Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

California Heroin - mini/mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSpaggy

Greenlighter
For all the LA bluelighters - I've been living in LA now for about 8 months, and I was curious to find out if other people here have noticed the same things I have. I know there is a west coast thread, but I feel like LA is a big enough area that a specific thread is warranted.

I typically encounter four (maybe five) different types of dope out here, and the quality ranges drastically. To follow the rules, I'll put the type and general area it's found, but nothing specific. I haven't found any open air markets here anyway, so I don't even have that info to give. I'm not even sure there are any.

Balloon Brown/Speckled Dope - Type 1 - I found this in the USC area. It's packaged in balloons slightly different than the ones I've seen in other states. It's not sealed inside anything except the balloon. It tends to be either a small brown clump, or just straight brown powder. Each one weighs no more than .1, and the quality tends to be pretty bad. It can be snorted, and burns quite a bit. Smoking it revealed and odd taste, but seemed to work well. Shooting it basically gave an immediate mild rush and no high following.

Balloon Black/Brown Dope - Type 2 - This is floating around the same area as type one. It usually is in the same type of balloon, and again is not sealed within the balloon. They tend to be rolled flat, and are almost mini-hotdog shaped (but small obviously). Weigh slightly more than .1. These lack the ability to be crushed in to powder. They're solid, usually rock hard, and can be broken in half. Quality is slightly better than Type 1, but not by much. Smokes decently, shooting gives the same high as Type 1. I'm guessing it may be the same dope, but not cut into powder form.

Mexican Tar Type 1 - This typically comes in the San Fernando valley and is wrapped up in small pieces of cellophane (grocery bags). It's always sold by Mexicans. This is a sticky, solid black paste. It smokes very well, and when cooked pretty much totally mixes with the water. Of all the dope I've found out here, this tends to be the best. The high is good - solid rush and good lingering high for 2 hours or so.

Mexican Tar Type 2 - This comes in either bundles made of electric tape, plastic wrap, and cellophane, or just tape and a napkin. It's similar to MT Type 1, but it seems to be cut quite a bit. Doesn't smoke that well, and when cooked leaves tons of cut floating at the top of the spoon. The high is good, just less intense than the other mexican tar.

Mexican Tar Type 3 - This is floating around the Santa Ana area. It only is sold in .15 form, wrapped in cellophane sealed at the top. It often has a slight coffee aroma. It doesn't smoke well - it becomes extremely runny and provides almost no high. When cooked the water turns extremely dark and thick. It provides a mild rush and minimal high, and normally takes 2-3 of the bags to achieve a decent buzz.

Is there anything else out here in the LA area, or have I pretty much found all that I'm going to? Do you fellow LA bluelighters agree with me that the Mexican tar 1 and 2 is the best stuff you can buy? Or is there some more awesome stuff floating around the city in areas I haven't mentioned?

Let's discuss, and mods - if this post breaks any rules, I will immediately edit it to comply with the guidelines. I searched for this before making the thread, and only found random tidbits here and there. I figured a specific thread was a good idea.

I can't contribute too much, but I just wanted to say... L.A. is such a huge place (as you already know) that 8 mos. isn't enough time to get a good feel for the intricacies of the local scene...

I'll refrain from naming any specific place but.. oh my are there open air markets in L.A.

I wouldn't encourage you to use them for copping if you have other sources though.

I am far from an expert on this and am really only on the periphery of this world but even with that much experience I can tell you that <snip> in L.A. is sort of like Sunset... it twists and turns throughout the entire city and can take you up high, down low and everywhere in-between. :)

Good thread and I'm interested to see the responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting...I always figured that there had to be, given how big LA is. I'm just doing it wrong I guess.

I know 8 months isn't that long, but I talk a lot to the people I do know and i haven't been able to find out much more. Everyone says something to the degree of "oh, there used to be awesome dope in place X, but they got rid of that scene."

Agreed - I'm interested in finding out what I'm missing.

Interesting...I always figured that there had to be, given how big LA is. I'm just doing it wrong I guess.

