• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have You Ever Overdosed? [and all overdose discussion/stories]

I am still amazed at some of the overdoses that a great deal of people in this thread claimed to have gone through. Waking up the next day after taking too many opiates and being sick the whole day is not an overdose, they require medical attention. Overdosing isn't something to be proud of whatsoever. I would give anything if I could go back in time to stop myself from OD'ing.

Welp, this got to page 6, and no one has closed it. I was in the position of "im not touching this with a 6 ft. poll". After reading the posts, I have came to my conclusion that this has no place in Other Drugs. I will be moving this to Drug Culture, as that would be more approrite there. If the mods there disagree, then close it.

OD > DC

I OD'ed on Oxycontin the first time I ever did it. This was before I became the drug scholar I am today, and before that the only opiates I had done were generic 5/500mg Hydrocodones. So I get 4 40mg pills from my pops' bottle (they were from some operation he had done years ago) and stored them upstairs for later that night.

Night comes and I dose one (for anyone who has seen 40mg OC's they are quite small in comparison to hydros) and didn't feel anything for 45 minutes. So I figured with my then oh-so-intelligent-15-year-old brain that they probably were just weak and that it would be a good idea to go ahead and dose the other three.

Not 5 minutes after I dosed the other three the first one came and hit me like a freight train and the only think I could think was "oh shit, this is gonna be bad". So after trying to throw the pills up and failing I gave up and figured I'd just have to fasten my seat belt and ride this monster out.

160mg of Oxycontin is a hell of a dose for a kid who has no opiate tolerance and so I made the best of it and enjoyed the blissful first hour while I was high and the other three had yet to hit me...then it all went to shit. I was then afflicted with tremors, cold sweats, vomiting and a headache (which I would find was nothing compared to the one I would have the next morning). I sat their with shallow breaths and a pulse that mimicked a quadriplegic, three-toed sloth on heroin trying to hit a drum as fast as it could and failing miserably.

I thought long and hard as to whether I should wake up my conservative/christian parents to have them take me to the hospital but I figured it would be better if I just died, because if I told them I knew the next four years of my high school career would be shit and I would have little to no freedom.

Obviously I lived, seeing as I am sitting here spun on coke and typing this story to you.

Note: The headache the next day was the most ungodly force I have ever experienced.

I am still amazed at some of the overdoses that a great deal of people in this thread claimed to have gone through. Waking up the next day after taking too many opiates and being sick the whole day is not an overdose, they require medical attention. Overdosing isn't something to be proud of whatsoever. I would give anything if I could go back in time to stop myself from OD'ing.

Just because an overdose isn't fatal doesn't mean it isn't an overdose

Twice. First time I was dumbin out wit my boys at our apartment took four or five kpins and blew 4-5 bags. This wasn't a crazy thing for me I was doin this sort of shit at the regular at the time. Anyway, I was sippin on my forty and I walk in my roomates room all folded tellin him how he owed me a smoke up. He said ite ill twist one up, I sat down and thats all i remember from that point. They said I started turning blue and they realized shit wasn't right and took me to the local hospital, ER and all that. Turns out i stopped breathing my pulse stopped. Technically died really but they revived me. I woke up with like a BIG gasp in just my underwear, and i have never been nodding so hard in my life. I was in a white room almost naked strapped to the table arms and legs confused as fuck. At the time I would always have a chain on my wallet just for peeps tryin to snatch my shit if I pass out at a party or something came in handy plenty of times. Anyway I reach for it and it wasnt there and i started WILIN OUT thought it was kids that had robbed me and strapped me to a table I was like "untie me yo we'll see whats realllyy good ill kill you" and just wiggin. Slowly realized i OD'd and doctors were in my face sayin wow son youve got a second chance. It was some crazy shit. Had to stay over night and just talked to this one cute nurse and we kinda bonded it was a interesting experience. Second time wasn't as crazy but it was still irresponsible and foolish. Drugs are no joke ock
Just yesterday was at my boys house and he was slammin some and he starts odin i think i mean hes unresponsive and not breathing, I know CPR and I gave it to him and dude comes back tellin me I saved his life and shit. This persons like a brother to me I was hugging him and crying. I hope that shit sends him a message to the heart

I agreee with dude ninety percent of these shits aint actual ods you just did too much pssshhh...

