• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What made you smile today? ver. Put on a happy face

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
There's a thread like this in second opinion, but I thought it could be good to have one in TDS too. Even on the worst day a small thing can bring a smile to your face and hopefully remind you that's it's not all doom and gloom!

Anyway here's mine - I've been hearing cockatoos outside for a few days (and actually getting a bit annoyed, these fuckers are loud!) so I went outside to see if I could find where they were. I was absolutely rapt to find a huge gum tree in my neighbours yard absolutely filled with white cockatoos - I'm talking like 2 or 3 hundred of them. And this in a suburb only 20 mins from the heart of Melbourne! I've rarely seen a cocky around here before so it's a surprise, but I hope they stay <3

I took some photos but can't find my camera cord to get the on the comp :p

My kitties and hubby made me smile today :)
After a frustrating morning (drove over an hour away only to miss our Dr. appts) finally getting a Dr.'s appt for tomorrow made me smile.
And the countdown of hours until Earth Day and our anniversary is making me smile:)

Just waking up another morning, Knowing I should have been dead a long time ago. Even though things arnt perfect, Theres alot of people that wish they were in our situations right now. Really if you look at the big picture, Things arnt that bad.

I just thank God today for a second chance at life, and a beautiful wife, a healthy 6 year old son, and a great group of friends on this board. Even though we argue, and dont see eye to eye on some issues, I love each and every one of you, You too Ocean!!! =]

I hope the best for everyone!!

Love you all,
Sean

Waking up to an extra $900 in my account, tax free thanks to our wonderful mandarin speaking prime minister.

Lol

:D :D

talked to a girl I had a crush on

*sigh* its the end of the school year

I feel like a childling thinking about this :\

Wasn't sure what I was gonna write here because its early in the morning and I am almost always depressed when I wake up. But then I saw this:

Just waking up another morning, Knowing I should have been dead a long time ago. Even though things arnt perfect, Theres alot of people that wish they were in our situations right now. Really if you look at the big picture, Things arnt that bad.

I just thank God today for a second chance at life, and a beautiful wife, a healthy 6 year old son, and a great group of friends on this board. Even though we argue, and dont see eye to eye on some issues, I love each and every one of you, You too Ocean!!! =]

I hope the best for everyone!!

Love you all,
Sean

Sorry Sean I had you pinned for some kind of religious fanatic at first just because so many Christians I encounter are, well, kind of fanatical! But you are a pretty level headed guy. I'm used to being hated on by Christians, but its not every day that I hear "its cool if we don't agree, we can get along anyway!"

That made me smile!

Theres a reason I get on TDS first thing in the morning... its to soak up the love and hope some rubs off on me. <3

*my smile made me smile today
*frequent smiles today during grateful dead bobble-head jam session
*fellow bluelighters
*sniffin my 06 spring tour widespread panic tshirt

That today , 7 years ago my husband and I got together..........
(not married-that anniversary is in a few months;))
Yay!

Ocean thats great, Me and my Wife got married Dec 6th 2008. Weve only been married a few months. Marriage is the best thing ive ever done. Its got it ups and downs, but all in all its nice having someone there to love you, and to lift you up when your down.

Congradulations!!
I pray for 50 more years!

Love,
Sean

taking a nice long bath, shaving, and exfoliating... ahhhhh
ps- so happy 4 u 2 ocean!

congrats to you married folks! any ex-addict is lucky to have someone who loves them in their life still, and someone who loves enough to marry... well that is a very special person!

^^ so true, in fact I haven't been able to smile much lately since my girlfriend of 4 years left me after my last relapse :(

But I've come to this thread to state that as shitty as I've been feeling lately (especially this morning), I forced myself to take a yoga class this afternoon and I feel sooo much better now. I can't really explain how, I just do. I still have my ex all over my mind, but somehow I just feel....lighter. Like it's a little less of an emotional burden.

Anyway, that brought a semi-smile to my face today. I'll have to do this more regularly.

There's a thread like this in second opinion, but I thought it could be good to have one in TDS too. Even on the worst day a small thing can bring a smile to your face and hopefully remind you that's it's not all doom and gloom!

Anyway here's mine - I've been hearing cockatoos outside for a few days (and actually getting a bit annoyed, these fuckers are loud!) so I went outside to see if I could find where they were. I was absolutely rapt to find a huge gum tree in my neighbours yard absolutely filled with white cockatoos - I'm talking like 2 or 3 hundred of them. And this in a suburb only 20 mins from the heart of Melbourne! I've rarely seen a cocky around here before so it's a surprise, but I hope they stay <3

I took some photos but can't find my camera cord to get the on the comp :p

Nice thread idea! A similar thing has made me smile recently - I moved house a couple of months ago and now have trees filled with parrots outside my bedroom. They make an ungodly amount of noise but they're beautiful and I love them being there. :)

That today , 7 years ago my husband and I got together..........
(not married-that anniversary is in a few months)
Yay!

That's awesome. Congratulations to both of you. <3

^^ so true, in fact I haven't been able to smile much lately since my girlfriend of 4 years left me after my last relapse :(

But I've come to this thread to state that as shitty as I've been feeling lately (especially this morning), I forced myself to take a yoga class this afternoon and I feel sooo much better now. I can't really explain how, I just do. I still have my ex all over my mind, but somehow I just feel....lighter. Like it's a little less of an emotional burden.

Anyway, that brought a semi-smile to my face today. I'll have to do this more regularly.

Isn't yoga the bomb shit? ;) My ex boyfriend and I took a yoga class together at our local community college and we had it first thing in the morning.Even though we were dead tired and bitchy,we felt amazing after it was over.:D

What made me smile today?My friends in my suboxone group sticking up for me when this jerk in our group was putting me down.It made me feel like people really care for a change.:)

Isn't yoga the bomb shit? ;) My ex boyfriend and I took a yoga class together at our local community college and we had it first thing in the morning.Even though we were dead tired and bitchy,we felt amazing after it was over.:D

for sure!

In fact, I'm actually thinking about really getting into this whole yoga thing. Like, taking classes on a regular basis (3-5 times per week) and studying up on related material. I really need a healthy hobby and dare I say it, I could even make it my "program" of sorts to stay clean.

Especially considering how I'm really not feeling the AA/NA thing...I was into that a year ago and stopped going after a few months, then tried to get back into it after this last relapse but meh....I just can't get into it.

Anyway, that's probably best saved for another thread ;) yoga ftw!

Being thankful for the small things. Driving into work with my music loud and not thinking of anything. Looking forward to being 21 and making plans for my Vegas trip today.

*bump*
Bringing more light to the dark side <3

My dog made me smile today. But he makes me smile every day. He's my little mate. Seriously, whenever my boyfriend is away for work (which is most of the time), without my dog I'd be completely lost <3