• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have You Ever Overdosed? [and all overdose discussion/stories]

2 Times 1st time 1 full jug methadone 160mg OC 10mg Alprozalam 1/4 gram of coke, found face down in the middle of the street traffic stopped around me and my homeboy who did pretty much the same amount, 19 hours later woke up in a hospital pukin all over a nurse, I had flatlined and was resusitated. 2nd time 3mg alprozalam IDK how much heroin i just remember laying down before work, my roommates came to get me when i didnt come down for work i was blue and cold, thrown into the shower immediatly 911 called narcanned out of it but unknown to the ambo guys my lungs where filling with fluids and i died in the ambo when my lungs collapsed and caused heart failure i spent 32 days in U of M ann arbor 3 lung tubes, had to relearn to walk talk eat lack of O2 to the brain has since made my life alot harder since then i have not been able to remember alot, my brain gets very boggled. I do have to give mad props to the staff at U of M ICU they made sure i was incubated for 9 days so i wouldnt feel the imense amount of pain. The only thing i remember about ICU was being woke up and told to hum which i couldnt due to dysphonia(paralyzed vocal cords due to severe trama) and the nurse pulling the lung tube out of my back. The rest of my time in the hospital is a big blur.

8mgs of xanax, 40mgs of oxy, and 1/2g of coke had me in the hospital.

Damn xanax made me forget how much coke id done

Once on fentanyl (smoked gel), booze, and lorazepam. I had a suicidal ideation at the time and was quite possibly subconsciously trying to overdose although that didn't emerge into my conscious thoughts at the time.

I popped about 15 mg lorazepam over the course of an hour then smoked an entire 25 mcg/hr sandoz patch within an hour or so all the while drinking like 4 drinks ... at least I THINK those were the doses (kinda hard to remember exactly). I remember feeling really fucking euphoric and toasted one minute then taking another little hit of fentanyl gel and... *blank* -- and I woke up four hours later on the floor in a pool of puke. I'm VERY luck to have survived because NOBODY was around to check on me. Had those doses been a little higher, or had I not drunk almost a full pot of coffee prior to the incident, I probably would not have survived.

I have no doubt that my breathing was probably shallow while I was passed out ... but by some amazing luck I didn't stop breathing (the coffee? doses just below what would have been lethal for me? pure luck? I don't know). I'm glad I did not die though -- the suicidal ideation was a severe adverse reaction to 90 mg duloxetine per day (I was 19 years old at the time).

I'm in much better shape nowadays thankfully, and I can't state enough how thankful I am that I somehow continued to breathe and woke up and didn't stop breathing and die.

I have to agree with many others that OD comes on with little if any warning. Maybe for drugs that come on very slowly like poppy tea or methadone you'd get some warning signs and have a chance to get the narcan or revia, but it's doubtful that there will be enough warning time with opioids that hit quickly, especially when said opioids are administered via fast acting routes like smoking or IV. Smoking is right up there with IV for fentanyl since, because it is so potent, it's easy to inhale large doses in one puff -- where it would take many more puffs with heroin. For heroin, morphine, and oxycodone IV is the ROA that gives one absolutely no chance to react due to no warning time, for fentanyl or other similarly potent opioids, IV OR smoking gives one absolutely no warning time or chance to react. I just remember taking that final puff of fentanyl freebase from the gel and then losing consciousness immediately. It was no doubt worsened by the insane dose of lorazepam and little bit of booze I had also taken -- again, it's truly a miracle I'm alive.

I'd imagine even oral doses of some opioids would not give much warning time either. On an empty stomach the come-up of oxycodone is extremely rapid for me: I go from nothing to peak in a few minutes. I'd imagine if one took an overdose of oxycodone orally on an empty stomach that they'd only have 30 to 60 seconds of feeling "whoa, too much", and would have to have and get narcan into their system in that short time span: having Revia (naltrexone) around might be better for oral opioid users as there isn't most likely gonna be enough time to prep a shot of a mu antagonist even from an oral OD of a fast acting opioid... so popping a naltrexone pill during that critical 30 to 60 seconds could abort the OD before death occurs unless the OD was incredibly massive (if you're capable of calling 911 or friends are around to call 911 ... ensure that this is done also).

