Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: NineMSN - 11/4/09 '26 Overdose at Melbourne Party'

my innerself

Bluelighter
At least two people are critically ill and several others have been hospitalised after suspected overdoses of the dance party drug GHB at a rave in Melbourne's north.

Ambulance Victoria said more than two dozen people, all believed to be in their late teens and early 20s, had been taken ill at the Trance Energy event at the Calder Park raceway.

An ambulance spokesman told ninemsn 26 people from the rave had suffered suspected overdoses.

Throughout the evening, fleets of ambulances had ferried patients to several hospitals, including the Western, Sunshine and The Alfred, spokesman Ray Rowe said.

Two people were in a critical condition, Mr Rowe added.

"Young people have to realise these sorts of drugs are very dangerous," Mr Rowe said. "It's only a matter of time before someone dies from an overdose."

Found here:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/800222/two-critical-from-possible-drug-overdose

It seems that everytime I hear someone overdoses on GHB another 10 or 20 OD as well. Any bluelighters that went to Trance Nation like to shed some further info?

This is strange.. at first i thought this was a re-post of the same incident late last year.. but i think it might be a re-post on ninemsn's site because the date on there is April 11 2009.

Edit:

It was GHB Somewhat-damage :)

Last edited:
That's really unfortunate. People should really be careful with the upcoming Utopia and stuff..
Any idea on the details of the pill? Print..colour..etc?

This is going to sound mean but anyone who considers taking ghb and does stupid amounts deserves it. I keep telling people stop taking that shit because a little more than a normal dose will put u into a coma and u may never wake up again. I know this from personal experience, GBL is still legal where i lived in Europe, had couple of liters of the shit. Its a very stupid and dangerous drug. I cant understand how people can take that shit into a nightclub and give people some of it.

GHB is very hydroscopic thus would be impossible to press even with binders and all. It would of been in powder or liquid.

NEWS: 11.4.09 - Four ravers critical after overdosing at Calder Park

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

POLICE today admitted failing to search patrons at a dance party where 26 ravers overdosed, with four critical.

At a press conference this morning, police said there were no police sniffer dogs at the Trance Energy event at Calder Park in Melbourne's northwest.

The four overdose victims, some believed to be teenagers, were among thousands attending the event.

The organisers of the festival, which started in the Netherlands, pledged a "zero tolerance'' anti-drug policy with strict security.

At this morning's police press conference, Inspector Bill Mathers said police spoke to Trance Energy organisers before the event.

"The security plan was a zero tolerance approach to drug taking," he said.

"So in terms of a police response, we were confident that people who were running the event could amange it effectively themselves."

Tickets for the travelling event, which was staged in Sydney on Thursday night, cost up to $199. Trance Energy moves to Perth tomorrow.

Ambulance Victoria operations manager Paul Holman said 26 people were taken to hospital suffering suspected drug overdoses, with four of these "very critical" upon transportation.

The others were in serious but stable conditions, he said.

Mr Holman said a drug known as GBH, or gamma-hydroxybutyrate, was thought to be the cause of the illnesses.

Symptoms included patients falling unconscious and fitting, as well as breathing problems, dehydration and vomiting, he said.

Mr Holman said that short of strip searching people as they entered rave venues, he was not sure how the issue could be better addressed.

``Government, venue operators and organisers can do what they can do but it’s about the individuals and young people taking responsibility for their actions and behaviour,’’ he said.

``If they choose to ignore the facts and the warnings the consequences are they could die or cause themselves serious harm.

``I don’ know what more we can do.

``If we weren’t there tonight, we could have had some dead kids.’’

Mr Holman said the majority of people transported were men, aged from 18 to their early 30s.

Ambulances rushed patients to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Western Health hospitals at Footscray and Sunshine and St Vincent’s Hospital, between 3.30pm and 11.30pm, he said.

Mr Holman said paramedics continued to respond to drug overdoses into the early morning, possibly from people who had fallen ill while returning from the rave.

retrieved here

& yep - i thought it was mighty odd not seeing one cop at the event.. i was working there.. other security guards were assigned to check people, asking them to surrender their smoke packets (lol). very poorly policed event - i guess they figured the lack of drugs available would mean less medical problems... but the figures seem quite low, although the event was relatively small compared to summadayze and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh when we walked in I was expecting dogs at the gates, the security checked my pockets/wallet and smoke packet and a quick pat down. Though there was defntley more then four people who had to go hosp, I was in the first aid tent with my mate and blown out g heads were coming from left right and centre.

Last edited:
dogs and police are mostly scare tactics anyway mate, the dogs look out for fear. If your well prepard such as leaving your goodys high up on your body and double baggyd youll be sweet. Ive been going to events for 4+ years and the amount of times ive been sniffed but not picked up is just crazy.

Anyway have fun man, trance energy was fkn siik

possibly... there aint much bikie activity to police over there, so maybe. ;)

friggen g-heads strike again. i suppose it is typical of the PHD-esque crowd these events attract. don't get me wrong, i like my gina, but it needs to be appropriate to the surrounds. i can't imagine any way of enjoying myself, in the freezing cold, stuck out at calder park, blowing out on g.

ah yes I fully intend on doing all that, but leaving them high up?
wouldn't dacking them be the best idea?
anyway this seems to happen all too often...don't people realize that they've had enough g?

the higher up your drugs are concealed, the higher the dogs noses would need to be to detect them.
if you stick them in your pants - and we all know, dogs sniff arses - there is a greater likelihood they will be detected ;)

in most locations high up they would get found by a gentle pat down.
but I think I know just the spot to put em :)

Girls bra is the best place, I pin mine inside my hat and have no problems

my mate does security at events and he says he always finds stuff in hats.
besides hats arent my thing :p

Yeah I went to trance energy, there was no police/sniffers in sight. At the gates security were checking ciggie packets, emptying pockets, checking bags/hand bags and a quick pat down. Now to the G.. the amount of G that was around was crazy. My mate came very sick due to heavy drug mixing so she had to lay down in first aid, I was in there for a good 40minutes with her. blown out G heads coming in left right and centre, the ambo/first aid team were very quick and had a good setup for those who experienced over doses/blowing out.

I also seen another 3-4 people when I was at main stage blowing out on the floor. Anyway not something you want to see, but people take juice to far and they take that risk. Trance energy in all was great though :)

Last edited:
Strange to hear that, as police presence at Trance Energy Sydney was 5x that of of any standard raves. I saw at least 5 different dogs out the front, as opposed to the usual 1-2 maximum. And an equivalent increase in police persons. It was actually kinda eerie.

It's a messed up drug for the undeducated to use (potential to OD is far far easier than other street drugs like MDx, etc), that seems to be gaining a lot of momentum. Especially in Melbourne (who have now lost Q-Dance events due to the G blow outs), but it's also gaining force a bit here in Sydney. Nowhere near as quickly, but these trends never stay localised too long.

If you do find any friends wanting to experiment, by all means try to talk them out of it if that's your way, but PLEASE do point them to harm prevention documents like the FAQs here and at Erowid. This is one drug where harm prevention is very important, and EVERYONE using it should be aware of the numerous risks posed (especially how different they are from other rave drugs frequently used here in Aus).

It sucks, as ID&T (the Dutch company who runs these Trance Energy, Q-Dance, Sensation, and similar events) run excellent parties. Trance Energy was spectacular.