Once (and as far as I am aware, this is the only time I have made a serious attempt to take my own life) I took an overdose of a methadone/clonazepam combo. I remember taking it and then writing a really emotional letter to my family, after which I fell unconscious some time later which I have no recollection of at all. Someone by pure luck managed to find me a couple of hours later. The next thing I know I've waken up abruptly in the intensive care unit from an IV shot of naloxone (luckily I wasn't dependent and therefore didn't suffer from any drug withdrawal symptoms whatsoever) at which point I started to vomit violently and suffer from a pouding headache. The doctor there said I was extremely lucky to have survived and said that when I was brought in I had a respiration rate of 8 breaths per minute! If no one had found me I'm quite certain I would have died.

If you're ever with someone that has for example fallen unconscious after taking an unknown quantity of an unknown substance it is vital that you do what's best for the person and call an ambulance. If the police decide to attend for whatever reason (this does not happen with ODs in the UK thank god, as this avoids people avoiding calling for help for fear of getting into trouble with the law) you will probably have a chance to remove any contraband before the authorities arrive to investigate the cause of such an event. You don't want to have someone's death on your conscience by having to remember you could have prevented it from happening so easily, so it's definitely without a doubt the right thing to do if you have any sense or compassion for human life.

I overdosed on a combo of hydromorphone, hydrocodone, morphine xanax, soma and booze before. Lucky at that time i had a vial of naloxone around and told the RN i used to live with about it. Saved my life, she found me blue and hit me with it.

The government needs to become more lienient with the naloxone.

Last edited:
'it appears that coach booth died from taking too many of the pain pills he was prescribed'
'shit, you can die from that?'

KfuckingP is too funny

oh boy, gotta leave my mark here...

I don't see anyone talking about OD on meth and blacking out...
It's happened to me twice, I don't think you could pay me to get back on it but it was sooo weird what happened...
First time I was on day 4 of a zinger and had somehow convinced myself that my shit had gone bad in storage over 5 days, and ate about 1.8g in a zig zag... That was enough, but my girlfriend was hitting the pipe so i got me a few pulls and usually don't hold the smoke in but I did that time, and after 3 rips I fell out, blackout, laid over, she woke me up after about 5 min and I dumped the whole ice tray out of the freezer in the kitchen sink and put my head in it, because I thought I was "overheating"... What an idiot..
Same shit happened again, but i was in my truck and hadn't touched it in weeks, but got through with about a gram of POWWOW and couldn't put the pipe down just, take a hit, take a breath, take a hit, take a breath, take a hit, BLACK... Woke up like 45 min later pipe still in hand leaned over in seat truck stalled out on a back road... Battery nearly dead... WOW.
And i think I surely overdid it with Dilaudid, before I knew of places like this I had never had any experience with it, and foolishy equated it's potency to OC's I had a full bottle of 8mg pills and my friend said they weren't really good, so I crushed up 6 and snorted away...figured I could handle 50mg oxy easy, why not this... my ass...
This was before the bar, so we get to the bar and i'm leaning and losing vision and looking like a total junky, I knew something was wrong by the way the waitress looked at me, we were now about 15 min into the thing...
30 min later, i'm getting dragged to the truck by buddies who swear the ambulance is coming, I had a warrant and managed to studder i'm fine before I took on self preservation measures and buckeled up... I had a buddy who died choking on puke and knew the pills were just reaching their tempo, my eyes were closed through all this... I woke up the next morning on his couch still buzzin, and caught the story from their point of view...
Cocaine overdose I saw colors and gasoline fumes and puked all in my truck and clenched my chest for 30 min while i stuggled to eat about 6mg xanax... an hour later i'm told I was ready to party...
I have given up those selfish ways...
Life is too precious, I was just angry with life at the time...wanted to punish it.

I snorted a massive ammt. of caffeine (yeah, caffeine XD) once.
At first it was enjoyable, peppy, euphoric.. like amphetamine but not really, less.. focused and paranoied. Then I realized that my heart was going super fast and panicked. My chest hurt then I blacked out. I don't really remember much of the incident, but I woke up kinda laying in front of the back screen door. I must not have been down long because I was still home alone.
I looked at my dog and said "woah"
that's it.

Twice, Once I was in my apartment with a bunch of friends drinkin fortys then i took five kpins and chewed em up. once they kicked in i did like 4 or 5 bags and went to smoke a blunt. They said my face turned blue and shit so they took me to the hospital. I woke up in just my undies strapped to this table and I had no idea where I was, I thought some kids were robbing me and had strapped me to the table and I was screaming at the nurses and talking shit like "take these straps off ill fuck you up". Then I slowly realized I was at the hospital. They revived me and shit with some fucking machine and I remember coming out with a huge gasp like i was coming out of water swimming. They were like wow second chance telling me this crazy shit and then i had to chill in this bed they wouldnt let me leave for a day but I just flirted with this fine ass nurse and I was really fucked up. They gave me my wallet back and I had three bags in it so I went in the bathroom and sniffed em lol i was bad. Lol..

