Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I will try that next time. Is it also advisable to let the more watery part of the solution to filter before dumping the goop in? I can't help but feel as though some must get trapped in there, I suppose if I squeezed it through the shirt as you said it would probably solve that problem anyway though.

I can't help but feel kind of stupid for the amount I have read on doing CWE and the fact I can still mess it up. lol

Yeah I find if I squeeze it through a tshirt into another filter afterwards, you end up with almost exactly as much water as you used.

I left the white gunk in my drawer once instead of throwing it out, and it went rock solid by the next morning, so there's not too much liquid trapped in there.

Don't feel silly about screwing it up, it's a process that takes a few attempts to get down pat. My first few were pretty awful.

Yep Crakinit pretty much has it. Panafen Plus seem to need more water than some other brands; 2.5ml/tab should be about right.

I can't comment on the use of promethazine with tramadol as far as the enzyme inhibition goes because I don't know how tramadol is metabolised. Though I imagine promethazine would be nice with it, if you're after increased sedation.

I have to confess that was atleast my 6th attempt, I have got it right before and fucked it up since. I guess its because I always vary my method because even when I have gotten it right I feel I could have gotten better results.

I will attempt another extraction tommorrow or maybe Tuesday and try squeezing it through a shirt. If I don't have a consistently good method by the time I finish this pack I may just have to give up.

Blau, I most definately am after increased sedation, I really only use drugs these days to chill out in the evenings so I can enjoy a buzz before I sleep then actually be able to sleep. I find tramadol to be quite enjoyable but I need to combine it with doxylamine succinate and either some panadeine fortes or valium to make it sedating enough to suit my purposes. Do you think promethazine would be superior to doxylamine succinate for this purpose?

Last edited:
I'm not sure which is stronger in terms of sedation. I've never taken doxylamine, but 75mg of promethazine on it's own makes me quite tired. 100mg pretty much puts me out. I imagine someone in BDD would be able to answer these questions. They would also be able to tell you whether there is any interaction between tramadol and promethazine.

What sort of effects have you gotten from your successful extractions? Are you always using about 20 tabs?

Just the usual opiate warmth, itchiness, mild nausea and general feelings of wellbeing. I have used anywhere from 15-20 tablets but usually they only have 10mg of codeine as opposed to these ones with 12.8mg of codeine.

I also have some experiences with panadeine fortes where I will take a little more APAP than I should but nothing dramatic and be able to enjoy the effects of codeine.

I made a thread in BDD about promethazine and codeine and nobody really gave great answers. It is thanks to you that I know that they compete for metabolism. I will likely make a thread in regards to tramadol but I am not that hopeful.

Most people in there seem to hate tramadol and there are a lot more people in Australian drug discussion with extensive codeine experiences, I find BDD has a lot more users of stronger opiates.

Yeah it's weird, this thread has been much more informative in the past than the codeine threads in OD, etc. I guess more people use codeine in Australia compared to the USA or UK. Which is actually a good thing in a way - as you say, other communities are tending towards the harder opiates.

If you're comfortable with the amount of codeine you're using in an extraction, I would suggest perhaps trying one without using coffee filters. Use 2.5ml or 3ml of water per tab, make sure it's thoroughly dissolved then just filter with a tshirt that is tightly woven. You'll get a little more ibuprofen in your solution, but I don't think it's too much. I use this method all the time, and the results are stronger than coffee filters, I think because I can squeeze as hard as possible on the filter and it doesn't break. I think you lose some with coffee filters. It's also quicker doing it this way. If you do try it, let us know how it goes! It's a pretty reliable method, I find I can do the whole thing in 5-10 mins and it works every time.

^ You can get the best of both worlds by squeezing it out into a coffee filter. It takes a bit longer, but you get both all of the liquid by squeezing it out, and as much filtration as possible from the coffee filter.

One of the extactions I did with paracetamol I used a T shirt and I squeezed it. I noticed considerable pain in my liver and it freaked me out a lot, that was the last CWE I did before my renewed interest.

Maybe I need to use a tighter woven shirt? I can't really remember how tightly woven the one I used was but I am pretty sure I folded it over once so it was 2 layers. Since the pills I am currecntly experimenting with have ibuprofen instead of paracetamol I might give it another whack, because it takes a lot more ibuprofen than paracetamol to OD anyway.

