Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A question for those who have gotten a DUI

dextrous

Bluelighter
Hey. I got arrested last saturday night for a DUI. First offence. blew a 0.064. My question is for anyone who has gotten a DUI in the past, how much was your fine?? :(

Thanks

^ Where in Australia are you located? Fines vary from state to state.

Mine was something like $500 I think and disqualified license for 6 months, this was in QLD though.... Could very well and probably is different in NSW though!

man that sucks!

What is the procedure for DUI in NSW? Are you issued an infringement? Or do you have to go for a ride back to the cop shop?

man that sucks!

What is the procedure for DUI in NSW? Are you issued an infringement? Or do you have to go for a ride back to the cop shop?

Yeah got arrested, went back to station for another breath test and questioning.. The horrible part was that I didn't even have a drink on Saturday, the alcohol was still in my system from Friday night. I didn't feel drunk at all.

Yeah got arrested, went back to station for another breath test and questioning.. The horrible part was that I didn't even have a drink on Saturday, the alcohol was still in my system from Friday night. I didn't feel drunk at all.

ok well theres your defence right there mate , and you must express this to the judge when you go to court and say this before you enter a plea as sometimes a judge can say yeah that could happen to even him so first offence and you still had booze from night before ..

but tell me this -->

1.What time was your last drink and how many hours if any did you sleep before waking up and getting behind the wheel & did you consume any food before driving.

2.Have you got any other driving offences against you , speeding etc

3.Are you fully licensed with no P license or anything ?

When you go to court you must explain that you had been drinking night before and had a good nights sleep and even had something small to eat before driving and you NEVER ever drink and drive and are very ashamed of this.

The judge cant really change the loss of license for 3 months but he can say no fine.So you will lose your license for 3 months and that be it...

Someone I know has been done 5 times in 10 years for dui and he ended up doing community service and weekend detention.

People think the judge can decide how many points you lose or whatever but this is not the case involving dui so if you blow a positive reading for drugs or alcohol.

Sometimes police are cool and let you eat something or take a piss or drink some water and wait 15 mins before they test you again but if you fail after that then unless the cops your brother , sister or spouse then you got no chance of going home without the full treatment.

So bottom line your gonna lose ya license for 3 months but you may get away with $50 court costs only aslong you make every effort to be honest when you go to court.

Let us know how you go ok ...

If its your first time and you are arrested in NSW, you will get an automaic 3 months suspension with the minimum fine and a recorded conviction. All DUI's are recorded convictions. A lawyer won't help unless you need your car for work and get a work license.

Does not matter if the alcohol was still in you, everyones excuse is that if you goto court often.

ok well theres your defence right there mate , and you must express this to the judge when you go to court and say this before you enter a plea as sometimes a judge can say yeah that could happen to even him so first offence and you still had booze from night before ..

but tell me this -->

1.What time was your last drink and how many hours if any did you sleep before waking up and getting behind the wheel & did you consume any food before driving.

When you go to court you must explain that you had been drinking night before and had a good nights sleep and even had something small to eat before driving and you NEVER ever drink and drive and are very ashamed of this.

The judge cant really change the loss of license for 3 months but he can say no fine.So you will lose your license for 3 months and that be it...

Someone I know has been done 5 times in 10 years for dui and he ended up doing community service and weekend detention.

People think the judge can decide how many points you lose or whatever but this is not the case involving dui so if you blow a positive reading for drugs or alcohol.

Sometimes police are cool and let you eat something or take a piss or drink some water and wait 15 mins before they test you again but if you fail after that then unless the cops your brother , sister or spouse then you got no chance of going home without the full treatment.

So bottom line your gonna lose ya license for 3 months but you may get away with $50 court costs only aslong you make every effort to be honest when you go to court.

Damn, what a great post mate, thanks for taking the time to help me out. Definitely going to help me out.

1. My last drink was in the early mornings of Friday. My friends held a good luck/going away party for me since I was going for an interview for the military on Tuesday (today). I had a good sleep from 6am-late afternoon. I had nothing to eat. I was on my way home from McDonalds 300m away when they caught me. I'm not going to mention some of this stuff to the judge though as it just seems like I'm making excuses lol. Both my tail lights were somehow out (blown fuse???). It was a series of unfortunate events for sure. karma.

2. I got a ticket in 2007 for wreckless driving (spinning tyres around a corner by undercover).

3. Yes, I am on my P2 licence (green P's).

thanks again.

A lawyer won't help unless you need your car for work and get a work license.

Utter crap.

A barrister can help mitigate your circumstances so that you get the absolute best possible outcome on the day - and while there are legislated minimums, it will be the magistrate's mood, what information they have before them and how you present, as to whether you get that minimum or something more.

What time of night was this?

That is unfortunate news as on the weekend nights I quite often consume around 20 or so standard drinks over a 12 hour period and drive the next day.

Lucky I am quitting drinking soon.

I also blew 0.06 a few years ago when i was 21. I was on my black license for around 6 months, and got pulled over for a RBT. stupid thing is that i thought i wasn't drunk (i had a bit of GHB in my system at the time among other things).. When they took me back to the station for the second breath test i was shitting myself because of the stuff i had in my pockets; plenty of pills, speed, vials, even K, etc. they asked me to empty my pockets before entering the station, i just took out my car keys and left the rest of the stuff in there. They patted me down and i was very very lucky cos they didnt notice..

Anyway to cut a long story short, in court i presented a few character references and left with a 3 month suspension and $200 fine.

fines are huge but then in ever paid any of them anyway hahahahaahahhahhaha

^^^

LOL

your up the shitter if you ever get asked for i.d. and they run ya name through ...

Im suprised you aint go them assholes at state debt chasing you ...

You can just say I not paying the fines so lock me up for a few months at more of cost to the community , that's if you have friends in jail you want to visit lol

Unless of course you dont have anything at all in your name ;)

Aren't we all???

Ahhh, but I am going on meds that put a real strain on my liver.

And drinking heavily 2-4 days a week needs to stop during this period if I want my liver to last.
6 months of Marijuana and LSD only. That's my plan. Wish me luck.

but tell me this -->

Just a quick tip for everyone the cops have to give you 15 mins from the time of your last drink before they breath test you if you ask for it. If you tell them you had ur last drink 5 mins ago you gat 10 mins before having to blow.