When I was stupid and just wantd to get fucked up I took 12mg Klonopin and 16mg Ativan - I didn't get hurt physically from it, but I remember nothing and woke up in a psych ward 2 days later.

I've had a seizure smoking crack before, had smoked ~$200 worth that day...I haven't smoked it since then, though.

Lastly, Bupe. First time I tried it a friend's mom gave me 8 2mgs for the beach, naturally I snorted the whole thing to begin with, I had a hard time staying awake, but the girl I was with-who is much smaller- snorted a whole one too...needless to say I had to hold her and put her in the shower and make sure she was breathing for like 8 hours...then we were both fucked up for way too long after that. Such shit

i took 120mg mg ms contin with methadone tablets, hadn't eaten for three days and smoked a shitload of meth (my lood pressure sits low as it is). Overdosed on fentany cut two 50ug and had taken dome panadeine fortes xnax temazepam murealx, no sleep or food and meth. Also has take 6 oxycontins the drank about 40ml of methadone liquid, so i high i then aranged some heroin and woke up in hospital, left as soon as i came to and started smoking up meth and dropping pills good as new. The fentanyl i nearly died and that has scared me. I am luck to be alive, potent stuff and when you cut the patch you dont know what you're in for. my problem is i take benzos everyday for anxiety so they in my system and my blood pressure already low heroin just is not for me i guess. Love oxys now and again but monitor them!

f
hadn't eaten for three days and smoked a shitload of meth (my lood pressure sits low as it is

Doesn't meth raise your blood pressure?

This reminds me of an "over-dose" I had once (sorry guys I'm gonna disappoint you and say I didn't come close to dieing or need med attention. so skip this post if only hardcore shit counts.

I have high blood pressure and take meds for it and I noticed opiates and benzos drop it better than most hypertensives. Mine fluctuates wildly and they can't find out why. their tested all my levels and did CT scans of every major ergaoe Kidney's and heart are good. My "overdose" concerns me taking my hypertensives before measure my BP which I found to be 75/50 or thereabouts, didn't know it could go so low. I couldn't really walk properly after that someone had to stand near me in case I fell. When I eventually got to bed, I slept almost 24 hours. Woke up and the clock said 9 and I thought WTF? Why is it so dark outside. lol. But some woman in ICU had such low BP that they couldn't measure it. (how does that woirk? the BP cuff cut off supply?).

wikipedia
The term drug overdose (or simply overdose or OD) describes the ingestion or application of a drug or other substance in quantities greater than are recommended or generally practiced. An overdose is widely considered harmful and dangerous, and it can result in death.
Contents

Answers.com
Definition

A drug overdose is the accidental or intentional use of a drug or medicine in an amount that is higher than is normally used.

Collins
overdose (overdoses plural & 3rd person present) (overdosing present participle) (overdosed past tense & past participle )
1 n-count If someone takes an overdose of a drug, they take more of it than is safe.
usu sing
Each year, one in 100 girls aged 15-19 takes an overdose...
2 verb If someone overdoses on a drug, they take more of it than is safe.
He'd overdosed on heroin... V on n
Medical opinion varies on how many tablets it takes to overdose. V
3 n-count You can refer to too much of something, especially something harmful, as an overdose.
usu sing, oft N of n
An overdose of sun, sea, sand and chlorine can give lighter hair a green tinge.
4 verb You can say that someone overdoses on something if they have or do too much of it.
The city, he concluded, had overdosed on design. V on n

And an overdose is an overdose. It's only associated with people needing med attention to survive because of all the hype around it. Although Im pretty sure potentially fatal over doses is what the OP originally wanted to speak about in the first place.

Last edited:
When I was fresh, young, and angsty I snatched up bottles of a few narcotics from my grandparents (7.5 generic oxycodone & 5/500 hydrocodone) along side a med for post op nausea called Reglen. Just gobbled the whole mess down thinking things would go at least pretty quickly once it was all down and not coming back up. Wrong, of course.

It was the overdose of reglen that actually saved me in a sense. I had a nasty fucking seizure: every muscle in my face, neck, chest, legs, and then my back went rock hard tense and started jerking like crazy; I was flopping around uncontrolably. My mother downstairs heard the smack flop banging, and I ended up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped, a shot of narcan for the opiates, a shot a benedryl believe it or not for the reglen seizure, and a 72 hour trip to the nut house.