I know 8 months isn't that long, but I talk a lot to the people I do know and i haven't been able to find out much more. Everyone says something to the degree of "oh, there used to be awesome dope in place X, but they got rid of that scene."

Agreed - I'm interested in finding out what I'm missing.

Nah I don't think there's a right or wrong way. :)

It's just that L.A. has this weird quality of being a bunch of different medium-large size communities strung together to make one huge metropolis.

But you are already hip to that if you are copping in the SFV AND by USC.

Oh and yeah the word of mouth thing can be so useless b/c of the exact reasons you outlined. Of course everyone ends up finding a legit referral or two at some point but that can be lame, for sure.

Anyway, like I said - if you have places to find what you like then don't sweat finding a market, unless you're just curious. Regardless I'm sure you'll run across all different types of sources if you look long enough. You can even have it delivered to your door like pizza. haha.

Also at the risk of sounding parental.. be careful! Downtown L.A. after dark can be a wacky place and shit can happen pretty quickly if you're not paying total attention. /end lecture. :)

Nah I don't think there's a right or wrong way. :)

It's just that L.A. has this weird quality of being a bunch of different medium-large size communities strung together to make one huge metropolis.

But you are already hip to that if you are copping in the SFV AND by USC.

Oh and yeah the word of mouth thing can be so useless b/c of the exact reasons you outlined. Of course everyone ends up finding a legit referral or two at some point but that can be lame, for sure.

Anyway, like I said - if you have places to find what you like then don't sweat finding a market, unless you're just curious. Regardless I'm sure you'll run across all different types of sources if you look long enough. You can even have it delivered to your door like pizza. haha.

Also at the risk of sounding parental.. be careful! Downtown L.A. after dark can be a wacky place and shit can happen pretty quickly if you're not paying total attention. /end lecture. :)

Oh I know what you're saying - the advice is appreciated. Based on the huge bust a month back (I think end of March), reliable people are either flaky or dropping like flies. It never hurts to know too much, if you catch my drift. I had a situation this weekend where I had tons of money and nowhere to go.

Anyway - I know there are more LA bluelighters here, and many that are area experts. I'm anxious to get other people's take.

All topics about a specific region would more likely get better responses in that region's forum.

Drug discussion for North and South America

Appreciate the link. I've gone through the threads there, and feel like 90%+ of the discussion is about the east coast, and there is very limited information on LA and its surrounding area.

If it makes sense to move this thread in to the regional forum, that would be fine. After doing the research and using the search function I feel like there is nothing cohesive yet for LA-centric H discussion.

the hotdog bags are good, just cut (but the weight makes up for it) .. and out east from los angeles..the tar i come across is basically twice as strong as the hotdog bags BUT half the weight..which makes them both similar in strength. the ones out here on the east come with cocaine wrapped seperate in the balloons

Good thread, we needed one for the LA dope scene. I gotta run, but I will definitely be back to post.

No regional discussion in OD, I will try this in North & South American Drug Discussion.

OD===NSADD

the hotdog bags are good, just cut (but the weight makes up for it) .. and out east from los angeles..the tar i come across is basically twice as strong as the hotdog bags BUT half the weight..which makes them both similar in strength. the ones out here on the east come with cocaine wrapped seperate in the balloons

I've never seen the ones that have both wrapped in separate bags. Do they cost the same (no specific price of course)?

I'm curious to see if there are any other BLers out there. If you don't want to post here, feel free to hit me up on AIM.

I've noticed a major quality drop (and connection drop) in the last month or so. I'm associating it with the major bust made at the end of March. In some cases, it seems things are maybe 50% of what they used to be.

you must have gotten shitty dope in santa ana.. i got a great connect right now that has all diffrent batches every time but the last dope that i got that was fire. was this tar that would be really chunky and almost poweder like but when it would stay in the baggy and touched by warmness it would turn into a tar. but this by far was the most potent shit i had.. i did half a ballon IV and it was the best rush and best high lasted a good 2+ hours. now i get some high quality stuff that completly disolves in spoon and leaves minumal cut left in the spoon.

you must have gotten shitty dope in santa ana.. i got a great connect right now that has all diffrent batches every time but the last dope that i got that was fire. was this tar that would be really chunky and almost poweder like but when it would stay in the baggy and touched by warmness it would turn into a tar. but this by far was the most potent shit i had.. i did half a ballon IV and it was the best rush and best high lasted a good 2+ hours. now i get some high quality stuff that completly disolves in spoon and leaves minumal cut left in the spoon.