I am currently unemployed and have the house to myself through the day, I don't really mind a more time consuming method anyway because I struggle to fill the time as it is.

^ You can get the best of both worlds by squeezing it out into a coffee filter. It takes a bit longer, but you get both all of the liquid by squeezing it out, and as much filtration as possible from the coffee filter.

True but I can't usually be arsed. :)

My trusty old pair of boardies works perfectly, I'm ok with the amount of ibuprofen that gets through. A couple of times I've done the extraction with the boardies then put it through a coffee filter just out of interest, and it barely trapped any solids (like less than the size of one tablet). So I'm fairly confident that's its a safe level of ibuprofen when done through my boardies :)

Yeah, tightly woven cloth definately does the trick, but I wasn't comfortable with the amount of paracetemol getting through when I was using a tshirt so I swapped to the coffee filter. Don't mind the extra wait at all.

I find ibuprofen harder to filter, even if I run it through a coffee filter multiple times it's still very cloudy, whereas with paracetemol you can end up with an almost crystal clear mixture and still get almost every drop of liquid through. It's a trade off I guess, you get more through, but it's less likely to be harmful. Personally I just take whatever I end up being given at the pharmacy, or whichever is cheapest.

Tolerance is shooting up again :( I've doubled my doseage in the last month or so, gonna have to cut back a little maybe.

Personally I've never had a clear filtrate; it's always a little bit cloudy.

I get Panafen Plus because it's going to be easier on my body than paracetamol, and because the 48 packs at 12.8mg/tab are pretty much exactly the dose I want.

Alright, I have just had another attempt at this.

I used about 60ml of water for 20 panafen plus tablets, I crushed them fairly well and then stirred them thoroughly into the water. Put the mixture in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

I had 2 coffee filters folded over one cup and one in another and a big piece of tightly woven fabric I cut from an old T shirt. I was going to put all the liquid in the 2 filters then squeeze it through the shirt into the single coffee filter.

It turned out I had a fair bit of shit left when the 2 coffee filters were full, so I dumped that straight into the shirt and squeezed it into the single coffee filter, then got the doubled up coffee filters with solution in them and put them in the shirt and squeezed it.

It is about halfway filtered now and the liquid is very white, I had a lot of white shit left in the shirt and filters but this is the whitest CWE I have ever come out with.

Is it okay for me to drink this? I mean the least filtration any of the solution has gotten is 1 coffee filter and a shirt, and some of it got 3 coffee filters and a shirt. Is a very cloudy solution typical of squeezing through the shirt and/or using panafen plus?

I have gotten back nearly as much liquid as I used and I don't particularly want to have to run it through another filter, basically I just want confirmation that this is normal of doing an extraction this way and/or that it would be safe(ish) to drink regardless.

I also should mention that I wet all the coffee filters and the shirt before hand to avoid them stealing any of my codeine. I only used the fabric as is, I didn't fold it over to double up how much shirt the solution passed through. Should I have folded it over or is it fine to just use one layer?

My iboprofen filters always end up much whiter than the paracetemol ones, if you've filtered it twice and ended up with a fair amount of leftover you should be fine, especially with ibuprofen, since it's much safer. If you want you could filter it again through the tshirt just to be sure.

the other day i did an extraction and for the first time ever i had a crystal clear solution. this worries me as ive always had a cloudy solution and i didnt change my method or amount of water used AT ALL. I was using chemists own brand like always, has this happened to anyone else?

I think I might do another filtration through a single coffee filter just to be sure. I will post back tonight when I have drank it.

I reckon you'll find that not much is trapped in that coffee filter. Whenever I filter Panafen Plus through just fabric it will catch everything, bugger all would get trapped in a coffee filter.

I had a weird experience this afternoon, I asked for a 48 pack at this chemist I've never been to before, it was like a small one man deal, not like a chain or anything. He handed me the pack then gave me a 5 minute spiel about tolerance and dependence. I think he was just suss because I asked for the larger size. Strange though, that's never happened to me before, I've only ever been asked the usual questions (are they for you, have you used them before, do you have asthma etc).

Yeah I think they sometimes assume that you're popping them like candy if you're buying larger boxes. Every pharmacy is different, some places will shove the 48/96 box on you, some places will treat you like scum if you ask for them.

I always just say they're not for me when they ask the questions, say they're for my GF or my Dad's back or something, much easier than going through the spiel and they seem to react better to asking for larger sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.