• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does the Australian Drug Discussion need a name change?

Should the Australian Drug Discussion have a name change?

• Total voters

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
It was recently raised that Australian Drug Discussion was in need of a name change. It was believed that the name itself wasn’t representative of those who use the forum or all inclusive of its intended audience and participation group.

There were many suggestions put forward including no name change at all, however, detailed below are some possibilities if a name change was wanted or required:

• Oceania and Asian Drug Discussion;
  • Australasian, Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia and Asian Drug Discussion;
  • Australasian and Asian Drug Discussion;
  • Australasian Drug Discussion;
  • Australian and Asian Drug Discussion; or no change at all and keep it as
  • Australian Drug Discussion.

Obviously this list is not exhaustive and if a change was to occur it would happen in consultation with the whole Australian Drug Discussion user group, staff and the wider Bluelight community. It would need to be discussed in detail with consideration given to all relevant points raised during these discussions.

So what are your thoughts – Do we need a change or is everything fine how it is?

Is it a case of if it isn’t broken then don’t fix it; or

A change is as good as a holiday and because I take too many drugs I can’t afford to take a holiday, so change away? ;)

I reckon the Australasia Drug Discussion would suit it well as we seem to get people in here asking where the Asian Drug Discussion is and that would answer there questions for them...

The majority of users in here are from Australia though so we definitely want that in the name I feel.

Melanesia, Micronesia, Polynesia and Asia as well? I think Australia is big enough to have its own forum. If we do change it to anything it should be to "Australian Drug Discussion". I think we have enough users here to support it.

its mostly aussies that participate in this forum anyhow, why change?

btw i clicked wrong button in the poll and chosed change :x

lol

I voted change because I feel we should consider other people as well... Either that or make up another 2 forums which would require more moderators to look after it.

^^^
consider who? dont you think Australia is big enough and has enough drug users to have their own forum? And the more people we include into the forum the more irrelevent information there will be for aussie's. They should just have there own forum. :)

I think Asia should make there own section. Asia doesnt have anythin to do with Australia. We dont even get the same drugs so whats the point?

^^^
consider who? dont you think Australia is big enough and has enough drug users to have their own forum? And the more people we include into the forum the more irrelevent information there will be for aussie's. They should just have there own forum. :)

I'm considering all the Asian people who use this forum as well, although I do feel they should have their own forum as they are about 10 times larger then Australia... Also a lot of the users in Asia are actually from Australia to begin with as I have been told that most of the Chinese population has difficulty accessing this forum due to internet blockers and what not.

Asia is a stop over for drugs on there way to Australia as well if you didn't know that, so they would also get some of the same drugs we get down here as well so some drugs would be of relevant interests to both of us... There are many things to consider before changing the name at this stage I feel.

There are also not many Asian users in here, well that are members anyways, so it would be hard to moderate another section as it would get pretty messy and a lot of threads that should not be open would be left open for long periods of time.

Ahhh shit! i acidently voted for no lol

Im to wasted to think now:)

How about [size=+1]Pacific Drug Discussion[/size]?

Maybe we'll get some Hawaiians or some Chileans in here.

^^^^ Shhhh Coolio you don't have a say your from America hahaha.

But on a serious not to that comment, we would not want Hawaiians or Chileans as there drugs would be totally different to ours. They would be sourced from America mainly so belong to the North & South American Drug Discussion Forum.

^^^^ Shhhh Coolio you don't have a say your from America hahaha.

But on a serious not to that comment, we would not want Hawaiians or Chileans as there drugs would be totally different to ours. They would be sourced from America mainly so belong to the North & South American Drug Discussion Forum.

Hawaii is more related to Asia than to North America. They're also a South Pacific island so they share many properties with Australia as far as drug sourcing.

I typed up a huge reply in the Support thread, and it got lost.

I don't think we need a change, though Australasia would be a possibility.

The Micronesia, Polynesia..etc suggestion is a bit silly and should probably not have been included. I certainly don't think anyone was seriously advocating it.

We are definitely not creating any more forums - we're not going to create an Aussie forum and then another sub-forum for Asia and/or NZ. As far as regional forums we are sticking with what we have, namely an Asian-Pacific forum where most members are Australian (this one); a European/African/Middle Eastern forum where most members are from the UK; and a North/South American forum where most members are from the US or Canada. We're just trying to find a way to include people who don't come from countries where the majority of our members live :). The obvious way to do that is to have NZers post in here; the question at hand is 'what's the best title for this forum, given that most members are Aussies, but the forum doesn't just represent Aussies?'.

Hawaii is more related to Asia than to North America. They're also a South Pacific island so they share many properties with Australia as far as drug sourcing.

Yes but they are an American state and I know that a lot of drugs are actually transported through the services and seeing as there is naval and air bases located on the island a higher percentage of the drugs would be sourced from the states and transported through the services as the government would be less lenient to check U.S.S ships/aircrafts/trucks as to Asian or any other countries transportation units...

i think there is no need to change it it is very appropiate and there is no confusion made i vote fuck no!