It's possible that I did get bad stuff in Santa Ana. I know there is a lot of gang activity there, so I figure there has to be a lot of dope. I did get stuff from a guy who lived there once when I wasn't living in LA and it was awesome. I didn't count that though. The dope I got wasn't balloon dope - it was wrapped a lot like the garbage stuff that I saw up in the SF bay area.

I have to agree that it isn't anything like it was a few years ago in LA. I remember like just 3 years ago, there was a certain intersection in downtown being controlled by a certain hispanic gang, and you couldn't walk through that intersection without having like 10 dudes ask you if you were looking for chiva. Shit was complete fire too. I've been on suboxone for the past 6-7 months, so I haven't really been totally in the game but I do chip once or twice a week and right now in my opinion, the best tar is in south central. The tar is wrapped in grocery store bag and then put in a balloon. It's not tied but rolled up and wrapped inside out if that makes any sense. I don't think its the same stuff you got around the USC area though sirspaggy. I really haven't gone around looking for a new spot or a new connect, but from what I hear theres alot of good tar around the McArthur Park area as well at the moment.

In terms of the Santa Ana dope, I used to have a guy who I could call and meet who had really good, consistent tar. He got busted though a while back, and I haven't heard from him since. Right now, I know of a few open air spots in Santa Ana ( just drive up, cop, and your on your way in a matter of minutes), but the dope isn't really consistent. Some days it'll be average-above average shit, then the next day it'll be competely cut up garbage. The dope isn't in balloons either, its just wrapped up in grocery store plastic. I'm sure there is good tar to be found however in Santa Ana, as it does have a lot of gangs and gang activity. I would love to find a spot though that has good consistent dope in Santa Ana, because I literally live like 10 minutes away. Then again, that could be a bad thing lol.

But yeah, I totally agree with whoever else said that the dope scene isn't even close to what it was. Just like 2 years ago, they had like 4-5 open air spots within like a 2 mile radius of downtown, where you could get very good tar. I have heard though that the LAPD and drug task force are really cracking down and trying to clean up downtown so I'm not suprised. Either way though, LA is the kind of city where regardless of what happens, you can find good quality dope somewhere around downtown or south of downtown. I really don't see this city having any kind of serious scarcity of dope.

I have to agree that it isn't anything like it was a few years ago in LA. I remember like just 3 years ago, there was a certain intersection in downtown being controlled by a certain hispanic gang, and you couldn't walk through that intersection without having like 10 dudes ask you if you were looking for chiva. Shit was complete fire too. I've been on suboxone for the past 6-7 months, so I haven't really been totally in the game but I do chip once or twice a week and right now in my opinion, the best tar is in south central. The tar is wrapped in grocery store bag and then put in a balloon. It's not tied but rolled up and wrapped inside out if that makes any sense. I don't think its the same stuff you got around the USC area though sirspaggy. I really haven't gone around looking for a new spot or a new connect, but from what I hear theres alot of good tar around the McArthur Park area as well at the moment.

In terms of the Santa Ana dope, I used to have a guy who I could call and meet who had really good, consistent tar. He got busted though a while back, and I haven't heard from him since. Right now, I know of a few open air spots in Santa Ana ( just drive up, cop, and your on your way in a matter of minutes), but the dope isn't really consistent. Some days it'll be average-above average shit, then the next day it'll be competely cut up garbage. The dope isn't in balloons either, its just wrapped up in grocery store plastic. I'm sure there is good tar to be found however in Santa Ana, as it does have a lot of gangs and gang activity. I would love to find a spot though that has good consistent dope in Santa Ana, because I literally live like 10 minutes away. Then again, that could be a bad thing lol.