They actually let you guys go home? I thought if you were considered a potential danger to yourself or others they had to Baker Act you? They didn't hesitate with me.

Later (while still plenty young and angsty) I had what felt like a similar siezure on tramadol, but before it got crazy bad I ate some benedryl and things did smooth out. That muscle sensation of "about to seize" or "seizing" in the face muscles especially is unforgettable and frightening.

What a happy thread

Well, let's see...I hate to say this, and I'm somewhat ashamed, but I've OD'd more times than I can remember, honestly. Accidental and on purpose at times...

The one that sticks out the most right now:

I was sixteen years old. I had a serious opiate habit for a 16 year old, thanks to a father who didn't get in between my addiction and I until later on in my addiction. I had OC's, Percocet, Lortab, Xanax, and alcohol, in the most excessive amounts. I had been blowing Oxy's and popping perc's and 'tabs all day long, and then started drinking and popping Xanax in the evening...The last thing I remember was railing 120mg OxyContin, taking another handful of 2mg bars, and finishing off the last of my bottle of Absolut...I know for a fact I consumed 200+mg oxycodone, 100+mg hydrocodone, 20+mg alprazolam, and close to a full handle of vodka that afternoon/evening...anyway, I awoke two days later to friends worried sick, puke all over my clothes, and blue-tinted lips, and was told about what had happened and how I had passed out, started shaking/convulsing, and how I was taken care of...What did I do? Railed an OC80 as soon as possible right after that and didn't even give a fuck that I almost died...

I wish I could go back and kick my ass now.

Also, at 18 I OD'd on morphine, xanax, and whiskey. I had a terrible seizure, threw my body into a wall, almost knocked my two front teeth clean out(they were barely hanging from roots), and had to get extensive oral surgery...did this stop me from using? No.

There's quite a few more, these are just the two sticking out the most right now.

Ive Od before but not the kind where I ended up gettin 911 called on me, but last night I did. I posted in the dope stamp thread about it. I was dead for like 10 minutes before they got my ass up. and I was dumb as hell cuz i was pissed that my high got ruined and wanted to go back to the hiding spot where my man put all my empty bags, so that i could get them an scrape them out and get high again once i left the hospital. i ran out cuz i toldd them that I couldnt pay the bill and dint need to be there. The nurse was a real bitch and was like I KNO WAT YOUR DOIN I KNO WATS GOIN ON HERE an bullshit like that. WTFever tho I bounced and went home and didnt let them keep me in there and do no tests on me, hell no.

my first and only OD was in 2005. on april fools day haha yea. anyways it was off 4oomg of methadone. at the time i had a fairly large tolerance to dones. homedude of mine was just handing them out. i remember ducking out twice and being hit with narcan twice. havent come close to od since that night. thing is ODin doesnt scare you away from doing dope. atleast for me it didnt.

Well, let's see...I hate to say this, and I'm somewhat ashamed, but I've OD'd more times than I can remember, honestly. Accidental and on purpose at times...

The one that sticks out the most right now:

I was sixteen years old. I had a serious opiate habit for a 16 year old, thanks to a father who didn't get in between my addiction and I until later on in my addiction. I had OC's, Percocet, Lortab, Xanax, and alcohol, in the most excessive amounts. I had been blowing Oxy's and popping perc's and 'tabs all day long, and then started drinking and popping Xanax in the evening...The last thing I remember was railing 120mg OxyContin, taking another handful of 2mg bars, and finishing off the last of my bottle of Absolut...I know for a fact I consumed 200+mg oxycodone, 100+mg hydrocodone, 20+mg alprazolam, and close to a full handle of vodka that afternoon/evening...anyway, I awoke two days later to friends worried sick, puke all over my clothes, and blue-tinted lips, and was told about what had happened and how I had passed out, started shaking/convulsing, and how I was taken care of...What did I do? Railed an OC80 as soon as possible right after that and didn't even give a fuck that I almost died...

I wish I could go back and kick my ass now.

Also, at 18 I OD'd on morphine, xanax, and whiskey. I had a terrible seizure, threw my body into a wall, almost knocked my two front teeth clean out(they were barely hanging from roots), and had to get extensive oral surgery...did this stop me from using? No.

There's quite a few more, these are just the two sticking out the most right now.

Dude, your entire post sounds like major dicksizing. As if it's hip to OD8)