• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 13.3.09 - Principal finds 94 ecstasy tablets in 15-year-old's bag

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Principal finds 94 ecstasy tablets in 15-year-old's bag

ARJUN RAMACHANDRAN
13/03/2009 9:20:00 AM

college2k1_03.jpg

A 15-year-old Sydney school boy has been charged with supplying drugs after nearly 100 ecstasy tablets were allegedly found in his school bag yesterday.

The boy's inner-city school principal saw him arriving late for school about 11.30am and demanded to search his bag.

The boy gave permission and police alleged the principal found 94 tablets, believed to be ecstasy, with an estimated street value of about $3000.

Police were called to the school and they arrested the 15-year-old.

Police would not confirm the name of the school, but it was named by 2GB as St Mary's Cathedral College.

"It's a great tragedy for the parents that something like this should happen and come to the attention of police," Inspector Brenton Lee from City Central police said.

The boy was charged with supplying an indictable quantity of a prohibited drug.

He was refused bail and will face Bidura Children's Court today.

St Mary's Cathedral College was contacted for comment.

http://portlincoln.yourguide.com.au...cstasy-tablets-in-15yearolds-bag/1458569.aspx

That is such a strict private school , the kid better start looking for a new school thats if he does not go to jail but he is 15 years old , he will be squealing to the pigs on who gave them to him and so on so he get let off.

http://www.smccsydney.catholic.edu.au/

as if u allow principle to search your bag when u have nearly a 100pk in it. I'd tell the principle stick it and walk away/run away.

dumb kiddies

They really dont have any right to search your bag under some circurstances. Why would the principal want to check his bags because of his late arrival. The only thing I cant think of is that he would be searching for a packet of smokes or something (thinking he was out smoking and came late to class). But really the kid should have the right to say no. I certainly wouldnt allow the teachers to search my bag without some sort of warrant or statement allowing to do so.

The kid is young and whatever stupid dealer gave it to this kid is truley a dickhead because kids will give up anyone and anyone. He already said 'yes' to a bag search. Cant wait to see what he says in court.

And the dealer must be either related to him or a very close friend or similar. No way would this kid have $xxxx amount of dollars to purchase that to sell.

WTF why would you let him look in your bag when you had all those pills on you, stupid little 15 year old, even I knew better then that when I was his age... I feel sorry for the guy that supplied them to him because they will come down on him like a tonne of bricks.

Also on another note:
The boy gave permission and police alleged the principal found 94 tablets, believed to be ecstasy, with an estimated street value of about $3000.

As if they would be worth that much, actually if he was selling to young rich kids they could be worth that much in the schools walls lol. Where abouts is this school located anyways?

the kid could have told the principle "no, you cant look in my bag" and walked away. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Well at least he learnt a few valuable lessons in school that day.

the kid could have told the principle "no, you cant look in my bag" and walked away. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Well at least he learnt a few valuable lessons in school that day.

I don't think the principle can actually as he was on school grounds. That's not my area of expertise though.

When I was in High School my entire grade was detained in a hall for 2 hours while the teachers searched everyone's bags and lockers as someone's P.E. gear had been stolen. It turned up in a toilet. I am talking early 90's though.

Last edited:
Yeah i love the mark up they always do on the est. street value. Not even close to that amout, especially if he was unloading some in bulk.. Why bring 94 to school? thats just asking for trouble.. Prob trying to show off to his mates. U'd think some1 with the balls to take that many to school, would have the balls to tell the principal were to go.

Yeh I'm pretty sure to search your bag against your will the principal would need your parents' permission or a police officer present right? Or am I living in the 80's too?

Fuck that, if you're carrying 94 pills that's when you tell the principal to go fuck himself and run like a bitch.

Yeh I'm pretty sure to search your bag against your will the principal would need your parents' permission or a police officer present right? Or am I living in the 80's too?

If that's the case and he hadn't of consented then he might of gotten off on an unlawful search technicality. Or am I living in a U.S./Cheech and Chong frame of mind?

It's sounds like there is more to the story. I'd say they knew about it and he was ambushed and intimidated. Maybe he got rid of 6 pills yesterday and someone rolled over on him?

i remeber school bags having heaps of pockets and shit to hide in... and even if nothing else all those places make you wear blazers and they have pockets inside the chest. the kids an idiot none of the staff at his school would really have the right to search him

i think actually within schools teachers/princepals do have the right to search bags. they definately have the rights to search lockers (which are technically school property) but i think this extends to bags to.

OK, this kid made a bad decision about allowing the principal to search his bag. He's 15. All respect due to all those 15-y.o BLers out there who are more street-smart than this cat. No disrespect intended. But what the fuck? Who can blame him for the mistake?

What I have issue with is how this story is being featured worldwide. I read this headline in the Washington Post, albeit in the World Section or whatever it's called.

The other day I posted a link to a story that was run as the lead in the SF Chronicle. Now, I'll admit, the Chronicle is a piece of soggy, shit-beladen toilet rag, but it's San Francisco's most respectable newspaper (and pretty much the only paper). (Thanks, Capitalism, and sinking standards and Rupert Murdoch!) This lead story was that two "Florida teens" had swallowed 1/8th of weed at a traffic stop. (!!) That was the story. AP story. Leading news in case y'all missed that.

How the fuck is this national news? And, in turn, how is some kid being charged with possession of 94 pills global news? What. The. Fuck. I don't like to use the term genocide because it leads people into digressive and unproductive discussions of comparative slaughter, but there IS genocide being committed right now in this world by corporations and governments and partisan groups. Where is the coverage of THAT? Oh yeah, maybe on page 16 of the New York Times. Or page 12 of the International section of the NYT. Every 8 weeks or so. And yet you see these petty drug stories pretty much every day.

How the fuck do these stories of teenagers dealing in tiny bits of drugs dominate the news?!?!? Beyond sickening. There are no words for it.

For all those crying foul of the search, if its a private school, its private property, and such schools can and do make their own rules in terms of locker or bag search.

It is pretty shockin that a 15 year old kid has 94 beans on him.

I was into some fairly heavy shit at 15... its not the norm, but it does happen :p

The kid aged a year on the SMH website, now he's 16. Saw the story this morning and just shook my head. Silly silly boy, trying to be one of the 'in crowd' a bit too much.

I was in a private school in the early 90s (boarding school actually) and the heaviest that I heard about happening was girls giving BJs on the sports oval and some alcohol smuggled on a camping trip....maybe there was other stuff, but I wasn't cool enough to be in the know :p

We had people taking pills and meth by 11th/12 grade, though it was fairly restricted to a certain circle, and nobody was dumb enough to bring them to school.