PDA

View Full Version : shrooms in georgia

mezimomo
19-03-2009, 08:03
Was wondering if anyone knows if psilocybin cubensis shrooms grow in the areas around atlanta... I hear they grow in southern georgia, but not sure about my area... just east of atlanta. there are plenty of cow pastures nearby, and I was hoping to go shroom huntin :) any tips ?

any major dude
19-03-2009, 11:27
cubensis are native to the entire southeast u.s. I'd pick up a mushroom identification guide and do some studying before you go, as some poisonous mushrooms also grow in the south. If at all possible find a trustworthy person with experience doing this in your area, and try not to tresspass. happy hunting!

jamaica0535
20-03-2009, 02:55
Weillie (i know i butchered that) check erowid for the name...

it grows in 6 counties of Ga, nowhere else in the world....

Bit late in the season for that one, i believe its more of a fall mushroom.... but maybe they sprout in the spring time too... I hear they are a very potent species....

xploit
20-03-2009, 04:51
Weillie (i know i butchered that) check erowid for the name...

it grows in 6 counties of Ga, nowhere else in the world....

Bit late in the season for that one, i believe its more of a fall mushroom.... but maybe they sprout in the spring time too... I hear they are a very potent species....

weilii are great mushrooms, if you can find the right patch your in for a treat thats for sure. As far as other cubensis, I've been picking field shrooms for quite a few years, and the spring time is were its at in Georgia. Right after it rains for a good while go scope a field out with cows (be careful, you are liable to get shot if you trespass). I lived on the south side of ATL for most of my life, and i sure as shit didn't have a problem finding enough sources of them ;) Happy Hunting!

jamaica0535
20-03-2009, 05:32
weilii are great mushrooms, if you can find the right patch your in for a treat thats for sure. As far as other cubensis, I've been picking field shrooms for quite a few years, and the spring time is were its at in Georgia. Right after it rains for a good while go scope a field out with cows (be careful, you are liable to get shot if you trespass). I lived on the south side of ATL for most of my life, and i sure as shit didn't have a problem finding enough sources of them ;) Happy Hunting!

im hoping to go hunting again for them again some time....

as it happens to be most of my time is spent in 2 of the 6 counties its found in....

mezimomo
20-03-2009, 07:06
thanks for the replies. I have a friend who has some experience... he says best time to go find them is around 4am about 24 hours after a rainstorm. I've been on erowid alot lately making sure I kow exactly what cubensis look like. I just heard that they are a fall and spring species around here.

wish me luck ^_^

safety
20-03-2009, 08:01
Georgia
Gymnopilus junonius
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus luteus
Panaeolus cinctulus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Panaeolus olivaceus
Psilocybe atlantis
Psilocybe caerulescens (very rare)
Psilocybe caerulipes (very rare)
Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe weilii
...and 2 as yet unnamed Psilocybe species!

from the shroomery
http://www.shroomery.org/ (http://www.shroomery.org/)

Xorkoth
21-03-2009, 10:19
You got some replies. For future reference, this would be most suited for the N&S American Drug Discussion forum. :)