If I had to guess, for fast acting opioids, it's something like this (this is assuming the opioids are NOT mixed with any other CNS depressants -- that changes everything and makes the picture and prognosis worse):

IV: no warning time, better hope somebody is around to help you or that you don't stop breathing

IM/SC: very short warning time, a few seconds

vaporized: OD unlikely to occur with heroin-level potency opioids as one will likely realize they've had enough before getting enough in the bloodstream via this ROA to overdose (unless the person is trying to OD), however with very potent opioids like fentanyl where a full dose or OVERdose can be inhaled in one puff or a few puffs, it's like IV -- no warning

plugged: similar to IM/SC

oral: a minute warning time... better have Revia (naltrexone) pills or somebody around -- may be longer warning times with methadone or pod tea, so take that naltrexone if it becomes "too much" feeling or call 911 if you have no naltrexone

Understand that this is not "advice" or fact -- this is merely conjecture by me as to how much warning time I suspect one may have with opioid overdose and different ROAs. Please don't misconstrue this as any type of medical advice. If you think you're overdosing, call 911 and THEN flush your stash, NOT the other way around! Tell friends using with you to do the same. Use with other people for increased safety. Have narcan (naloxone) shots premade just in case for SC/IM use (no time to find a vein) and tell friends where they are and have revia (naltrexone) pills in your stash and tell any friends where they are for oral use -- if this is possible for you. Remember, 911 first, get rid of the stash after the call. It's awesome if you have time to hide your shit, but the chance that the ambulance will show up before you've gotten rid of it or that you'll lose consciousness before you get rid of it all is TOTALLY worth it -- it may save your life. You can worry about the fact that the paramedics / cops may have found drugs later. Worry about saving your life first, and tell friends the same thing.

July 3, 2008 hydrocodone 75mg, oxycodone 50mg, clonazepam 8mg, and methadone 90mg.
Girlfriend woke up at 7:30am to the sound of me struggling for a breath of air in my sleep. She tried unsuccessfully to wake me. She called ambulance. In the hospital I was given a shot of pentzocaine(opiate antagonist). Spent 4 days in ICU because I inhaled my vomit in the ambulance and I temporarily damaged my kidneys. The ICU Dr. gave me 4mg morphine
2x a day and 2mg lorazepam 2x a day. She said it was to keep me from feeling like a Mack truck had run over me. She was a nice doc.

i guess i'm fuckn lucky..considering all the mindless shit i've done..blacking out on xanax/kpins with alcohol every month last year, combining alcohol and meth a lot...doing coke/crack+amphetamine+weed together for the past week...never been hospitalized...surprisingly i never puke, but i thought i'd have a heart attack last night (crack attack) after a big crack hit. i couldn't breathe for short periods of time, my face and extremities were freezing cold and i was shaking for a couple hours..typical ghostly pale face.. my heart was racing but it felt like it had stopped and i found myself so zoned out i didn't know what i'd been doing all day..3,4 hours go by and i snap out of it... eventually i got to sleep, woke up later and cut out some bumps. :\

Well this is nothing as hard as some of the posters here are reporting, but it just goes to show how even "harmless" drugs can be dangerous:

Back in my youthful days I was a huge fan of Tramadol and I took around 300-400mg multiple times a week. I never thought anything of it, never had bad WDs, nothing. One day I took 400mg in the evening, and then when I woke up the next day I realized I had just happened to have exactly my last 400mg left. So I took that at around 10:00AM. I started to feel the normal tramadol warmth come on and I went to a restaurant to meet a friend for lunch. I walked in the door, of the restaurant, caught her eye across the room....and then nothing. I woke up on the floor of the restaurant in my own vomit with people all around me and this friend of mine giving me CPR breaths. Apparently I had been seizing for a good 3 minutes, and my lips had gone blue so she started CPR to give me air. The rest of the day was pretty much a blur, I went home and slept, and all my muscle hurt for the rest of the week.

I never touched tramadol again. Such a seemingly benign little drug...

Yeh...back in 1995...OD'd on heroin...my roommate found me blue with agonal respirations and whacked me in the arm with a buttload of coke...woke me up and prolly saved my life...

cleaned up my act a year later (yes, I was stuck on stupid)...now years later I'm on a pain management regimin lol...seems I just can't escape those opiates...