But yeah, I totally agree with whoever else said that the dope scene isn't even close to what it was. Just like 2 years ago, they had like 4-5 open air spots within like a 2 mile radius of downtown, where you could get very good tar. I have heard though that the LAPD and drug task force are really cracking down and trying to clean up downtown so I'm not suprised. Either way though, LA is the kind of city where regardless of what happens, you can find good quality dope somewhere around downtown or south of downtown. I really don't see this city having any kind of serious scarcity of dope.

This is really good info. I'm willing to bet that the intersection you mentioned that used to be awesome is where I went (having heard about it but off of old info). Is the south central dope sold openly or is it private connects? It sounds like what I used to get in phoenix, and similar to what I have to go way out of my way for in the SFV. It's always wrapped in cut up grocery bags.

Santa Ana having multiple drive up spots is surprising to me. I remember going by somewhere once where I thought I saw a OAM, but I can't remember the cross streets.

Speaking of Suboxone, I've been thinking about going on it and haven't been able to find doctors or programs in LA that do it. I swear I've called a million doctors listed as licensed Suboxone distributors, and they either won't take new patients or claim they don't do it. It's off-topic, so I won't derail the thread. If allowed, I'd appreciate it if you'd AIM me and let me know a little more about if it's working for you and what places do it. If not, no big deal.

yea there is a few open area spots in Santa Ana but it is really a bust to do it. the last time i ended up in those open area cross street that i know some people on this forum know about. you just drive up and pick up but they will try to rip you off unless you know the guys and even then the dope you will get is very shitty to decent. havnt done it ina while just because the last time i was even in the area i got harrassed by narcs but did not have anything on me good thing for swallowing a piece of tar inside a sealed grocery bag.

but yea its kinda bad i have a connect now that always has good tar if not fire and she will always let me know and be straight up.

yea there is a few open area spots in Santa Ana but it is really a bust to do it. the last time i ended up in those open area cross street that i know some people on this forum know about. you just drive up and pick up but they will try to rip you off unless you know the guys and even then the dope you will get is very shitty to decent. havnt done it ina while just because the last time i was even in the area i got harrassed by narcs but did not have anything on me good thing for swallowing a piece of tar inside a sealed grocery bag.

but yea its kinda bad i have a connect now that always has good tar if not fire and she will always let me know and be straight up.

I dunno about the guys trying to rip you off, its never happened to me or anyone I know. I will agree though, that most of the tar being sold in the open air spots in Santa Ana is usually complete shit, although the last time I did get something from there it was actually pretty decent.

i will let this thread slide as a separate entity for now, but as a reminder: it is against the guidelines to list specific areas (streets, cross-streets, etc), prices are not allowed and as always SOURCING IS FORBIDDEN and strictly enforced.

for those wondering about suboxone treatment, pick up a copy of LA Weekly, there are always clinical trials offering suboxone/methadone treatment (the ones i've seen in last week's issue were through UCLA). in most cases, you have to qualify for the trial/study but i'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask if they know of any physicians in the area if you don't qualify. you get paid too :)

i will let this thread slide as a separate entity for now, but as a reminder: it is against the guidelines to list specific areas (streets, cross-streets, etc), prices are not allowed and as always SOURCING IS FORBIDDEN and strictly enforced.

for those wondering about suboxone treatment, pick up a copy of LA Weekly, there are always clinical trials offering suboxone/methadone treatment (the ones i've seen in last week's issue were through UCLA). in most cases, you have to qualify for the trial/study but i'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask if they know of any physicians in the area if you don't qualify. you get paid too :)

The notice is due. I'm have no intention of sourcing via this thread. I've called the numbers in the LA Weekly about Suboxone, and they don't seem to give two shits about anything. This is why I want to find a doctor that actually cares. It's the same with the methadone clinics - it's just a money maker and they want you in and out.

Back to the dope. So you're saying that the Santa Ana spots are so bad that it's not worth it? How bad is it (at its worst)? Like I said in the OP, I got stuff from Santa Ana that I felt was the same as what I used to see in SF, and I wouldn't be surprised if that meant it was 5% pure.

Status
Not open for further replies.