg/
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/img0107hjx.jpg/

Dosed: 9:00 pm - 230mg suspended in 40-50 ml water
9:35 pm - Nothing

Any ideas? cos im bloody confused. 5-6 nurofen pluses gets me where i like to be. I dont have tolerance at all.

These pills are the bomb, so its definately not a problem with the product. I think you've filtered too well and filtered out mostof the codeine. I'd try it again and not bother with the freezer. Mix your pills with the tap water (we use a shaker thingy with a lid and shake) and shake/mix til dissolved. Then just let it sit at room temperature for about 15-20 mins.

I filter it through 1-2 paper towels which have been wet with water, do this a few times, with fresh paper towel if needed.

The resulting liquid should be a little bit whitish. From experience, when you get it totally clear its either very weak or doesn't work. I'm assuming that the codeine's been filtered out. When its mostly clear, with just a vague opaqueness the majority of the paracetamol will have been filtered out and you will DEFINATELY get high unless you have a huge tolerance or can't metabolise it, which you clearly can cos the 5 neurofen plus effected you. The amount of paracetamol in the liquid wont hurt you unless your doing it multiple times every day for ages.

Thats my advice anyway :) So far its worked every time.

EDIT: I forgot, like Peaked said, do a second wash. Its more gross liquid to drink, but you'll get more out of it!

Last edited:
In my opinion, half an hour is not long enough for the codeine to properly disolve into the water. I always leave the solution for a bare minimum of 45minutes. Often, I've been craving a dose and started it filtering early (30 mins) - every time without fail the effects have been minimal and dissapointing.

Honestly, I've rarely left it more than 10 minutes or so, and I've never noticed it to have any real effect on the outcome.

Honestly, I've rarely left it more than 10 minutes or so, and I've never noticed it to have any real effect on the outcome.

So long as you cant see chunks floating about and the mixture is homogenous then I agree!

Sustanon: what did the solution taste like? It should be bitter, really bitter. Almost makes you want to vomit... lord knows it does to me.

^ my throat clenches up slightly just remembering the taste.

Someone needs to come up with a new way of ingesting it tbh. Can't IV it, can't snort it, can't plug it, very hard to dry out and reduce to powder. Hmm....

How much liquid can fit into a gelcap?

Sustanon: what did the solution taste like? It should be bitter, really bitter. Almost makes you want to vomit... lord knows it does to me.

It tasted awful just like sucking on a lemon skin. Could bearly get it down. BTW i used tap water and then popped it in the freezer for 25-30 mins then filtered.

^ the smell activates my gag reflex!!!

It would be helpful if it wasn't so damn heat sensitive! Then it would be awesome to dry out and capsule! You'd need to eat a tonne of capsules but it would be worth it to avoid that taste.

Yep, no need to leave it sitting at all. As long as you break up the tabs (doesn't have to be to a powder, large chunks dissolve just as quickly) and stir for a couple of minutes in tap water, that's fine. There should be no chunks left and it should be not too pasty (again, I reckon 2.5ml/tab is perfect).

If you're at all worried about what's getting through the filter, use ibuprofen tabs as at least that would only make you sick instead of possibly dead (although using the proper technique you shouldn't be getting more than a recommended dose anyway!)

The taste isn't that bad guys - I'd rather mix this with a bit of cordial and down it in one, than drink a large glass of poppy tea! Yuck!

The taste isn't that bad guys - I'd rather mix this with a bit of cordial and down it in one, than drink a large glass of poppy tea! Yuck!

You must have godlike tastebuds, or just smoke heavily :p

It would be helpful if it wasn't so damn heat sensitive! Then it would be awesome to dry out and capsule! You'd need to eat a tonne of capsules but it would be worth it to avoid that taste.

Hell, you can put liquid inside capsules can't you? Like those big ones they use for fish oil or w/e.

^Doing a 2nd wash is kind of pointless. You may as well add that water to the first lot, this way you'll end up with a less pasty solution.

And it kind of defeats the purpose of the CWE - you want to use as little water as possible, doing further washes is probably only going to get more paracetamol/ibuprofen, all the codeine should go through in the first wash as long as it's not too pasty. I reckon 2.5ml water/tab is pretty much perfect.

Except the second wash isn't pointless for me, because it gives me strong effects. Or atleast it has on the few thousand times I've done it 8). Maybe it's because I use minimal water to begin with, meaning a higher loss (but less paracetemol - a tradeoff i'm happy with).

It's not that all the codeine isn't in the first wash, its that part of the first wash liquid gets stuck in the filter/glug. It's not a second wash in a true sense,it's just pushing the leftovers from the original liquid out.

Hell, you can put liquid inside capsules can't you? Like those big ones they use for fish oil or w/e.

Pretty sure most gel capsules are broken down super quick by water. Oil doesn't seem to affect them. Besides, that would be about 71 capsules for a 250mg serving. So not worth it.

250mg? How big an extract are you doing?

But sucks to hear water breaks them down. Seriously there must be a way to get it into your stomach without having to taste it. Come on guys :D

Yep, no need to leave it sitting at all. As long as you break up the tabs (doesn't have to be to a powder, large chunks dissolve just as quickly) and stir for a couple of minutes in tap water, that's fine. There should be no chunks left and it should be not too pasty (again, I reckon 2.5ml/tab is perfect).

If you're at all worried about what's getting through the filter, use ibuprofen tabs as at least that would only make you sick instead of possibly dead (although using the proper technique you shouldn't be getting more than a recommended dose anyway!)

Thats the exact way i did it. Took 4 nurofen pluses 40 mins ago and i feel nice =D

As to the poppy, well id rather smoke the crude tar haha

You must have godlike tastebuds, or just smoke heavily :p

I do smoke heavily! :p

Except the second wash isn't pointless for me, because it gives me strong effects. Or atleast it has on the few thousand times I've done it 8). Maybe it's because I use minimal water to begin with, meaning a higher loss (but less paracetemol - a tradeoff i'm happy with).

It's not that all the codeine isn't in the first wash, its that part of the first wash liquid gets stuck in the filter/glug. It's not a second wash in a true sense,it's just pushing the leftovers from the original liquid out.

Ok, but why not just use that extra water in the first wash? You aren't getting the benefit of less paracetamol if you go ahead and wash it again anyway.

250mg? How big an extract are you doing?

But sucks to hear water breaks them down. Seriously there must be a way to get it into your stomach without having to taste it. Come on guys :D

250mg = 25 x pills with 10mg codeine each

25 pills x 2mL water/pill = 50mL

Size 0 capsules only hold about 0.7mL liquid....

So 50mL / 0.7mL = 71.43

250mg = 25 x pills with 10mg codeine each

25 pills x 2mL water/pill = 50mL

Size 0 capsules only hold about 0.7mL liquid....

So 50mL / 0.7mL = 71.43

There is a way. Ud have to do the CWE the normal way then extract it with chloroform. Im guessing he was referring to the CWE and evaporating the water off then caping it. LOL @ Making 71 capsules hahahahaa Damn itching grrrr

^ Yep... that would take ages though. Cos heat, even at 60 degrees which is lower than the lowest setting on the oven, destroys codeine. Its retarded. I' don't know how you'd do it. Leave it under a heat lamp on a really low setting maybe. Not worth it cos it would take 3 days to dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.