Crystal meth. Have done it a few times. I blast too much and my eyes go cross eyed, I go cold, and yeah. Doesn't feel bad though. You just go "oh, shouldn't have had that much."

I did. I Shot up too much. Woke up in the hospital. It hurts really bad(At least for me) They gave me nalaxone so i was forced into withdrawels it sucked. Dont OD!!!!!

wow this is going to be something......

1 OD first was when I was in 8th grade, Drank a bunch of 40's with some local bums at the rail road tracks and was vomiting like The Exorcist, and was bed ridded for a few days.

2 20 Hits of GELS aka LSD/ACID also called fish-scale. It might not be a OD but maybe on a mental level. Saw Disney movies in the sky you name it, it came true, good, but mostly bad. Parents thought I was insane for days....

3 Oxys 10'sx30/24hrs+80-Oz Malt liquor, Feel asleep, woke up with piss,s#it, Blood, snot, puke in the bed, Liver was pulsing like a 70 Hemi Cuda.

4 Coke 1/4 ounce in 36 hours+ Vodka, I work at a Hosp. And I got a Huge Rock on a friday and started doing it until like sunday, I work through tuesday. I Got to the point on sunday when both my nostrils were so bloodiy up that I couldnt snort. then I started drinking it. but after a while coke has no effect, trust me there is a limit. I then started drinking and that led to a major blackout, Bloody snot all over the walls and pillows, headache, terrible stools, shakes, cold and hot periods, sleepless nights for about a week. not good..... plus I was all alone so even worse right? coke was as bad as LSD as it made me Hallucaunate like a MOFO

5 Xanax + Ecstacy+Beer, On a worknight I took 6 tri-stack X pills, 7mg of Xanax, 5 coors light. Now you would think the X would keep me up, but the Xanax and Coors cancel it out. I wouldnt wake up and my parent's tried for 2 hours throwing ice water on me, then I left the house in a flurry and on my way to work I wrecked at 90 MPH on the freeway, I took out a fence, Ruined a awesome car, yet I was untouched.
Also like 2 weeks later I drank a bottle of vodka and took 30xLorazepam 0.5mg in a night, then attemped to drive to work, as I left my house, the New car I just got, the tire seperated and I hit a curb, "wheel damage only" but it was a major wake up call

I should be the poster child to OD because I have a few more.

I took .5 mg clonazepam and did a few shots of liquor before work one day (that's all I could find) because I was really anxious. After work, I shot HALF A BAG of this H from Atlanta (this is after a week of doing 2-bag shots throughout each day) and said, "This is the best rush I've ever had." I laid down on the bed and next thing I know I'm being slapped in the face and yelled at to wake up. Apparently my face was turning blue and shit..but all I know is, I felt amazing and then I passed out. Woke up seeing double, or triple, or .. something.

Don't know if the klonopin had anything to do with it, since I have a benzo tolerance.

^^i didn't quite get to fall out stage, but i had nearly the same thing happen when i lived in kentucky and got ahold of some detroit dope...thank god that my junkie mentor wouldn't let me do more than half a bag, that easily had me nodding right the fuck off.

it's funny how you kind of build a tolerance to the dope that comes through your area and then you try some from somewhere else and are pleasantly...possibly too pleasantly...surprised.

About 2 1/2 months ago I OD'd on 240mg of oxy and 4mg of xanax(I think thats what it was) My mother found me out cold on the bathroom floor, in a way im glad she found me but on the other hand im sure I scared the hell out of her and I kinda wish someone else found me coz I cant imagine what it'd be like to find your son possibly dying in your bathroom at 2AM in the morning. I dont remember any of it either, cant remember whether I sniffed or shot either, I guess it doesnt matter, an OD is an Od. Be careful mixing downers people.

Are you an alcoholic?

Well Yes as you can tell, Iam a User and abuser of everything, from money, to clothes, to women, to drugs, to alcohol, to cars, to you name it.

Iam drinking 120 Oz of Olde English 7.5% And Iam not even close to being drunk.

Iam also a street racer if that helps, if you pull up next to me, I will race you, I have a 13 sec car and its a total sleeper, super quiet, very fast. I race every day, I always go a 100mph, Its an addiction. I know I need help, but what do I do>?